Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? (571 Views)

2019/20 Football League Prediction And Where Your Team Will Likely End By Adikam / Army Team Loses Football Match In Kaduna As Violence Breaks Out. Photos / Tips To Feel Better When Your Favourite Team Loses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by helinues: 1:16pm On May 14, 2017
Frustration, anger, disappointment, embarrassment; these are all feelings that stir up in any good sports fan as he watches his team lose a big game.

It’s not easy to accept defeat, nor to endure the embarrassment and shame that come along with it. Everyone hates to see their team lose, but the world has a particular view on sports that eats into the very heart of a person.

Men become obsessed with sports, and consequently with their teams. There is a degree of “loyalty” to which some fans go that is far beyond any right enjoyment in sports and any right delight in their teams. Why do fans shoot referees, why do men curse and swear and hold grudges when their teams lose? Why do some fans react in full on heartbroken tears and sobbing over loss? I honestly don’t know the answer.

Source: https://web.facebook.com/forum9ja/photos/a.402605389801267.90510.402595333135606/1493707487357713/?type=3&theater

Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 14, 2017
I damage stuff
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by SuperSuave(m): 1:30pm On May 14, 2017
There are only a few category of people allowed to let their emotions and feelings get the better of them in such situations:
(1) The one who placed a bet and lost due to the result
(2)The one who plays for the club or has someone that plays for the club.
(3)The FOOLISH ones

If the win wouldn't have impacted your life in anyway and you're cursing, fighting, going on hunger strike, destroying things because your team lost then you belong to the 3rd category.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Fozi(m): 1:30pm On May 14, 2017
Simple I say the other club took drugs to play the match
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Afriifa(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2017
I react like GEJ
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Homers123(m): 2:34pm On May 14, 2017
It depends on how they lost. Like that night of Overebo's broad 'daylight' robbery, I was dead within me,can't get that night out of my head.
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Agimor(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2017
SuperSuave:
There are only a few category of people allowed to let their emotions and feelings get the better of them in such situations:
(3)The FOOLISH ones

If the win wouldn't have impacted your life in anyway and you're cursing, fighting, going on hunger strike, destroying things because your team lost then you belong to the 3rd category.
Spot on.........
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by gabazin080(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2017
SuperSuave:
(3)The FOOLISH ones

u are never a football fan.

thats why u dont understand what it feels like for a team u support to lose
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by Nickizoe(f): 7:36pm On May 14, 2017
I always blame the referee
And i vex n grin

I drink to sleep.off
Re: How Do You Respond When Your Team Loses? by SuperSuave(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2017
gabazin080:
u are never a football fan.

thats why u dont understand what it feels like for a team u support to lose

I have passion for only 2 things in life: Music and Football. I can never forget the day I puched a wood that has nails and bled in celebration of Van Persie's equalizer against Chelsea at Old Trafford. Whenever my club/country wins, I celebrate with them, whenever they lose I'm quick to remember it's just a game in other not to let temper or anger deprive me of certain joys(provided I didn't place a bet on the match) wink

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Watford Under 2.5 What's Your Prediction? / Real Madrid Boss Zidane Undecided On Bale-isco Dilemma / Best Match Prediction [win Or Draw] 2nd June | Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.