Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory (786 Views)

Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 / How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student / How To Have Retentive Memory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Maniashow: 3:26pm On May 12, 2017
Hello, please I read almost 4 hours daily with full concentration and I remember only little or none at all. But I do understand what I read. But mere understanding is never enough.
Re: Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Officialkplus(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2017
Stop drinking coconut water grin
Re: Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Maniashow: 4:20pm On May 12, 2017
Officialkplus:
Stop drinking coconut water grin
Baba no dey wyn na
Re: Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Officialkplus(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2017
Maniashow:

Baba no dey wyn na

Aiit,the best way and most effective way,although I'm yet to try it..

Go to an Alfa..
Tell him to help you...

He is gonna tell you to do one of the below
*Ogun iso-ye
*IMO/oomo(pronounced ei-mo)
*they is another one I can't remember..

A course meat of my did IMO...the guy only Read's once and it stick to his brain 4ever

(Although continuous/heavy usages of IMO,may cause madness)

I think babalawo/alfas use Ogun_isooye to remember intancations...

3 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Krasid(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2017
Is it possible to understand and yet forget? Well, I don't think so. Anyway, get enough sleep(8 hrs daily), eat healthily, excercise.Find which reading pattern works best for you; Personally, I might not understand a concept if I read it for an entire day, but when I read a little today and continue the next, I begin to understand and once that concept is understood I never forget.

3 Likes

Re: Help! How Do I Develop A Retentive Memory by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 12, 2017
Forget about using charms or consulting witch doctors. Below are 4 easiest ways to memorize anything:
1. Take a cup of coffee before or when reading. NesCaf is a good choice.
2. Teach someone else what you've studied.
3. Repeat the concepts to yourself as many times as possible.
4. Try to apply that concept to real life situations.
Reading for 4hours non-stop is bad practice! Try to take short breaks and always create some personal time to meditate daily. It works all the time!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Live & Study On The Island Of Mauritius / My Trip To Lagos / SPDC JV Scholarship University Scholarship 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.