Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Alchemist - My Notes.... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Alchemist - My Notes.... (526 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Alchemist - My Notes.... by Genesys2014: 4:02pm On May 11, 2017
The Alchemist
For over a week now, I decided to listen to the audio book of The Alchemist, a best selling novel by Paulo Coelho, and here are some notes from the book.
1. Discover yourself: This subject matter, I think is one of the most important notes I took from the book, it talks about understanding oneself by sharing oneself. Share your self with your elders, teacher and mentors. Positive inputs from the elders are always helpful.
2. Taking risk: in your pursuit of purpose and happiness, taking risk is one decision that will come often.
3. Live in the moment: Learn from your past, and look into the future, never look back so as not to turn into a pile of salt!
4. Nurture innocence: There is no standard recipe to success, as one man's path is different to another, yet while starting out, be innocent like a child and you will be surprised by nature.
5.Find enthusiasm: Never spend a day doing something without enthusiasm, else you will be betraying your personal legend. Like Walt Disney said, " I don't make movies to make money, I make money to make movies".
6. Treasure everything: Love the things you are gifted, friends, spouse, companion and families but most importantly, treasure God's gift, your talent. Nurture it, make it of good use to the universe, and it shall repay you forever!
7. Dive into the unknown:When you want something, so desperately, the whole universe (forces of nature) will conspire to favor you. It has worked for the outliers (Malcom Gladwell), and it can work for you too. Put your energy and mind frequency into the air, seek out to GOD and you shall be favored.
8.Do NOT be a part time dreamer: Know what you want, do what you want to be what you want !
Thanks for reading through.....
Ladi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Alchemist - My Notes.... by encryptjay(m): 3:09am On May 12, 2017
Great book!
The mind is powerful and we ought to utilize it properly.
Your seventh point, the great people we see today utilised this ability effectively; with determination and right mindset, you've got the keys to unlocking your potentials and using it effectively.
Man, know thyself.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts bro.

1 Like

Re: The Alchemist - My Notes.... by Plus10(m): 3:25pm On May 12, 2017
Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program For African Students 2017. / How To Write An Abstract For Your Research Work / Sales Rep Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.