Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,315 members, 7,954,268 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. (751 Views)

Are You In Need Of A Hotel Website With Online Room Reservation?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by osile2012: 3:00pm On May 11, 2017
Hello Fellow Webmasters,

I am working on a hotel website with php and mysql database.I am abit confused on the approach to use to enable customers to make reservations and pay online. Here are my challenges.

1) Should i use an already developed hotel management system and integrate it to the site to handle reservation? If so , which one is very good and which payment platform can i use for receiving payment ?

2)Should i code the it in PHP? The comparison of dates to enable which rooms are free are a bit tricky. What is the exact query to use to compare the check in and check out dates? Find rooms that have not been booked.

What payment can i integrate in the code to receive payment ?

I will appreciate your public expert advice .

Thanks
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by laideogunjobi: 5:09pm On May 11, 2017
Do you know that u can use woocommerce + payment integration plugin for Wordpress to build Hotel Reservation System?
Want to know more whatsapp/call me on 08063718360
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by osile2012: 6:05pm On May 11, 2017
laideogunjobi:
Do you know that u can use woocommerce + payment integration plugin for Wordpress to build Hotel Reservation System?
Want to know more whatsapp/call me on 08063718360

I am not using wordpress. Doing the design from scratch, nut you can share for others to learn.
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by Greene66: 10:24pm On May 11, 2017
I advise you code from scratch. Use php date () for date comparisons.

And for payment platform, contact your bank or any payment processors online.
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by osile2012: 2:47pm On May 13, 2017
Greene66:
I advise you code from scratch. Use php date () for date comparisons.

And for payment platform, contact your bank or any payment processors online.

I am doing so. The only challenge is searching for a room in the database that is before or after check in and checkout date.

IF there is a reservation for 12/5/17 to 15/5/17 if another person wants to make a reservation of same room for 13/5/17 , to be sure that the same room does not show up as vacant before then is a challenge.

Need to know the exact query format for comparing the checkin and checkout dates.
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by Donald3d(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2017
osile2012:

I am doing so. The only challenge is searching for a room in the database that is before or after check in and checkout date.

IF there is a reservation for 12/5/17 to 15/5/17 if another person wants to make a reservation of same room for 13/5/17 , to be sure that the same room does not show up as vacant before then is a challenge.

Need to know the exact query format for comparing the checkin and checkout dates.
It depends on so many factors ,most importantly it depends on ow your database was designed .
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by osile2012: 3:18pm On May 13, 2017
Donald3d:

It depends on so many factors ,most importantly it depends on ow your database was designed .

Basic tables

Rooms

Booking

Booking includes both room and guest primary keys with checkin and checkout dates
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by Dermie: 8:23pm On May 13, 2017
osile2012:
Hello Fellow Webmasters,

I am working on a hotel website with php and mysql database.I am abit confused on the approach to use to enable customers to make reservations and pay online. Here are my challenges.

1) Should i use an already developed hotel management system and integrate it to the site to handle reservation? If so , which one is very good and which payment platform can i use for receiving payment ?

2)Should i code the it in PHP? The comparison of dates to enable which rooms are free are a bit tricky. What is the exact query to use to compare the check in and check out dates? Find rooms that have not been booked.

What payment can i integrate in the code to receive payment ?

I will appreciate your public expert advice .

Thanks

For a table with columns room_number, check_in and check_out, use something like this select * from rooms where room_number = '$room_number' and ((date_in >= '2017-05-12' and date_out <= '2017-05-22') or (date_in <= '2017-05-12' and date_out >= '2017-05-22'));
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by osile2012: 7:12pm On May 15, 2017
Dermie:

For a table with columns room_number, check_in and check_out, use something like this select * from rooms where room_number = '$room_number' and ((date_in >= '2017-05-12' and date_out <= '2017-05-22') or (date_in <= '2017-05-12' and date_out >= '2017-05-22'));

ok thanks
Re: Need Help With Hotel Reservation System. by Dermie: 8:59pm On May 17, 2017
osile2012:

ok thanks

You're welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Very Popular Domain Names For Sale! / Word Press Login Problem / Please,how Can I Download Instagram Video ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.