Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

A 360 Degree Student: Olufade Ibidolapo's Speech At My Plo And I - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 360 Degree Student: Olufade Ibidolapo's Speech At My Plo And I (350 Views)

Ada Osakwe Is First African To Give A Speech At Convocation Of Kellogg School / UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu / And I Eventually Fail Jamb ( Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A 360 Degree Student: Olufade Ibidolapo's Speech At My Plo And I by TheSmilingMan(m): 6:45am On May 15, 2017
A 360 DEGREE STUDENT: OLUFADE IBIDOLAPO'S SPEECH AT MY PLO AND I

On the 19th day of June 1992, specifically a Friday at the magnificent Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library, a young law student – Olasupo Ojo bequeathed on us a legacy – the Great Ife Anthem. This Anthem had been the fuel of countless revolutions, struggles and protests for eons past, and it has also remain a mythical Muse inspiring us till today. I shall not be reproducing all the lines of the anthem but the lines apposite for today’s business state “For learning and culture, sports and struggle”.

This Anthem shows us in unequivocal terms what is expected from a student of this great institution birthed in 1962 and so it is an unpardonable taboo for a Great Ife Student to learn without having culture, to be sporty without struggling against neofascist forces that want to pull down the very core of our communal existence as an intellectual habitat.

It is therefore fitting, if I say that whenever we sing our Anthem, we are making a solemn declaration that we will be balanced and rounded students. Students whose habitat isn’t just the lecture theatres but whose very abode is the theatre of the world – where life battles are fought and won as gladiators whose blood and sweat have mixed with the sand of the Arena.
The Executive Council of the Law Students’ Society have called upon me to speak to you on the topic the 360 degree student http://www.ifelawwriters.com/2017/05/olufade-ibidolapo-speech-at-my-plo-and-i.html

(1) (Reply)

Aaua Admission (utme & De) / Admissions Into Lead City University / Unilorin 2nd Semester CA Test CBT Timetable – 2016/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.