Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

ETISALAT Discourages Me From Hard Work And Wants Me Get Rich Quick! (PIC) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ETISALAT Discourages Me From Hard Work And Wants Me Get Rich Quick! (PIC) (610 Views)

Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done / Which Is Equivalent To Success, Hard Work, Smartwork, Luck? / Policeman, Oluwa Oscar Lam: "I Took This Job Knowing I May Never Get Rich" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ETISALAT Discourages Me From Hard Work And Wants Me Get Rich Quick! (PIC) by jaidor: 12:58pm On May 12, 2017
This is the (unsolicited) message that I literally woke up to this morning. A message from my mobile network provider; ETISALAT.
What a country we are!

Though NCC kept giving false impression to make us believe they are truly in control of ways to stop receiving this spam msgs. But I have personally tried their (NCC) procedure for opting out TWICE, yet the msgs won't stop.
Well this caught my attention and I decide to share my opinion and analyze it.

So imagine a young, promising, focused and determined lad who's thinking of unrelenting in the quest to pursue his/her dreams/aspirations and how to make the world a better place, waking up early in the morning to this sort of 'get rich quick' ideas from his network provider, which obviously have made so much fortune from the subscribers but still (rather disappointingly) intsatiable and wants to make more from the gullible Nigerians.

My contention with this particular sms is the rationale behind it and how detrimental it can be to the growth of a developing nations like ours. So the first sentence reads "STOP WASTING YOUR TIME" ohhh, even with an exclamation "!". This gives (me) the impression that, the decision of any young Nigerian to make the best of the situation around him/her, get schooled or learn a trade/profession, get equipped with expertise to excel and be an asset (rather than constitute nuisance) to the society which obviously takes many years to achieve is NOTHING BUT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!

As if that was it all, but the second sentence says "GET RICH NOW!" hmmm I can go on and on to say my opinion on this, but I'll leave that to the public to analyze in detail. Just a few pointer though, so what if I tried what they (Etisalat) suggested in the msg and it didn't eventually work? Yes, that's not much of a problem, but I have now had a clear idea that rather than pursing excellence and waiting for years to reap the fruit of my labor, I could do so many things to get rich quick! So I began (imaginary) to ruminate on that thought daily and weekly, n this naturally and simultaneously discourage me from my whatever I am legitimately into hitherto (schooling, trading, etc) and maybe when I try to ease up, I turn on the TV to see smth exciting, but all I see is young musicians of my age in a music video displaying a lavish, luxurious and very exciting lifestyle (of which 98% of them are fake, many of those artist incur huge debts months after shooting one video, but respect to the icons like tu face, p square, banky w etc), that's a kind of lifestyle I (in fact any sane youth) would obviously want to leave too, abi who no like better thing? *smile* , but then the thought of how to get there crept in my mind again and I remember the message my supposedly esteemed network provider sent me; I am not supposed to work hard, I need to get rich quick. So I finally began to devise ways to make quick money and some of the options are: Yahoo plus, robbery, drugs, kidnapping, rituals etc
But we all know how the story ends from here...

This may seem to just be an opinion, but it is actually more than that, collectively, this nation needs to start advocating for and rewarding hard work and excellence.

Well, I am way too 'exposed' to fall for gimmicks as such, and no matter what the country has to offer I choose remain resolute and indefatigable. But remember this SMS would be sent to millions of subscribers and from statistics a larger chunk of network users in Nigeria are youths. So the probability of what I have described here is VERY HIGH. In addition, remember we are still tagged as a developing/third world nation so what I often ask myself is can we ever become a developed nation with this acts like these around? How can we even blame anyone that says he/she has lost hope in the country called Nigeria?

Hmmm, I drop my pen here sha.

God bless Nigeria
God bless president Muhammad Buhari
God bless the honorable 'coordinator' Prof Yemi Osibanjo
God bless (with wisdom to choose right leaders) all Nigerians.

Yours.

mods pls let the world see this. it's burning in my heart.

Re: ETISALAT Discourages Me From Hard Work And Wants Me Get Rich Quick! (PIC) by sirusX(m): 1:47pm On May 12, 2017
You need money to make money and take care of a whole lot

So, they would seek to employ any means necessary to get the money from those willing to take the risk and possibly lose money

It cuts across all network, maybe not in the manner written...but a similar SMS invite to partake in something

(1) (Reply)

Banks are Milking us dry. / Account Assistant At Lumos Nigeria / Should I Accept This Promotion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.