Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset (505 Views)

Two Tips And Tricks To Overcome Limiting Beliefs / Limiting What Your Children Watch On TV - See Why It Is Dangerous / Open Heavens Daily Devotional Messages September 7, 2017 – A Motivated Mindset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by savagefinder: 12:40am On May 15, 2017
I came across a thread on naira land were a lady was making shoes for a living and she was selling them, it was a joy to behold and fast forward 4 months later, I saw her post again, this time, she had started selling her goods to customers in Germany and USA, but there was a huge problem, she was still using the fake designer brand of 4 months ago. Immediately it became a turn off, I watched with great disgust as many people jumped to her defence, when I brought up the matter. And I made it clear that unless she changes this her pattern, she will not last.
After 4 months of social media exposure and flooding customers, she was still taking pictures with her phone, no branding, no social media page, no professional pictures. Her adverts are those of her working on a shoe, with a wooden table in front of her and a very scrappy environment. But instead she is being praised by people who see things wrong with spotting out a better path for her to take..

Re: The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by delishpot: 12:47am On May 15, 2017
You have tried. It is left for her to decide which advice she would take.
Re: The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by savagefinder: 12:53am On May 15, 2017
Today, I made a friend on twitter, based in London, a twenty year old girl and still in college, who is into fashion. I first saw her post about creating a wedding gown by her and told her about starting her own brand.. Immediately she followed me and showed me pictures and videos of her brand.
Although there were still lacking professional touches but the level of packaging and professionalism she displayed was strong enough to wow me. She owns a website (although not functional) and she has also started international delivery.
Now.. We normally blame the government for everything, we say the white men steal our best.. But we still always want to settle for less.
Both of them no doubt started as copy cats but today the path is different. While our Nigerian girl is being encouraged to continue making fake goods, our white lady is already showing signs of a potential luxury brand.

If you are an investor, which will you go for?.

Re: The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by savagefinder: 1:04am On May 15, 2017
If you are an investor, which will you go for?.

I am tired of seeing us celebrate backward ideas, a child makes a house from mud(things we did 15 years ago) and people start to celebrate and say the government isn't giving him a chance, someone remodels metal into a plane and covers a Keke napep and calls it a flying bike and we begin to say he is the next bill gates.
Our students in the university, will remodel a car and we start to clap..
A girl is making fake Versace shoes that she could be arrested for but we begin to praise her and even rebuff corrections. The Nigerian mindset limits our thinking and in turn our achievements
Re: The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by raydatluvs(m): 4:34am On May 15, 2017
Plus we tend to be closed minded mostly even rebuke correcting as hating thereby missing the crux. I relate with the message you're trying to pass.
Re: The Nigerian Mindset- A limiting Mindset by savagefinder: 6:46am On May 15, 2017
Lalasticlala pls can the thread breath fresh air small on the front page?

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Students Fry Akara For Their Vc Death / TB Joshua Donates N6m To Deportees Who Returned To Nigeria (PHOTOS) / How PIND Foundation Will Support The #heforshe Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.