Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,401 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. (676 Views)

Bloggers Advice Is Needed Urgently Please / Building A Classified Website(i Need Professional Help On The Best Script) / Building A Classified Website(i Need Professional Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by barnaby04(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2017
Hello House,

Please i need a professional help and assistance on a blog am currently building. It is a wordpress self-hosted site which is partially up now. The concept behind the site is to make it a completely news/events/celebrity blog fashioned after the likes of Linda Ikeji, Lailas blog and others but with a bias for real news coverage in another area other than gossips that litters the enter cyberspace.

My problem now is, have not been able to get the right theme to use for the blog because most of the ones have tested always have one issue or the other which has really slowed down my target on the blog.

I will be very grateful for any advice professionals in the house would give as regards the best theme to use for a news/events/celebrity oriented blog.

Thanks.

N.B

I will be very grateful if you guys can assist by recommending various pluggins that needed to be installed to run a news oriented blog too as well.
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by eezeribe(m): 3:57pm On May 15, 2017
OK
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by Ovokoo: 4:06pm On May 15, 2017
Are the themes you have tried premium themes because if they're free themes, you may not get what exactly you want and if you're looking out for your blog to look like the likes of Linda Ikeji and lailasblog, you may have to build your theme from scratch especially because you're using wordpress.

I had the same problem as you and 4 days ago i decided to put my programming skill to use and built a customer theme. You can check it out at www.ovoko.com.ng though i'm still working on it to be perfect.
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by barnaby04(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2017
Thanks bro, you seemed to understand my plight. The themes have been trying out with are the free themes in the Wordpress store. Don't know if buying a premium theme would give me a better deal?

Nice blog you got. What i have in mind is something similar to yours but with a different radical concentration of reportage on a certain aspect of news coverage as my area of niche

I had the same problem as you and 4 days ago i decided to put my programming skill to use and built a customer theme. You can check it out at www.ovoko.com.ng though i'm still working on it to be perfect.[/quote]
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 15, 2017
Of course the themes have one problem or the other they are free so they are made with little or no effort. Get a premium theme bro.
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by Ovokoo: 4:58pm On May 15, 2017
barnaby04:

Thanks bro, you seemed to understand my plight. The themes have been trying out with are the free themes in the Wordpress store. Don't know if buying a premium theme would give me a better deal?

Nice blog you got. What i have in mind is something similar to yours but with a different radical concentration of reportage on a certain aspect of news coverage as my area of niche

A premium blog should do it for you. Do you have an example of a blog you want yours to look like?
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by VocalWalls: 5:56pm On May 15, 2017
barnaby04, you cannot find a great theme browsing through the WordPress theme gallery.

1. Know what you want to create.

Your concept should flow like a magazine.

2. Search for best magazine themes.

You should find posts on top 10, top 20, top 50 magazine themes.

3. Quench your thirst.

Browsing through these posts, a lot of the featured themes will fit what you really want

4. Scout.

Look for the theme online. Find places where you can download them.

You can also get free lite versions.

Point 3 is important because you'd have the chance to preview the themes and see their full functional capacity before deciding.

Cheers.

Design Hub
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by ipreach: 8:35am On May 16, 2017
Do you need an affordable blog?

Contact me: Call/Whatsapp 0806021-8705
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by barnaby04(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2017
Thanks bro, am looking at fashioning the concept and design of the blog after the likes of linda ikejis, lailas blog and the rest.

Ovokoo:

A premium blog should do it for you. Do you have an example of a blog you want yours to look like?
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by pauljumbo: 1:05pm On May 16, 2017
barnaby04:
Hello House,

Please i need a professional help and assistance on a blog am currently building. It is a wordpress self-hosted site which is partially up now. The concept behind the site is to make it a completely news/events/celebrity blog fashioned after the likes of Linda Ikeji, Lailas blog and others but with a bias for real news coverage in another area other than gossips that litters the enter cyberspace.

My problem now is, have not been able to get the right theme to use for the blog because most of the ones have tested always have one issue or the other which has really slowed down my target on the blog.

I will be very grateful for any advice professionals in the house would give as regards the best theme to use for a news/events/celebrity oriented blog.

Thanks.

N.B

I will be very grateful if you guys can assist by recommending various pluggins that needed to be installed to run a news oriented blog too as well.

bro stop wasting your time on looks and design of your blog
focus on putting good contents on the blog and the and start sharing it
Linda's blog is one of the ugliest blog but she gets good traffic because of her exclusive contents
readers of your blog cares for good contents than the designs and looks of your blog
start creating good contents and promoting it now when you become successful you get professionals to help you redesign the blog later
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by barnaby04(m): 3:04pm On May 16, 2017
Thanks man for the frank advise.

pauljumbo:

Linda's blog is one of the ugliest blog but she gets good traffic because of her exclusive contents
readers of your blog cares for good contents than the designs and looks of your blog
start creating good contents and promoting it now when you become successful you get professionals to help you redesign the blog later
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by Ovokoo: 1:17pm On May 17, 2017
pauljumbo:

Pls, stop misguiding people. As much as content is very important, it's not the only important variable that should be considered when setting up a blog. You blog has to look presentable for people to remain there. It's funny you mentioned linda ikeji without realizing that since she started a long time ago and has made name for herself, she can get away with anything. Btw, 80% of Linda's content is copied just like other blogs, so there's absolutely nothing special about her content. Bella Naija has better content than her but that hasn't made any difference.

For a new blog, you have to put everything in place including, the blog design, content, SEO etc to be able to compete favourably.
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by Betafalex(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2017
What if I help you and give you a perfect design of your heart desire, can you be able to afford N30000 or N25000.

I have samples of site built like www.360nobs.com www.dailypost.ng and www.vanguardngr.com or www.guardian.ng

If you're interested hit me up on 08101309009
Re: How Do I Turn This Blog Around? Professional Help Needed Urgently Please. by pauljumbo: 4:05pm On May 17, 2017
Ovokoo:

Pls, stop misguiding people. As much as content is very important, it's not the only important variable that should be considered when setting up a blog. You blog has to look presentable for people to remain there. It's funny you mentioned linda ikeji without realizing that since she started a long time ago and has made name for herself, she can get away with anything. Btw, 80% of Linda's content is copied just like other blogs, so there's absolutely nothing special about her content. Bella Naija has better content than her but that hasn't made any difference.

For a new blog, you have to put everything in place including, the blog design, content, SEO etc to be able to compete favourably.

i am not saying design and looks does not matter
i have gone through his blog and its ok for now
so he should go for good contents and when the blog becomes successful he can get professionals to do the designs for him

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Google Adsense Approved In Few Days. / Payoneer Now Allow Nigerians Receive Payment Directly To Bank Acount / Who Knows Where I Can Get This Theme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.