Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? (828 Views)

Does Living Among The Rich Affect One's Social Mobility, Finances Etc? / Should Family Background Influence Your Choice Of Spouse? / Happy Brother And Sisters Day: What Does Family Means To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by edoman2016: 12:41pm On May 14, 2017
Do you think family background really matter for one's success in life? From my experience, I believe our social class still determine success in life.

Education is a great leveller between the rich and the poor but children from poorest and disadvantaged background end up in the worst school and achieve the worst result.

Hence they have little chance of actualizing their dreams compared to children from wealthy families, who tend to have the right connection, quality education and exposure to achieve their dreams.

So what do you think?
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by talk2alabama: 12:47pm On May 14, 2017
Well I think people born with a silver spoon shouldn't be lazy still.
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by Papiikush: 12:51pm On May 14, 2017
Most of the successful in the world people are from rough/poor background...Coming from a poor family is not an excuse not to work very hard towards achieving/actualizing
your dreams
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by MhissBelva(f): 12:54pm On May 14, 2017
Anyone that wants to succeed will succeed regardless of his/her family background.
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by edoman2016: 2:31pm On May 14, 2017
MhissBelva:
Anyone that wants to succeed will succeed regardless of his/her family background.
I do not dispute that anyone that is focused and determined to succeed, will not surely succeed. Because for every rule, there is always an exception. But generally speaking, the privilege of a child born to family that are better off, better educated and better situated with a child of poorest family background. The latter will have many challenges to battle with compared with former.
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by bukatyne(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2017
Yes.

Do people break forth?

A lot.

However, the child of a pepper seller has to do much more to attain what the child of a bank CEO would attain with less effort.
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by Acidosis(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
YES.
Re: Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success? by Prognose: 5:00pm On May 14, 2017
edoman2016:
Do you think family background really matter for one's success in life? From my experience, I believe our social class still determine success in life.

Education is a great leveller between the rich and the poor but children from poorest and disadvantaged background end up in the worst school and achieve the worst result.

Hence they have little chance of actualizing their dreams compared to children from wealthy families, who tend to have the right connection, quality education and exposure to achieve their dreams.

So what do you think?

A lot of things affect one's success in life.

Family background
Finance
Genes
Health
Environment

A very important factor though is the individual person's will to succeed. A driven and obsessed individual will overcome all these odds to come out on top while a laid back individual can become poor even if he came from a rich, well educated background.

Strive to succeed and you will become a success.

(1) (Reply)

This Lady's Flexibility Is Just So Incredible (photos) / My Parent Are Not Poor Nor Rich, But Damn I Wish They Were Rich. / Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.