Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,732 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

"I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan (27677 Views)

Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / Oba Obateru Akinruntan's Rolls Royce (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by IJOBA2: 7:25am On May 15, 2017
The Olugbo of Ugbo land, Oba Obateru Akinruntan, has said he is the most prominent and leader of all the traditional leaders in Yoruba land and the custodian of the authentic history of the race.

Speaking at an event organised to mark the 30th anniversary of Kola Olootu as a radio presenter in Ibadan on Sunday, the monarch, who is also the Chairman, Yoruba Obas Conflicts Resolution Committee, said he had published a book on the true history of Yoruba race, which placed the Olugbo above all other monarchs in Yoruba land.

According to him, he is on the verge of publishing the volume two of the book.

The Olugbo said he was aware of some critics of his works and historical analysis, stressing that many of those who criticised his works were unhappy that the true position of their lineage was being put into proper place.

The Olugbo said, “I am the leader of all obas in Yoruba land. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yoruba land in as much as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife. We are the husband of Moremi Ajasoro. Anyone who wants real Yoruba blessing should approach me. I am the one bestowed with the power.”

Asked which of the various historical accounts of Yoruba land was authentic since his own version was the latest in the series, the Olugbo said his account was most accurate.

The Oba said, “People should face the truth. My account of the history of Yoruba race is the most accurate and authentic. I have published a book on it already. Like I said, Oduduwa met my people in Ife. Don’t mind my critics who use Facebook to abuse me. The truth is that many of them are children of slaves.

“They don’t want the true story of their fathers to be told. Slaves don’t want history to be told. I am bold because I am not a son of a slave. My book is there. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has accepted the book as the authentic history of the Yoruba race. I am about to publish another book on the same subject.”

Responding to the claim by the Olugbo, Mr Adeola Oloko, who is the Director, Media and Public Affairs to the Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, said the Olubadan had yet to read Olugbo’s book on Yoruba history, saying that after reading the book, the monarch would be glad to respond.

https://punchng.com/im-the-leader-of-yoruba-monarchs-says-olugbo/amp/

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by IJOBA2: 7:26am On May 15, 2017
EKAROO LALASTICLALA

2 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Swiftlee(m): 7:27am On May 15, 2017
Really?

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by ishadfurnitures: 7:29am On May 15, 2017
Obat go and sleep joor

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by IJOBA2: 7:34am On May 15, 2017
ishadfurnitures:
Obat go and sleep joor
I expect you to counter his argument...atleast he didn't claim that his ancestors fell down from heaven

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Femolacaster(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2017
That's why I don't have much belief in all these myths about Oduduwa, everybody is just writing history to claim his or her superiority. Imagine some F00LS claiming that Ooni is a priest and not a king?

14 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by ishadfurnitures: 7:39am On May 15, 2017
Why should I?
IJOBA2:
I expect you to counter his argument...atleast he didn't claim that his ancestors fell down from heaven

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by RedboneSmith(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2017
Do these traditional rulers listen to themselves when they talk sometimes? Sounding like little children making empty brags: "Our generator is bigger than your own. Our TV is bigger than your own. My daddy's car is finer than yours."

Who gives a crap? Is that what will bring development to Ugbo people?

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:01am On May 15, 2017
Delusion of Grandeur.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by ModsWillKillNL: 10:02am On May 15, 2017
Highly unnecessary.

No Yoruba is more Yoruba than the other.

14 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by PearlStreet(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2017
IJOBA2:

At least, you know where his ancestors fell from. You don't have an idea as to your history or future.

You don't know where you came from or where you are going to. You don't know if you were cast of of Isreal or you evolved from monkeys (according to Charles Darwin)

However, I'm tempted to go with the latter considering the fact that your people are hairy, engage in chestbeating, have similar physical structures and you can't trace your history.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by bunmioguns(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2017
that is his own business

My own business is my signature

2 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by PearlStreet(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2017
afonjadie:
Afonja leadership tussle in Yoruba land show that their claim of having a royal dynasty is a farce, fiction and mirage

Some school of thought have always believed and alleged that Afonjas are using a revised history of Benin kingdom, I agree with them

By the way who would want to rule over a place like this if not for shameless, oil gulping, greedy, scare faced, rulers

I think you should be more concerned about your doubtful ancestry as no ipork piglet has been able to trace his root.

Today Biafran, tomorrow Jew, next tomorrow Judas, but claim Nigerian when caught with drugs.

Unverifiable history, uncertain present and bleak future. That summarizes you people.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by brightballer(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2017
I'm the leader of all Nairalanders.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by damosky12(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2017
Christ is coming back again.
Tell it to these men.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by gbegemaster(m): 10:03am On May 15, 2017
RedboneSmith:
Do these traditional rulers listen to themselves when they talk sometimes? Sounding like little children making empty brags: "Our generator is bigger than your own. Our TV is bigger than your own. My daddy's car is finer than yours."

Who gives a crap? Is that what will bring development to Ugbo people?
Lol.

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by ModsWillKillNL: 10:03am On May 15, 2017
afonjadie:
Afonja leadership tussle in Yoruba land show that their claim of having a royal dynasty is a farce, fiction and mirage

Some school of thought have always believed and alleged that Afonjas are using a revised history of Benin kingdom, I agree with them

By the way who would want to rule over a place like this if not for shameless, oil gulping, greedy, scare faced, rulers

Is that all you can make of Yorubaland?

Don't be a mischievous dullard!

22 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2017
Okay sir,but what has that done for your kingdom respect to development?
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by MostBanned: 10:04am On May 15, 2017
Maybe True

5 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by LaExpert: 10:04am On May 15, 2017
That the throne of the Olugbo has been in existence before that of the Ooni, doesn't mean it is superior.

4 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by rozayx5(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2017
all of them Obas

fools

reason i respect of Oba of Benin and Obi of Onitsha

they dont run around functions like kids and have silly quarrels

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:04am On May 15, 2017
U don take ur weed right?
afonjadie:

5 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by GeneralOjukwu: 10:04am On May 15, 2017
Scrap monarchy worldwide.

Saudis would never accept grin

3 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Tinububola121: 10:05am On May 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin

my yorubas obas has gone mad totally

5 Likes

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by zeusdgrt(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2017
Nothing concen me
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by intruxive(m): 10:06am On May 15, 2017
grin nice try olugbo, but according to history moremi broke your masquerade marauding jinx and ife destroyed your forefathers. Sorry u cant change the narratives even though I hear you are a billionaire and the cash is shacking you. Take your place, the back seat b4 the rest of the obas seat and banish your kingdom once again tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:06am On May 15, 2017
[color=#000099][/color] grin grin
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:07am On May 15, 2017
What is he smoking?
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 10:07am On May 15, 2017
It's logical according to Yoruba history, but the way it sounds, most people would think he's being proud.
Since according to history, Oduduwa met Olugbo (meaning the custodian/king of the forest), definitely, he was before Oduduwa.

Only the critical-minded will catch his drift. He's cool, I think I like the man already. cool

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Sealeddeal(m): 10:08am On May 15, 2017
Oba said that Some Yoruba are slaves and children of slaves.

18 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.