Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k (31885 Views)

Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) / Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by deepwater(f): 7:25am On May 13, 2017
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by seunlayi(m): 7:26am On May 13, 2017
aflame100:
Well said my brother, God bless you. There is corruption tendency in the heart of all men.
especially here where our leaders are the role models
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by abbeyty(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2017
I wish the same can be done to our politicians who have been cheating us of our commonwealth
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by manmidtexy(m): 7:38am On May 13, 2017
@ op, do not conclude he is a fraud,

did he get the stuff on a freelance market where anyone can spit out any price or he got it at a supermarket like shoprite where price is labelled and invoiced.

What of , if the seller was the one that sold to him at the inflated price,

why didn't the boss confirm the actual price from inception before entrusting the money to him ?

AdoraAmadi:
A Twitter user @femiTRIPP, narrated how a greedy Nigerian man reportedly lost a 120K job because of 2K. According to him the sacked man was sent on an errand, but he inflated it by 2k. However he got busted by his boss who returned the 'stuff', and found out that he inflated it.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/nigerian-man-loses-job-of-n120k-pay.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by nkemdi89(f): 7:40am On May 13, 2017
Sometimes you have to inflate the prices due to constant change in price even after market survey is carried because it will be unwise to come back to inform your boss that the actual price you initially told him has changed.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Royaljustice: 7:51am On May 13, 2017
Lol in swahili. May the boss also meet a sack and jailed if he ever do same. The Golden Rule . Bros sorry eya I wish you get godfather him for no fit. May God forgive you
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by meetrubia: 7:54am On May 13, 2017
Who is to blame is it devil or the man that inflate the price
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Iamzik: 7:55am On May 13, 2017
nkemdi89:
Sometimes you have to inflate the prices due to constant change in price even after market survey is carried because it will be unwise to come back to inform your boss that the actual price you initially told him has changed.

Granted but if the price is lower shouldn't you return or declare the excess. If he then ask you to keep the balance so be it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by 1Rebel: 7:55am On May 13, 2017
Franzinni:
Is errand part of his job description of not...

He deserves the two k for his troubles...

Like the mumu.. Boss doesn't inflate the price of what ever service he or she provides

James Hadley chase?
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by adanny01(m): 7:59am On May 13, 2017
My former colleague got himself in trouble one time that i saved his job.

He is always sent to pay for internet service with spectranet. We usually pay for 70GB which is over 20k but he realised after some of our expertriates travelled for a long time, the data is not exhausted and expires.

So he decide to pay 14k for 40GB or so. The issue was that he paid the 14k for 40GB but was not activated because the former wasnt expired. Unfortunately for him, he took a 1 day leave of absence from office on the fateful day the old subscription ended. He had switch of his mobile and my boss got furious cause no one could do anything because of lack of internet. So he asked me to call spectranet and find out. I was told our old subscription has expired, however we have 14k in the account. The agent asked me if he should activate 40GB for us i said no thinking there is a problem that the amount should be above 20k. Also, the invoice he brought read the correct amount. I told my boss the problem thinking they made an error. My boss directed me to drive to the agents office and clarify all issues. After driving out, i thought that something is wrong somewhere. Asked the driver to stop, called my other colleague back in the office to go out and tell me if she knew anything, she didnt know anything from the transaction. I took 30mins without moving trying to call this guy until at last i got him. He immediately began begging that i should not expose him.

We later warned him never to do that on his own again. He got too greedy, if he had shared the idea and shared the money, he would not be begging for his ass like he is doing. I told him go and sin no more. I went to a restaurant to eat early launch while he called his accomplice in the spectranet office to activate the small data before returning, told boss everything is fine now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Yourvillagepipo(m): 8:01am On May 13, 2017
driand:
Someone who's earning 120k was sent to buy something like what? Where were the people who earn less, e.g 30k,40k? And the oga that pays a staff 120k had to return the stuff himself? And even cared about 2k?

Story doesn't add up bro

We know you lying, but continue. ...

Read what u wrote again very well and tell me if it makes sense to u....

Someone earning as much as 120k that can steal 2k..
What do u think he or she wld do for a larger sum?
It's about honesty, that's why banks have something called integrity test
But what do you know?
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by freethesheeple(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
That's the average Nigerian for you.. and the same people are always quick to condemn our politicians but they fail to realise that corruption is engrained in the DNA of the average Nigerian.
It actually begins from home.
Some Students inflate the prices of textbooks and fees to their parents...
Some Wives inflate the cost of weekly or monthly feeding expenses to their husbands...
Some ordinary gatemen collect bribes just to let you in...
Some nannies collect bribes from parents to give special attention to their kids...
Some parents bribe admission officers for their children's admission...
Some ushers steal Sunday collections...
Most sales boys and girls steal from their work places on daily basis...
Most civil servants come to work by 10 am and sign in as 7.45am...
The list is Endless.
In Nigeria,everybody is looking for the shortest and quickest way to get extra one naira,no matter how rich or holy they may claim to be.
Until we try to tackle this menace from the bottom,we are only wasting out time fighting it from the top.

ah tell u...we are the most Religious nation on earth yet but the most ungodly
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Nobody: 8:14am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
That's the average Nigerian for you.. and the same people are always quick to condemn our politicians but they fail to realise that corruption is engrained in the DNA of the average Nigerian.
Some Wives inflate the cost of weekly or monthly feeding expenses to their husbands...
Some nannies collect bribes from parents to give special attention to their kids...
The list is Endless.
In Nigeria,everybody is looking for the shortest and quickest way to get extra one naira,no matter how rich or holy they may claim to be.
Until we try to tackle this menace from the bottom,we are only wasting out time fighting it from the top.
lol they call dat being sharp
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by collinsbaba(m): 8:16am On May 13, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]

Oga na the one to return it wink cheesy
Who fit do wen dia is possibility say Oga fit return it
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by sorepco(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2017
My guys some peeps r wicked. If u r not careful they will destroy your company.
Came across a company where the purchasing manager was billing them 100.000 naira for an item. There was a time he was not around and the manager rushed out to same company ( since he had a previous invoice). Guess what..he bought same item for 8.000 naira?? Trust europeans. He stayed quiet and with probing discovrred the guy has built 2 x3 storey buildings. The company then sacked all its purchasing and logistics staff. They had to bring gys from europe. And despite the increase overheard cost.it was cheaper than employing thiefing natives!!

driand:
Someone who's earning 120k was sent to buy something like what? Where were the people who earn less, e.g 30k,40k? And the oga that pays a staff 120k had to return the stuff himself? And even cared about 2k?

Story doesn't add up bro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by mistywole: 8:28am On May 13, 2017
:Dfor some people not to gain from the egg you send them, they will lick the shell with their tongue. ;Dfor some people not to gain from the egg you send them, they will lick the shell with their tongue.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by thesicilian: 8:32am On May 13, 2017
nkemdi89:
There's nothing wrong with that. But when you've bought the product for whatsoever price, any balance should be returned to the owner.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by yankidelta(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2017
chronique:
Lol. A lot of people do that often... I have sent people to buy fuel for me on several occasions and they bought less than the amount I gave them. I usually find out by the duration of time the gen stays on. Unfortunately for them, they do not usually know that I know. But then, I tend to overlook it cos i understand that people are really hungry. The only thing that would piss me off is if you steal from me and I find out. I wouldn't have the guts to allow you stay around me for any reason again.

Is what you described not stealing? Abi corruption is not stealing? Lemme call ex-presido to ask pls.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by hedonistic: 8:45am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
The list is Endless.

This is an excellent synopsis of the Nigerian condition.

That's why I get particularly upset when I see hypocritical noise makers who are quick to condemn politicians and yahoo boys, forgetting that they probably comot more scams in their daily endeavours than the politicians or yahoo boys I'm question.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by CellTabRepairs: 8:47am On May 13, 2017
Integrity is gold. If you don't have it you become cheap. Imagine how many things people loose that they didn't even know why they lost it or if they already lost what they are praying fervently for just because behind their backs, a decision had been reached already against them. Openly or secretly ensure you maintain a clean record.
Need a job? Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working? Student? Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Want to change business? In 3 Months you won't remain the same. Look no further! LEARN this specialty Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Join the winners! Get " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc

Click signature, view and get it immediately
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Adeyeancah(m): 8:49am On May 13, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Smh what is 2k?
Lo ji lo ja(Market) smiley
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Padiga: 8:56am On May 13, 2017
abbeyty:
I wish the same can be done to our politicians who have been cheating us of our commonwealth
Everybody is busy shouting politician, politician.

Whats the difference between this one and budget padding?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by jaybee(f): 8:59am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
The list is Endless.

I agree with you completely. It is these same people at the bottom that eventually get to the top and continue with the inordinate, open, and brazen corruption, but, this time, at the commensurate level. The situation in Nigeria is actually gloomy and scary.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by athorello(m): 9:07am On May 13, 2017
So sometime during this week, I overhead some technicians discussing and making quotations for some jobs in their company. One was like "This job will cost this much, we may not work on this part, this job will not come up,..." and another goes "increase the amount here, even the Engineers will not take you seriously because the amount quoted is too low, write so so amount, this job will not come up but add it, I'll be guiding you on how we do it because you are not used to it".
The new guy was stating the right amount for each piece of product and job but was willing to bend to the directives of the senior or experienced colleagues. They were also quick to let him know that the supervising engineers won't take him serious with the supposedly low quotations.
Bottom line, corruption is endemic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Collins10(m): 9:07am On May 13, 2017
driand:

Story doesn't add up bro

It does add up. If you work for me and I detect the slightest note of dishonesty, I am going to fire you, straight up! Even if 5 naira only was involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Collins10(m): 9:10am On May 13, 2017
DLondonboiy:
Smh what is 2k?
Really What is 2k? Are you actually justifying the man who was sacked? Wow!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Nobody: 9:16am On May 13, 2017
driand:

Story doesn't add up bro

Yes, it might be something personal and he probably trusted the guy more than others.
it's not something that happens everyday but he was the most unlucky fellow that day.
Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Nobody: 9:17am On May 13, 2017
meetrubia:
Who is to blame is it devil or the man that inflate the price

Lel, typical black man, already looking for who to blame. Lmfao

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by kingdenny(m): 9:19am On May 13, 2017
He who is unfaithful in little things can never be faithful in bigger things.. look at the bigger picture

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by heo88(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
The list is Endless.

God bless you mightily for this post. You've taken the words out of my mouth. Many a Nigerian (including beloved family members) will 'earn' your trust, wait for their moment to steal from you and say "mugu-maga, mumu etc." acting proud and feeling cool with themselves as if stealing is a badge of honour. Yet when they themselves are scammed they tend to say "Thunder fire you, it will not be well with you" etc. This one pass pot calling the kettle black.

Dey sabi o.

Stealing is unofficially codified in society and those Nigerians who stand against such actions are considered 'Chinese-copy' Nigerians for not participating in the country's number one national sport.

The irony is that a very large chunk of the money that said Nigerians steal, ends up leaving the country. This is because regardless of ethnic group, many Nigerians consider having a western-style lifestyle as the ultimate barometer of success. By extension, this has fuelled a high demand for imports of western products; something which has remained constant even in recessions, and even at the expense of Nigerian agricultural and other jobs that are threatened by this demand for imports. Consider all the money that heads of government agencies, senators, government officials etc. move heaven and earth to steal, even willing to kill in the process, all to send these funds abroad and enrich oyinbo. It's like a technologically-advanced slavery/colonial mindset. Whatever one calls it, such people lament poor governance, the state of the country etc. but by their very continued actions they're betting against the chances of the country genuinely improving.

Everyone knows that stealing/corruption etc. is not right even if they rationalise it or sanctify it to insulate themselves from feelings of guilt (especially the 'women/men of God' and pious Muslims alike), however this practice is more dangerous than it may seem. When you ally this with how the youth are being misguided by the elders i.e. pot-bellied politcians telling babes their best bet for a career is runs, certain parents telling everyone to study for worthless degrees etc., we're in for very difficult times ahead, but for major changes and more effective policy implementation to counteract this.

I don't say any of the above to be judgemental, it's more to lay bare the significance of such decadence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Nobody: 9:21am On May 13, 2017
eezeribe:
The list is Endless.
my brother, I greet u like we weeettttiiiinnnn!!!! U are the only sensible person in the whole of Nairaland..
I have written countless similar articles buttressing the mind of an average Nigerian. Corruption, theft , greed, indifference to the plight of others. Everyone sees the next man as a meal ticket irrespective of whether its at the "meal tickets" expense and that's the worse form of cannibalism and moral decadence that can greet a state... We are at an all time low in this state, a dismal low and I dare to add an abysmal one...

God bless u all bro... We should tell ourselves the truth , own it and accept it, that's the only way to advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k by Fourwinds: 9:24am On May 13, 2017
Sexytemi:
Hmmm, I guess lady luck was not on his side.

Above everything it pays to be honest o.
hmmmm..."lady luck"
if he has puna now., he will still retain his job....dat is d lady's luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adamawa CP Honours Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer / Lady Lists Her Achievements After Leaving Medical School At 28 Years / I Am Approaching 40 And Am Scared My Dreams Are Not Realistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.