Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

My Horrible Experience At Ecobank - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Horrible Experience At Ecobank (2132 Views)

Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Ecobank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Ecobank Pay Their Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by abbello: 9:19am On May 13, 2017
I encountered the most horrible customer service experience at ecobank yesterday. precisely their m/m way branch in kano state. i went to the bank to do some withdrawals the queue was out of this world but being that i really needed cash for the weekend i had no option than to wait. My first thought was to apply for an instant ATM card so i could just avoid the long queue and use any available ATM but i was told they don't issue instant card at the branch.After waiting for hours the tellers stopped attending to customers as they claimed no network. the woman whom i presume to be the manager was seated on her chair busy chatting on her tablet without a care on what the customers were going through.it was only after some customers started raising their voices and creating a scene that she stood up and asked the tellers why they werent paying and when they told her no network she went back to her seat and continued whatever she was doing on her tablet.i had to walk up to her to see if there was a way i could be assisted since i was already running late but the manner in which she responded to me was very rude.it got to apoint so many customers had to angrily tear their withdrawal slips and walk out of the branch myself included. Ecobank has never been known as a customer friendly bank but this is the worst i have experienced and the thing is other customers in the bank that very day has no single good opinion of that woman and the branch in general.
Ecobank will soon be a dead bank if they continue like this as for me first thing on monday morning iam moving my little funds with them to another bank.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by pressplay411(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2017
That you even went to Ecobank is already a terrible experience.
They don't have the staff capacity for their clients. They merged 2 big banks, inherited massive numbers of clients, then laid off huge staff. That's why you'll notice a lot of empty cubicles in their branches.
Unfortunately can't really blame the staff for their customer service cos honestly attending to such crows daily would rub the smile off any one's face. But it's why they get paid so they need to deal. Either the management employs more hands or invest in better customer service, preferably both.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by UGLEEBOI: 9:26am On May 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by abbello: 9:26am On May 13, 2017
mod please move to the front page to enable the management take note of this and correct their ways
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by Olive4(f): 2:24pm On May 13, 2017
Eco bank frustrating people since 1960
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by kennethbetha: 3:28pm On May 13, 2017
Maybe you should send a mail to their contact centre let them know of your experience I believe the staff in question would be called to order I know banks dont take kindly to such behaviours that brings about negative publicity to them
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by jeyselassie(m): 8:13pm On May 14, 2017
I have known ecobank and UBA to be the most useless banks on earth since 2009. my experience that broke the camels back for ecobank was in 2010 thereabout when I went to a branch to carry out transactions and before closing I was inside banking hall. one of the staff told the cashier not to attend to me because they had closed in yoruba not knowing Im yoruba. and the silly staff to reiterated it to me. I told her that they should have told the security not to let me in. when I went to meet the manager it was to no avail as well. Uba's case was when I asked to lend pen thew silly security said I had to collect it with my right hand or he wont give me saying he is not my age mate when im actually left handed. I have written a letter to close my account twice since 2010 in my domiciled ecobank branch and do you believe the dummies are still sending me- statement of account. they dont know what they are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 14, 2017
ECOBANK?
If those ones deal with you, the bad customer service would continue to echo in your life.

Ecobank is a classic example of buying market wey big pass you. It's not by merger & acquisition. I heard they do tell customers how much you will fill in your withdrawal slip. Your own money o...

Their staff must be overwhelmed. You see that "ability to work under pressure" _they'll prove it and tire. grin

Pan African Bank indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 14, 2017
PaperLace:
ECOBANK?
If those ones deal with you, the bad customer service would continue to echo in your life.

Ecobank is a classic example of buying market wey big pass you. It's not by merger & acquisition. I heard they do tell customers how much you will fill in your withdrawal slip. Your own money o...

Their staff must be overwhelmed. You see that "ability to work under pressure" _they'll prove it and tire. grin

Pan African Bank indeed.

Sharrap! Ecobank is my bank and you have no right to denigrate them in public like that. angry
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by PDPGuy: 12:07am On May 15, 2017
PaperLace:
ECOBANK?

Pan African Bank indeed.

The bank must be in distress if the teller has to tell customers the exact amount to withdraw.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by Nobody: 2:54am On May 15, 2017
PDPGuy:

The bank must be in distress if the teller has to tell customers the exact amount to withdraw.
I actually heard they're on life support.

LastMumu:

Sharrap! Ecobank is my bank and you have no right to denigrate them in public like that. angry
No wonder, I'm not surprised.
Wouldn't you rather bank with us? wink
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by cupidhero(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2017
The don't even have deposit slip...i had to write with ordinary paper specifying amount and account i was paying to. Their mumu too much.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Ecobank by OMODADDDY: 1:56pm On May 15, 2017
abbello:
I encountered the most horrible customer service experience at ecobank yesterday. precisely their m/m way branch in kano state. i went to the bank to do some withdrawals the queue was out of this world but being that i really needed cash for the weekend i had no option than to wait. My first thought was to apply for an instant ATM card so i could just avoid the long queue and use any available ATM but i was told they don't issue instant card at the branch.After waiting for hours the tellers stopped attending to customers as they claimed no network. the woman whom i presume to be the manager was seated on her chair busy chatting on her tablet without a care on what the customers were going through.it was only after some customers started raising their voices and creating a scene that she stood up and asked the tellers why they werent paying and when they told her no network she went back to her seat and continued whatever she was doing on her tablet.i had to walk up to her to see if there was a way i could be assisted since i was already running late but the manner in which she responded to me was very rude.it got to apoint so many customers had to angrily tear their withdrawal slips and walk out of the branch myself included. Ecobank has never been known as a customer friendly bank but this is the worst i have experienced and the thing is other customers in the bank that very day has no single good opinion of that woman and the branch in general.
Ecobank will soon be a dead ban k if they continue like this as for me first thing on monday morning iam moving my little funds with them to another bank.
Na wa o. The last time i had an issue, I send a mail to ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com and it was resolved sharpely. They also have a whatsApp number 08087603717 or you call 07005000000.

(1) (Reply)

347 Million Annual Salary.: Nigeria Highest Paid Ceo / k / Which Is Better Between Acca And Anan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.