Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. (1383 Views)

Nairalanders' Ordeal With FRSC In Abuja Zonal Office / See Photos Of Overloaded Vehicles Impounded By FRSC In Cross River / Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 7:40am On May 14, 2017
Hello House. Kindly assist with this issue if you. I don't know if anyone has used the online portal of FRSC to do their license renewal. I assisted a man with the process online and he went to the bank to make the necessary payments with the required printouts. This was in October 2016. After going to their office, they asked him to come back on the 30/01/2017. He went back on that same date and was asked to come back on a different date 31/04/2017 creatively.which was effected on his Application slip. He went back again on the said date and the morons asked him to fold the part of the slip that contained the appointment date, then photocopy the slip. When he did this, they now stamp the photocopy slip and gave him a new appointment date for collection; 30/09/2017. This is wickedness in high places.

My thought is that because the man sideline the office and did this processing online which made him pay the required/statutory fee as against going to the office to do the renewal which will cost more than the statutory fee due to the greed and corrupt-evil-minded officials at the center is making them frustrate his Driver's license collection. He was complaining bitterly about this to me and I had to help again by tweeting at the official twitter account of the agency. The idiot behind the handle never replied after a week. So I had to come here to see if NL can help so we get this guys to do the right thing. I don't know if this is the norm when it comes to Driver's License renewal but if it is, then it is bad as hell.

Admin help me shame some bad people frustrating the good nigeria project in FRSC Lagos.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by Nutase: 8:00am On May 14, 2017
It's a nationwide problem not only in Lagos. The secret is too drop 'fuel money' if you did it online otherwise you will be on the waiting list forever.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by nifemi25(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2017
To be sincere with you. Its because the driver license is not done through one of the FRSC staffs.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by epistleNow(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2017
Twit at Dr Abah, the likelihood of resolution is assured.

1 Like

Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by nurey(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2017
It takes about 8months to get the original print out of the drivers license. So just continue doing the photocopy and let them stamp it. The only downside I see to this is when you need a form of identification the license won't come into play so try get voters card or the National identity card to replace the drivers license.

I have renewed my since January when it expired in April then extended it to July again, so I am earnestly waiting for their slow snail non chalant ways of doing things in the public service.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 12:48pm On May 14, 2017
epistleNow:

Okay. Thanks
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 7:08pm On May 14, 2017
epistleNow:

Thanks guy. I twitted at him and he directed me to the processing farm department handle to help me out with the issue. They contacted me and are treating the issue. @pfarm_

1 Like

Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by epistleNow(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2017
charliebiz:

Thanks guy. I twitted at him and he directed me to the processing farm department handle to help me out with the issue. They contacted me and are treating the issue. @pfarm_

Always with quick response.
With people like Dr Abah in government there's hope for Nigeria.

Keep him updated till the end.

1 Like

Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by Abudu2000(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2017
charliebiz:

na so, if you haven't taken the issue online no one would have listened to you...
All these curupt Officials ehh?
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
My friend has finally gotten his driver's licence with help of Dr. Abah and @pfarm_ twitter handles. Thank you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
Is there a way for you to check online if your Driver Licence is ready?Did my own renewal online in Warri even paid with mastercard and the Road Safety guys here said I ndont need any of there input.Even to append there signature they said there is no need.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2017
nija80:
Is there a way for you to check online if your Driver Licence is ready?Did my own renewal online in Warri even paid with mastercard and the Road Safety guys here said I ndont need any of there input.Even to append there signature they said there is no need.

You can tweet at @pfarm_ and they will get back to you. nice people there.
Re: Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. by Damolux01(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
I'm about a get a fresh one...How much I'm supposed to pay? What are the processes involved pls?

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Golf 3 And Golf 4 2000 Model Manual Transmission Foreign Used / My Toyota Camry Needs Help / Don't Drink And Drive. See What Alcohol Has Done To These Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.