Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

"Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? (995 Views)

Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? / Drop Your Top Worship Songs Foreign Or Local / Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Pchikaodili(m): 11:12pm On May 11, 2017
Pls I need an explanation on "rain making" stuff to understand the mechanism behind this..whether it's spiritual or Jst local science,

My friend's brother wants to build house,and my guy is the supervisor (site man).they are still at block moulding stage.
Right now the labourers has mould a lot of block.... It has not been packed because they said the block need water to get wet b4 packing so that it will be stronger,no rain at my area since the work started.

To spray water on the block is stressful considering the distance BTW the location of the water and the block,

My guy then suggested, that he need to meet a rain maker.wen he was leaving I went along with him.As we reached there, I was expecting a babalowo kind of setting (Nollywood).but the rain maker is Jst young guy around 25 discussing with his siblings .I did not see any shrine.
My guy and the rain maker left, to negotiate the price, later he told me he gave the rain maker 1000 naira, i was Like the money is too poor, he said the rain maker is his childhood friend,and he told the rain maker that he don't need heavy rain jst light one to wet the block as we set to leave, the rain maker brought incense with fire and heavy breeze started blowing.

Note before: we went there around 7pm and rain is falling now 11pm (the agreed time to make the rain)
This is happening in Nsukka Enugu state.

Anyone with an idea should educate me..

Lala...pls wider view

Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 12, 2017
Hmm
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by sanesta: 9:50am On May 12, 2017
lol! I will take them serious if they can make it rain during dry season.
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2017
Pchikaodili:
Pls I need an explanation on "rain making" stuff to understand the mechanism behind this..whether it's spiritual or Jst local science,

My friend's brother wants to build house,and my guy is the supervisor (site man).they are still at block moulding stage.
Right now the labourers has mould a lot of block.... It has not been packed because they said the block need water to get wet b4 packing so that it will be stronger,no rain at my area since the work started.

To spray water on the block is stressful considering the distance BTW the location of the water and the block,

My guy then suggested, that he need to meet a rain maker.wen he was leaving I went along with him.As we reached there, I was expecting a babalowo kind of setting (Nollywood).but the rain maker is Jst young guy around 25 discussing with his siblings .I did not see any shrine.
My guy and the rain maker left, to negotiate the price, later he told me he gave the rain maker 1000 naira, i was Like the money is too poor, he said the rain maker is his childhood friend,and he told the rain maker that he don't need heavy rain jst light one to wet the block as we set to leave, the rain maker brought incense with fire and heavy breeze started blowing.

Note before: we went there around 7pm and rain is falling now 11pm (the agreed time to make the rain)
This is happening in Nsukka Enugu state.

Anyone with an idea should educate me..

Lala...pls wider view

No one can make rain,
That being said there is a dying art called Earth Science.
It entails meeting certain conditions for certain actions to happen. Nevertheless invoking rain or trying to tamper with weather is dangerous and should not be encouraged

1 Like

Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Firstcitizen: 11:21am On May 12, 2017
Don't be decieved. During the last British royal wedding in 2011, the was a prediction of heavy rainstorm by the UK meteorological office. See the link to this below
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380384/Royal-Wedding-2011-Rain-predicted-Prince-William-Kate-Middletons-big-day.html

Now the British being smart decided to invite rain makers from Edo state to assist and even housed them in the Royal palace. Note that Nigerian government functionaries were all snubbed. See link to this below.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/can-man-cause-rainfall-yes-we-do-it/

http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Edo-State-rainmakers-given-Royal-wedding-invitation

At the end of the day we all saw that it was one of the sunniest days in London. The problem with the black man is that you guys get easily deceived by the whiteman because they lack knowledge of how to manipulate the paranormal. Hence they tell you that it is impossible whereas they will secretly use it to their advantage.

Wise up

1 Like

Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Pchikaodili(m): 12:19pm On May 14, 2017
sanesta:
lol! I will take them serious if they can make it rain during dry season.
lol...but at least it has not been raining all these while.
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Pchikaodili(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

No one can make rain,
That being said there is a dying art called Earth Science.
It entails meeting certain conditions for certain actions to happen. Nevertheless invoking rain or trying to tamper with weather is dangerous and should not be encouraged

Hmmmm..Earth science?? the action and requirements shows that is a skill that can be learnt?? but in the entire community, they re the only people that make rain
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Pchikaodili(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2017
Firstcitizen:
Don't be decieved. During the last British royal wedding in 2011, the was a prediction of heavy rainstorm by the UK meteorological office. See the link to this below
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380384/Royal-Wedding-2011-Rain-predicted-Prince-William-Kate-Middletons-big-day.html

Now the British being smart decided to invite rain makers from Edo state to assist and even housed them in the Royal palace. Note that Nigerian government functionaries were all snubbed. See link to this below.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/can-man-cause-rainfall-yes-we-do-it/

http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Edo-State-rainmakers-given-Royal-wedding-invitation

At the end of the day we all saw that it was one of the sunniest days in London. The problem with the black man is that you guys get easily deceived by the whiteman because they lack knowledge of how to manipulate the paranormal. Hence they tell you that it is impossible whereas they will secretly use it to their advantage.

Wise up

sorry bro I didn't get u well,for the royal wedding, did British invite the Edo rain makers to make rain or prevent it?? cos u said it was the sunniest days in London.
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:33pm On May 14, 2017
Pchikaodili:

Hmmmm..Earth science?? the action and requirements shows that is a skill that can be learnt?? but in the entire community, they re the only people that make rain
They have met the conditions, they will also bear the consequences.

1 Like

Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by Firstcitizen: 10:03am On May 15, 2017
Pchikaodili:

sorry bro I didn't get u well,for the royal wedding, did British invite the Edo rain makers to make rain or prevent it?? cos u said it was the sunniest days in London.

Check the links I pasted.
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by macof(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2017
What you call spiritual is actually science

People just think "modern science " is the only form of science

Shrines are just like labs
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by sanesta: 10:53am On May 15, 2017
Pchikaodili:

lol...but at least it has not been raining all these while.
it has bro cheesy
Re: "Rain Making" Spiritual Or Local Science ?? by hopefulLandlord: 10:59am On May 15, 2017
Dubai and Abu Dhabi makes rain fall by flying an helicopter and sprinkling pure salt crystal, silver iodide, potassium iodide etc

(1) (Reply)

What Happened Between Enouch,angels,women And Their Children / Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? / Why Do Adulterers And Fornicators Avoid This Verse In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.