Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (3137 Views)

Yoruba With Diverse Culture / How Diverse Are We In Nigeria? Rep Your Tribe And/dialect! / How Do You Feel About Horn Africans (somalis/ethiopians/eritreans)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 11, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 11, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 11, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 10:41pm On May 11, 2017
I do like Ethiopians , But Ethiopia is where I have the problem
Re: . by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 11, 2017
Radiohead6:
I do like Ethiopians , But Ethiopia is where I have the problem
Why?
Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 10:50pm On May 11, 2017
Hati13:

Why?
Stereotype
Re: . by Nobody: 12:47am On May 12, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 9:34am On May 12, 2017
Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Hati13:
Beauty in diversity.
A friend of Mine told me Sheba is Real and Hails Selassie is worshipped in Jamaica because at that time there was a draught and when he came rain fell......

Re: . by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 12, 2017
Radiohead6:
A friend of Mine told me Sheba is Real and Hails Selassie is worshipped in Jamaica because at that time there was a draught and when he came rain fell......
- Rastafarian
There was a prophecy written be Marcus Garvey which stated that a black king will come to them and will lift them from the poverty life they were living at Caribbean and will relocate them to their beloved place(Africa). In 1930 Haile Sellasie became emperor and he started to fit what the prophecy stated and they started to believe that emperor Haile Sellasie was a messiah/incarnate God sent to them by God to return them to Africa. There religion is called Rastafarian, which is derived from Haile Sellasie birth name Ras Tefari(Ras is a nobility name and Tefari was his name). I think when he visited Jamaica in 1966, it rained. Surprisingly there was a drought in Jamaica at that time and there hasn't been a rain for few period of time. All things started to coincide and for them it was logical.

- Queen of Sheba
The story of Queen of Sheba is a legend. There are no concrete evidences which support she was real. The legend say that, she was the ruler of Sebean kingdom in southern Yemen that also include present day northern Ethiopia. The legend also says that, she went to Jerusalem to meet King Solomon and she became pregnant from him. Her child was born in Ethiopia and was named Menelik I. After he grown, he went to Jerusalem to meet his father. When he returned to Ethiopia, he stole the Ark of covenant and brought it to Ethiopia with him. Christians now believed that its found in the church of Axum. Her tribe is believed to be a mix of Sebean and Cushitic. I don't know where she was believed to be buried. Her name here in Ethiopia is called "Makeda".
In the 13th century, an Amhara prince named Yekuno Amlak with collaborating with other higher church personnel created the Solomonic Dynasty for political reasons. In reality the Dynasty was fake.

1 Like

Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 1:35pm On May 12, 2017
Hati13:

- Rastafarian
There was a prophecy written be Marcus Garvey which stated that a black king will come to them and will lift them from the poverty life they were living at Caribbean and will relocate them to their beloved place(Africa). In 1930 Haile Sellasie became emperor and he started to fit what the prophecy stated and they started to believe that emperor Haile Sellasie was a messiah/incarnate God sent to them by God to return them to Africa. There religion is called Rastafarian, which is derived from Haile Sellasie birth name Ras Tefari(Ras is a nobility name and Tefari was his name). I think when he visited Jamaica in 1966, it rained. Surprisingly there was a drought in Jamaica at that time and there hasn't been a rain for few period of time. All things started to coincide and for them it was logical.

- Queen of Sheba
The story of Queen of Sheba is a legend. There are no concrete evidences which support she was real. The legend say that, she was the ruler of Sebean kingdom in southern Yemen that also include present day northern Ethiopia. The legend also says that, she went to Jerusalem to meet King Solomon and she became pregnant from him. Her child was born in Ethiopia and was named Menelik I. After he grown, he went to Jerusalem to meet his father. When he returned to Ethiopia, he stole the Ark of covenant and brought it to Ethiopia with him. Christians now believed that its found in the church of Axum. Her tribe is believed to be a mix of Sebean and Cushitic. I don't know where she was believed to be buried. Her name here in Ethiopia is called "Makeda".
In the 13th century, an Amhara prince named Yekuno Amlak with collaborating with other higher church personnel created the Solomonic Dynasty for political reasons. In reality the Dynasty was fake.
You're an Atheist?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 12, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 12, 2017
Radiohead6:
You're an Atheist?
Yes! smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 12, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 12, 2017
Re: . by Olu317(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2017
Nice pictures

1 Like

Re: . by Olu317(m): 2:02pm On May 12, 2017
Beautiful pictures

1 Like

Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 2:48pm On May 12, 2017
Hati13:

Yes! smiley
Could Tell
Re: . by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2017
Olu317:
Nice pictures
Tnx!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 12, 2017
Olu317:
Beautiful pictures
Tnx!
Re: . by Nobody: 10:24am On May 14, 2017
Radiohead6:
Could Tell
Most scholars agreed with this point.
Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 9:46pm On May 14, 2017
Hati13:

Most scholars agreed with this point.
Most Scholars are Atheists
Re: . by Nobody: 5:25am On May 15, 2017
Radiohead6:
Most Scholars are Atheists
Yeah, but they are the ones who are logical.
Re: . by Radiohead6(f): 12:18pm On May 17, 2017
Hati13:

Yeah, but they are the ones who are logical.
So the Religious once arnt?
Re: . by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 17, 2017
Radiohead6:
So the Religious once arnt?
Most of them, yes!
Most of logical ideas on any religion were a stolen Scholars works.
Re: . by Kwarupshun(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2017
The Ethiopian trolls have returned in 2017.

What's next? "Why do west Africans wish they look like us?"

Admins should just ban you people completely. Disgusting trolls
Re: . by Nobody: 10:25am On May 18, 2017
Kwarupshun:
The Ethiopian trolls have returned in 2017.

What's next? "Why do west Africans wish they look like us?"

Admins should just ban you people completely. Disgusting trolls
lol, why are u angry? Is it because you can't tolerate seeing few Ethiopian topics out of many other countries topics on this forum?

Just give me one or two weeks for your happiness, I will leave for good!

2 Likes

Re: . by EmeeNaka: 6:27am On May 19, 2017
I believe that if you have listed the many ethnic stocks of Ethiopia together with their pics, cultural events and other explanation, this thread would have been in front page already.so maybe, you create another thread
Re: . by Nobody: 9:22am On May 19, 2017
EmeeNaka:
I believe that if you have listed the many ethnic stocks of Ethiopia together with their pics, cultural events and other explanation, this thread would have been in front page already.so maybe, you create another thread
Yes, you are right. But some of them are against it, especially since it will be about Ethiopia. Have you seen the comment of the person before you.

But anyway, I will try.
Re: . by Olu317(m): 6:08pm On May 20, 2017
Hati13:

lol, why are u angry? Is it because you can't tolerate seeing few Ethiopian topics out of many other countries topics on this forum?

Just give me one or two weeks for your happiness, I will leave for good!
Why would you want to leave? This is a site that accommodate everyone,irrespective of status. There are different kind of people you will meet via this site; Some exclusively good,Some conmen, some Sick gens and some psychopaths . Winners never quit and Quitters don't win............ Which part of human history do want to be remembered?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 20, 2017
Olu317:
Why would you want to leave? This is a site that accommodate everyone,irrespective of status. There are different kind of people you will meet via this site; Some exclusively good,Some conmen, some Sick gens and some psychopaths . Winners never quit and Quitters don't win............ Which part of human history do want to be remembered?
Nice to see you Olu317 again and thanks for your advice. I missed our conversation.

You are definitely right, but I must go. It's not because of the comment of that guy, but because of personal reason. I never thought I will stay this long when I registered a month ago. But anyway's thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Eze Nris Of Nri Town / Pre-1990s Yoruba Pictures / What Nigerian Language Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.