Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Happy Nurses Week!!!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Happy Nurses Week!!!!! (518 Views)

COVID-19: Management Reacts To Protest By ESUT Nurses Over ‘lack Of PPE’ / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses / Why Have Nurses In Most Hospitals Lost Their Conscience And Without Sympathy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Nurses Week!!!!! by nkemoke: 10:03am On May 13, 2017
To my GREAT NURSES, on whose shoulders the world leans, whether they acknowledge it or not, the world cannot exist without nurses. No matter how hard anyone tries to put down a nurse, the work they do brings them out. tongue

Please let us celebrate ourselves. Positive vibes only.It's our time to be celebrated and we'll sure do it. Let the accolades flow in. Feel free to appreciate nurses who have impacted on you positively. grin

For me, appreciate anyone who gave out their life, time and energy to study to obtain a minimum of a registered nurse, a Bachelor in Nursing degree, a Masters in Nursing, a PHD in nursing, our nursing professors and associate professors.

Thank you for your immense contribution to the professional development of nursing in Nigeria so far. We are positive that the best is yet to come for nursing. Our Value and worth is inestimable. Apart from what any human government can appreciate us with, NURSES HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE RESERVED FOR THEM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Oya let the positive vibes keep flowing ....... God bless NURSES....... NURSES bless the world...... kiss
Re: Happy Nurses Week!!!!! by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 13, 2017
nkemoke:
Please let us celebrate ourselves. Positive vibes only.It's our time to be celebrated and we'll sure do it. Let the accolades flow in. Feel free to appreciate nurses who have impacted on you positively. grin

Oya let the positive vibes keep flowing ....... God bless NURSES....... NURSES bless the world...... kiss

To that special nurse who years ago gave me what has to be the most painless injection ever.

Back then, the thing I dreaded most about getting sick was the PAINFUL injection in the rear.

This angelic nurse must have seen I wasn't so keen on this injection.

She kept saying "Don't worry...you'll be OK..just bend down a bit...it'll soon be over...".

Then she said "OK, you can rub it now"

WHAT?

I did not feel a thing!

This was DECADES ago and I still wonder how she administered that injection!

GOD bless you, Nurse, wherever you are!
Re: Happy Nurses Week!!!!! by nkemoke: 8:44pm On May 14, 2017
I walk through those doors with pride,

Whose life will I save tonight?

Someone is waiting for me,

Someone is alive today because of my duty.

Sometimes we cry cause we can't save
them all,

God sometimes won't let us interfere when he calls.

A baby's first breath when he looks at
me,

The joy of my first delivery.

The tear I wipe away with my own
hands,

The life ending of a gentle old man.

The night seems so dark and the
morning so bright,

Being a nurse you see life in a different
light.

Who will I save tonight?

Who will hold my hand during their last breath with no fright?

Who will enter this world on my shift?

How many mothers will greet their babies with a kiss?

I don't know who these special people are;

But I will meet them with every call

I will hold them tight and help the pain

I will hold them up when they feel faint.

I will be strong when I am needed

That is my job, I am a Nurse..

That is my duty ! 
Happy Nurses Week dear colleague!
Re: Happy Nurses Week!!!!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 14, 2017
I wish you guys the best going forward.
As you celebrate I do hope you reflect and realise that the doctors arent your workplace enemies. We're supposed to be 5 & 6 , but it beats me why you folks take a step or two downward to team up with non-clinical allied health workers, a parasitic relationship in which they use your already established reputation to seek relevance.

(1) (Reply)

Nurses Protest Against Rivers Govt Over Unpaid 18 Months Salary / Shocking!stuff We Do Regularly That Destroy Our Brain Tissues. / Gynecomastia Surgery - What Causes Enlarged Male Breasts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.