Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative (719 Views)

How Does one Handle Evil And Diabolism In Work Environments? / How To Access The New Opay Loan Of 200,000 Opay. (insider Information) / Retirement In Nigeria: How Much Does One Need To Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative by bonaonyex(m): 2:06pm On May 15, 2017
Fellow nairalanders, i am perturbed on how to go about this. I lost my dad some time ago and he has accounts with some banks in Nigeria. I have all the account booklets in my possession. Again he had shares with some companies on the NSE. Please how do i go about accessing the accounts(banks and Shares) so i do not embarrass myself in the process.

Thanks for your assistance. smiley
Re: How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative by hakimi1974(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2017
a lawyer will put you through. are you the next of kin? and i hope you have the death certificate.
Re: How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative by bonaonyex(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2017
hakimi1974:
a lawyer will put you through. are you the next of kin? and i hope you have the death certificate.
I have all of those handy. Just thought i could have an inkling of knowledge here before heading elsewhere.
Re: How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative by kennyflakky: 6:53pm On May 15, 2017
If you are the next of kin,fine.Bro don't go to a lawyer oooooo,they will tell you they can do it,but na lie. All you need is to go to a High court to process a letter of ADMINISTRATION. Though its takes longer period to get that letter,but that is the price to pay since the person did not write his or her will. Presently processing my dads own too....that's why I cab share the experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Access The Account Of A Deceased Relative by bonaonyex(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2017
kennyflakky:
If you are the next of kin,fine.Bro don't go to a lawyer oooooo,they will tell you they can do it,but na lie. All you need is to go to a High court to process a letter of ADMINISTRATION. Though its takes longer period to get that letter,but that is the price to pay since the person did not write his or her will. Presently processing my dads own too....that's why I cab share the experience.

Thanks so much. Is that all the requirement needed for it to be accessed? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Important Tips To Prepare For The IELTS / Employment Opportunities / Military Stops Admission Of Combatant Female Cadets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.