Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Racism In Ethiopia - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Racism In Ethiopia (6540 Views)

Islam In Ethiopia / List Of The Over 80 Ethnic Groups In Ethiopia / Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism In Ethiopia by 9jakool: 3:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Ersan:

And the millions who stayed at home and did nothing? the same millions who voted this man into office in the first place? what about them? executive or not, republican lawmakers supported this ban.

You used "one of the most secular" implying the is truly a degree to secularism. You unfortunately deal with absolutes when it suits and revert to more malleable principles when they don't. shame! My argument has never been that the US isn't secular, you remain confused.
If it'll make you happy: *One of the few truly secular countries.

Why are you making it seem like the people who didn't protest are all bigots? You are very insincere. If you don't lick my foot, then you are my enemy.
Also, your first point does not draw away from the fact that there are bigots, I already made that clear, but the constitution protects religious freedom.

And you're shying away from providing an answer why? you brought up an irrelevant topic and i am asking you about your motives, if you dont have one we can both agree it was balderdash.
You simply got distracted by your own distractions, which is why you don't know why the topic was brought up. I don't care anymore.

You mentioned what their official name was and i told you why that is, i also explain to you why conventional secularism can be applied to the north korean state. My arguments dont rely on their official stance but rather in the manner in which they act. Just like you implied a degree of secularism earlier, north korea may not be as secular as other states but it is secular to a degree. It is however not in anyway democratic. Yet you are unable/refuse to understand these blatant facts thrown in your face. Shame!
Ok, since I've clarify my point back to square one. NK is not a truly secular country.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 07, 2017
9jakool:

If it'll make you happy: *One of the few truly secular countries.

Why are you making it seem like the people who didn't protest are all bigots? You are very insincere. If you don't lick my foot, then you are my enemy.
Also, your first point does not draw away from the fact that there are bigots, I already made that clear, but the constitution protects religious freedom.
I am not condemning everyone who stayed at home, i am condemning those who stayed at home because they agreed with him.

Why do you underestimate the flaws of secularism in the US and over exaggerate that of others?

Ok, since I've clarify my point back to square one. NK is not a truly secular country.
Like i said, you only deal with absolutes when it suits you.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 07, 2017
9jakool:

I knew it wasn't complimentary, but I wanted claim it as such. As for the bolded, you just revealed something about yourself.
You questioned my usage of the word, that's the issue here.

Sad, you still took the bait even though you knew perfectly what you were doing.
then i didnt exactly take the bait now did i?

Ok, let me put it in simpler terms that you may understand.
* You cannot say I belong to either or, only I get to make a call about my identity.
* You cannot force me to join a bandwagon either.
Those are the fallacies you made in your faulty reasoning.
This would be true if this werent already the case.

You've confirmed my point, siblings don't kill each other.
Also, there is tribal violence in every society, but the magnitudes are different. Tribal and sectarian violence occurs in Nigeria more frequently and on a larger scale. The majority is in the apparent "unified" North.
I beg to differ, siblings kill each other all the time. Theres always going to be divides, be it sectarian or factional. This happens in every society. In the north we have a particular group of people frequently clashing with every other ethnicity, not that its always their fault but i believe if this issue can be solved then the occurrence of such clashes will be curbed.

Who are "we" lol?

"Lying is something the ignorant or misinformed do."
"A misinformed person is actually ignorant fyi."
Both of these were your quotes, the second quote was your attempt to "correct" what I said. They contradict each other.
No, i specified how your ignorance comes about. All misinformed people are ignorant but not all ignorant people are misinformed, we also have the uninformed. Here YOU fall victim of a fallacy, the fallacy of composition.

Lol yet you defend stoning and amputation. You know stoning is just like amputation, it's more human, swift, more guarantee of redemption.
Juts trying to help you understand that there is no such thing as proper punishment because the thinking behind that too is subjective. A few centuries back death by sword is considered humane, today its considered barbaric, there are many factors that influence peoples decisions when in fact they shouldnt.

HALF OF THE LGAs are owned by the indigines. In my book, it's half and half until a proper census is carried out.
Lol! Fine, they'll be a census soon i think. i am excited not only because of that because i believe the north will finally boast enough numbers to not need any other geopolitical zone in the south. Soon we shall become even more powerful.

I guess you are not as familiar with some of the "Northern states".
I try to familiarize myself with as many places/people as possible. I know plenty.

He's a politician, not representative of the general public. My point is an Ebira traditional wear differs from an Hausa or Kanuri.
Yet you said egbiras dont dress like hausas, here we have the first egbira governor of kogi and he dresses exactly like hausas.

What about ekuru?
never heard of it.

A human being,
I see any unjust act as barbaric. Simple as that.
Also, this is the reason why many people lash out against muslims.
What do you define as unjust? this is another subjective issue.

Actually that definition I put up was not from google definitions but from oxford dictionary.
Okay.

Also I beg to disagree, you can be passionate about a topic without influencing your thoughts. A great argument is an argument that has facts and is driven by passion. A great rhetorical argument uses pathos, ethos, and logos. Pathos deals with appeal to people and emotions.
But when you're ranting you're being too passionate. Different from being passionate about a subject after you've already developed a rational understanding which you clearly haven't.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by 9jakool: 4:47am On Jun 07, 2017
Ersan:

You questioned my usage of the word, that's the issue here.
then i didnt exactly take the bait now did i?
This would be true if this werent already the case.
I beg to differ, siblings kill each other all the time. Theres always going to be divides, be it sectarian or factional. This happens in every society. In the north we have a particular group of people frequently clashing with every other ethnicity, not that its always their fault but i believe if this issue can be solved then the occurrence of such clashes will be curbed.
No, i specified how your ignorance comes about. All misinformed people are ignorant but not all ignorant people are misinformed, we also have the uninformed. Here YOU fall victim of a fallacy, the fallacy of composition.
Juts trying to help you understand that there is no such thing as proper punishment because the thinking behind that too is subjective. A few centuries back death by sword is considered humane, today its considered barbaric, there are many factors that influence peoples decisions when in fact they shouldnt.
Lol! Fine, they'll be a census soon i think. i am excited not only because of that because i believe the north will finally boast enough numbers to not need any other geopolitical zone in the south. Soon we shall become even more powerful.
I try to familiarize myself with as many places/people as possible. I know plenty.
Yet you said egbiras dont dress like hausas, here we have the first egbira governor of kogi and he dresses exactly like hausas.
never heard of it.
What do you define as unjust? this is another subjective issue.
Okay.
But when you're ranting you're being too passionate. Different from being passionate about a subject after you've already developed a rational understanding which you clearly haven't.
I'm sure you and I could argue this for eternity, but let me just get these clear.
You believe "perceived democracy" is a type of democracy influenced by Soviet era communism; I don't believe in such.

I believe North Korea is not secular; You believe North Korea is secular.

You support amputation and stoning as a justified punishment for adultery because it's the only way to "rid the world of immorality"; I think both are very barbaric especially in this age and for those level of crime.

You think the North is unified; I don't think it is because it was an artificial creation by outsiders and not forged of a natural alliance which is manifested in the violence we see today. Siblings who truly love each other, don't murder each other.

*The thing you agree on is a census. I just hope this time, the data do not get manipulated with like last time when Lagos was reported to have less population than Kano. Also, what's wrong with the population figures as of now for the North that it needs the upcoming census to validate its legitimacy to be self reliant?
The Western region was self reliant in the '60s and '70s when the federal government was weak. It had universal health care, free education. It built the tallest skyscraper in Africa at the time and had the largest city in Sub Saharan Africa, had a thriving economy based on cash crop all free of oil money.

I don't care if the North as a whole has more population than the South, I want accurate ethnic breakdown including ethnic breakdown by state.
Last, what do you mean the census will make the North more powerful? Could you care to explain?
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Olu317(m): 6:16am On Jun 07, 2017
9jakool:

I'm sure you and I could argue this for eternity, but let me just get these clear.
You believe "perceived democracy" is a type of democracy influenced by Soviet era communism; I don't believe in such.

You support amputation and stoning as a justified punishment for adultery because it's the only way to "rid the world of immorality"; I think both are very barbaric especially in this age and for those level of crime.

You think the North is unified; I don't think it is because it was an artificial creation by outsiders and not forged of a natural alliance which is manifested in the violence we see today. Siblings who truly love each other, don't murder each other.

*The thing you agree on is a census. I just hope this time, the data do not get manipulated with like last time when Lagos was reported to have less population than Kano. Also, what's wrong with the population figures as of now for the North that it needs the upcoming census to validate its legitimacy to be self reliant?
The Western region was self reliant in the '60s and '70s when the federal government was weak. It had universal health care, free education. It built the tallest skyscraper in Africa at the time and had the largest city in Sub Saharan Africa, had a thriving economy based on cash crop all free of oil money.

I don't care if the North as a whole has more population than the South, I want accurate ethnic breakdown including ethnic breakdown by state.
Last, what do you mean the census will make the North more powerful? Could you care to explain?
There is no point bro engaging someone who know nothing about the reality of Northern Nigeria . Northern Nigeria is not unified as it was in the past and he infer like his cousins in the Core Northern part that can't even subdue Boko Haram. Despite the fact that, they were the ones that created the monstrous terrorists. Yet he boast of one North. Where was their North when Civil war broke out between between them and Eastern Nigeria? They ought to thank the SW that was dragged into the war, that eventually rescued the core North . What populations do they have as if it is only one tribe? Let them wait for it because many tribe will be reflected in the forthcoming census. Then, the reality will be made manifest. The guy you quoted knows absolutely nothing accurate about the system of the US as it regard religion and North Korea but using rhetoric to justify his opinion. I wonder where some people live to be so uninformed about an Authoritarian system in which there is ZERO TOLERANCE TO OPPOSITION. And such is called Secular state? A system that practising a system likened to Marxist....

Candid opinion:Quit this intellectual juxtaposing because it will take you nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Olu317:
There is no point bro engaging someone who know nothing about the reality of Northern Nigeria . Northern Nigeria is not unified as it was in the past and he infer like his cousins in the Core Northern part that can't even subdue Boko Haram. Despite the fact that, they were the ones that created the monstrous terrorists. Yet he boast of one North. Where was their North when Civil war broke out between between them and Eastern Nigeria? They ought to thank the SW that was dragged into the war, that eventually rescued the core North . What populations do they have as if it is only one tribe? Let them wait for it because many tribe will be reflected in the forthcoming census. Then, the reality will be made manifest. The guy you quoted knows absolutely nothing accurate about the system of the US as it regard religion and North Korea but using rhetoric to justify his opinion. I wonder where some people live to be so uninformed about an Authoritarian system in which there is ZERO TOLERANCE TO OPPOSITION. And such is called Secular state? A system that practising a system likened to Marxist....

Candid opinion:Quit this intellectual juxtaposing because it will take you nowhere.

Why are you always poking your nose in things that dont concern you? This isnt the first time you've brought your dull witted and unwanted opinion into a conversation i was having with someone.

A northerner doesn't know anything about the reality of the north but a southerner does. You lot with your arrogant and condescending rhetoric. SMH

FYI Dumbo, before jumping into conversations you dont understand, please try and follow the conversations closely. The person you're quoting is also a northerner.

Marxism is a very ideal system, one that mo.rons like you have been brainwashed into rejecting without even understanding its principles. I dont even want to pretend you have a brain and go into an argument with you because sheep like you dont

And BTW, you should be ashamed of that steaming pile of contradictory sh..it you wrote up there.

Yorubas arent known for fooolishness and chest beating, i suggest you stick to your lane because i am not interested in a e war with you.

"The south west saved the north." Lol! clown, dont push me.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2017
9jakool:

Yes which i clearly stated is not same as conventional democracy and that north korea is in fact not a democratic country.

Yes, though flawed. I believe there are aspects of the north korean government that can be considered secular. The im.becile above said its an authoritarian government that is against all opposition which the pillock doesnt understand is part of my argument. Their stance in regulating religion is because they fear it may threaten the government, not that its religion in its entirety that bothers them.

You support imprisoning people like animals for years which i believe is inhumane

Somalia is a mono ethnic country yet rife with quarrel among clans. Love doesn't stem from brotherhood, brotherhood stems from love.

Ohh yeah, its very far fetched that the oldest city in west africa is more populous than lagos. You people aren't even serious. Have you ever even been to kano? Just because lagos is overpopulated doesn't mean its more populous than kano. Lagos is a very small state, dont let population density fool you.

Yes, i have never denied the accomplishment of the brits during their very long stint in western nigeria. They left a very capable economy in their hands and they are still beneficiaries of that. The west is still the most sustainable region in Nigeria.

Indeed, i agree. There should be an ethnic breakdown as well, though it wont change anything. Like i said, if youre trying to rally minorities its an exercise in futility, all we need is cooperation when need be and as far as i am concerned their number doesnt matter since our agenda remains intertwined.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Olu317(m): 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ersan:

Why are you always poking your nose in things that dont concern you? This isnt the first time you've brought your dull witted and unwanted opinion into a conversation i was having with someone.

A northerner doesn't know anything about the reality of the north but a southerner does. You lot with your arrogant and condescending rhetoric. SMH

FYI Dumbo, before jumping into conversations you dont understand, please try and follow the conversations closely. The person you're quoting is also a northerner.

Marxism is a very ideal system, one that mo.rons like you have been brainwashed into rejecting without even understanding its principles. I dont even want to pretend you have a brain and go into an argument with you because sheep like you dont

And BTW, you should be ashamed of that steaming pile of contradictory sh..it you wrote up there.

Yorubas arent known for fooolishness and chest beating, i suggest you stick to your lane because i am not interested in a e war with you.

"The south west saved the north." Lol! clown, dont push me.
poking nose on a public forum, where knowledge are gained ? You and I don't belong to the same school of thought.. You mentioned slowpoke? Seems it hurts to be corrected. You are trained within the circle of the well to do in core North. Perhaps a military man's son or politician's son. In Yoruba land, either a prince or wretched of our world understand the street language even if it is not used because of education and self refrain, which is what make us as Omoluabis. I bet you have no knowledge of the civil war, which was the reason you lacked the pedigree to understand it. E-war against me? Snuggle over such threat is my panegyric. I have a richer history more than yours. And Marxist, you claimed don't exist in the North but Oligarchy system that even went as far as Absolute Monarchy system that suppressed the commoners . Yes, I only inferred the truth because you don't even know the difference between FREEDOM AND BONDAGE. Let me open your eyes to it, North Korean Imperialist killed his uncle, one of the senior members of his government in an open field, last year. And you referred to that as having a secularism. Compared Donald Trump with such or American system is like someone who LIVE IN THE MARS. Marxist theory is a ruthless system to even begin with. I can't deal with you on this because I am interested in the Op's and not this subject matter. I didn't quote you but told 9jacool to do the needful because you belong to the class of the fearful Northerners who hinge on British colonialist to have their way. You said “don't push me", to what? I read the argument between the two of you from the beginning but you derailed. So, what is the point? If I had wanted to puncture your point, I would have ,but it's not my take. So,the best I could offer to him was to educate me on the Op's raised factor ,in other, to learn one or two things. I got no time to wage war.Lazy lad
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by 9jakool: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ersan:

Yes which i clearly stated is not same as conventional democracy and that north korea is in fact not a democratic country.

Yes, though flawed. I believe there are aspects of the north korean government that can be considered secular. The im.becile above said its an authoritarian government that is against all opposition which the pillock doesnt understand is part of my argument. Their stance in regulating religion is because they fear it may threaten the government, not that its religion in its entirety that bothers them.

You support imprisoning people like animals for years which i believe is inhumane
Ok,
As for the bolded, don't remember saying that. Also, some people don't believe adultery qualifies as a crime in the first place. I fit that box, although I still think it's wrong. If it were up to me, I would choose getting locked up like an animal for a while than getting stoned alive and I assume most people will agree. Dude, there is no way to justify stoning.

Somalia is a mono ethnic country yet rife with quarrel among clans. Love doesn't stem from brotherhood, brotherhood stems from love.
The problem with Somalia is due to clan tribalism, political instability, and terrorism. Yes brotherhood is a byproduct of love, although there is a ripple effect. My point remains that the unity is lacking and this is manifested in the frequent violence we see today.

Ohh yeah, its very far fetched that the oldest city in west africa is more populous than lagos. You people aren't even serious. Have you ever even been to kano? Just because lagos is overpopulated doesn't mean its more populous than kano. Lagos is a very small state, dont let population density fool you.
First of all, Lagos city has a larger population than Kano city. My comparison was between Kano state and Lagos state. Also, Kano is not the oldest city in West Africa. That title belongs to Dhar Tchitt and Djenne-Djeno. It's not the oldest currently inhabited city either, that title belongs to Aoudaghost. It's not even the oldest continuously inhabited city, that's Chinguetti.

Yes, i have never denied the accomplishment of the brits during their very long stint in western nigeria. They left a very capable economy in their hands and they are still beneficiaries of that. The west is still the most sustainable region in Nigeria.
Every region was "beneficiary" of British rule. The only difference that made the North different was the less acceptance of western education and the indirect rule. Nonetheless, agriculture, mining, and manufacturing were stressed throughout Nigeria including The North.

So when I mentioned '60s and '70s, you do realize that those decades were after independence right? The British were not in charge of the government. The Western region set its own path forward with implementation of universal health care and free education. The tallest skyscraper at the time was built by the will of local initiative of farmers.
Indeed, i agree. There should be an ethnic breakdown as well, though it wont change anything. Like i said, if youre trying to rally minorities its an exercise in futility, all we need is cooperation when need be and as far as i am concerned their number doesnt matter since our agenda remains intertwined.
First of all, I'll like if you would answer my question. If you don't want to, then simply say so. Lol, numbers definitely matter in the tense political atmosphere of Nigeria. I can't predict what the future holds, but we'll wait and see if numbers truly don't matter.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
9jakool:

Ok,
As for the bolded, don't remember saying that. Also, some people don't believe adultery qualifies as a crime in the first place. I fit that box, although I still think it's wrong. If it were up to me, I would choose getting locked up like an animal for a while than getting stoned alive and I assume most people will agree. Dude, there is no way to justify stoning.

The problem with Somalia is due to clan tribalism, political instability, and terrorism. Yes brotherhood is a byproduct of love, although there is a ripple effect. My point remains that the unity is lacking and this is manifested in the frequent violence we see today.

First of all, Lagos city has a larger population than Kano city. My comparison was between Kano state and Lagos state. Also, Kano is not the oldest city in West Africa. That title belongs to Dhar Tchitt and Djenne-Djeno. It's not the oldest currently inhabited city either, that title belongs to Aoudaghost. It's not even the oldest continuously inhabited city, that's Chinguetti.

Every region was "beneficiary" of British rule. The only difference that made the North different was the less acceptance of western education and the indirect rule. Nonetheless, agriculture, mining, and manufacturing were stressed throughout Nigeria including The North.

So when I mentioned '60s and '70s, you do realize that those decades were after independence right? The British were not in charge of the government. The Western region set its own path forward with implementation of universal health care and free education. The tallest skyscraper at the time was built by the will of local initiative of farmers.

First of all, I'll like if you would answer my question. If you don't want to, then simply say so. Lol, numbers definitely matter in the tense political atmosphere of Nigeria. I can't predict what the future holds, but we'll wait and see if numbers truly don't matter.

My cavs are getting swept, don't even have the spirit to properly type right now. Let's just say i agree with everything you typed.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Olu317:
poking nose on a public forum, where knowledge are gained ? You and I don't belong to the same school of thought.. You mentioned slowpoke? Seems it hurts to be corrected. You are trained within the circle of the well to do in core North. Perhaps a military man's son or politician's son. In Yoruba land, either a prince or wretched of our world understand the street language even if it is not used because of education and self refrain, which is what make us as Omoluabis. I bet you have no knowledge of the civil war, which was the reason you lacked the pedigree to understand it. E-war against me? Snuggle over such threat is my panegyric. I have a richer history more than yours. And Marxist, you claimed don't exist in the North but Oligarchy system that even went as far as Absolute Monarchy system that suppressed the commoners . Yes, I only inferred the truth because you don't even know the difference between FREEDOM AND BONDAGE. Let me open your eyes to it, North Korean Imperialist killed his uncle, one of the senior members of his government in an open field, last year. And you referred to that as having a secularism. Compared Donald Trump with such or American system is like someone who LIVE IN THE MARS. Marxist theory is a ruthless system to even begin with. I can't deal with you on this because I am interested in the Op's and not this subject matter. I didn't quote you but told 9jacool to do the needful because you belong to the class of the fearful Northerners who hinge on British colonialist to have their way. You said “don't push me", to what? I read the argument between the two of you from the beginning but you derailed. So, what is the point? If I had wanted to puncture your point, I would have ,but it's not my take. So,the best I could offer to him was to educate me on the Op's raised factor ,in other, to learn one or two things. I got no time to wage war.Lazy lad

*Sigh

I don't blame you, i blame kevin durant. Everything is his fault.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Olu317(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2017
Ersan:

*Sigh

I don't blame you, i blame kevin durant. Everything is his fault.
Mon dieu! Kevin Durant, qua? est ce qu' fait signifiez vous?

This is a catastrophic slangy correlation. Monsieur, c'est grave.

Honestly, you are indeed a “CLASSY MAN"
I chuckled reading this piece of yours. I wished you knew....... I really wish you know.

We Yorubas are born not to hate but always on “GUARD" against haters and people that are hell bent on derailing our footpaths.

Proudly Yoruba blood!
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Olu317:
Mon dieu! Kevin Durant, qua? est ce qu' fait signifiez vous?

This is a catastrophic slangy correlation. Monsieur, c'est grave.

Honestly, you are indeed a “CLASSY MAN"
I chuckled reading this piece of yours. I wished you knew....... I really wish you know.

We Yorubas are born not to hate but always on “GUARD" against haters and people that are hell bent on derailing our footpaths.

Proudly Yoruba blood!

Good for you. Allow me to stew in my cesspit of misery.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Olu317(m): 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ersan:

Good for you. Allow me to stew in my cesspit of misery.
No hard feeling. Even if there isn't synchronicity in our present views,we can still align elsewhere. However, “cesspit of misery " is a damning word which need not be used for oneself. Views will always differ if one put into consideration, the fact that more than 7,000,000,000+ humans exist and non have same tongue, thumb etc. It's not an easy task cracking one's brain and churning out this different views. Being a blogger is a gift from the force above human powers. Kudos.

Easy does it.

Cheers.
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
That is not racism, it is ethnic conflicts/disagreements/nepotism.... a lot of African countries have that sort of thing.

Hati13:
Amhara vs Tigray
Amhara vs Oromo
Abyssinians(Amhara, Tigray and Agaw) vs Oromo
Abyssinians vs other Ethiopians
Whole Ethiopia vs Ethiopia Somalians
Whole Ethiopia vs Oromo
Whole Ethiopia vs Gurage
Habesha vs non-Habesha
North vs South vs East vs West
Etc.......

Even within Amhara region, there is racism between Wollo(Bete Amhara) vs North Shewa vs Gojjam vs Gondar vs Agaw(Wag Hemra, Awi Agaw and Kemant).

This must be a solution for this!
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
NubiLove:
That is not racism, it is ethnic conflicts/disagreements/nepotism.... a lot of African countries have that sort of thing.

You are correct, but there is also some level of racism between those different groups, but not that much like I pointed out. I should modify the title.

Thanks!
Re: Racism In Ethiopia by ArtanK(m): 5:36am On Jun 11, 2017
Ersan:

Contrary to popular belief, Somalia is actually not a mono-ethnic country. Apart from ethnic Somalis, there are Yemenis, ancient Arab populations, Bajuni/Bravanese, Oromo and Bantu-speaking people in Somalia. The largest minority is the Bantu group (known as Somali Bantu), estimated between 800,000-900,000, they're mainly found in the south-central regions. The Yemenis are found in small pockets in a lot of northern cities and the capital, whilst the ancient Arab people are found in the capital only. The Bajuni/Bravanese are in the deep south and lastly the Oromo are technically found in every major city, though the largest chunk of them reside in the south western region of the country.

Just wanted to correct that in an otherwise good exchange between you and 9jakool. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Officially Decided That Black People Are Beyond Reason. / Challenge To All Northerners: Educate Your People / The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.