Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem (637 Views)

Help!! Is This Spiritual Or Physical Problem? / Is It Spiritual Or Medical? I Need Help. / Is This A Psychological Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by calculator123(m): 11:57pm On May 15, 2017
Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section.
I have been wondering for some days now whether Addiction is a psychological or spiritual problem. Reasons because you see people who have addiction go to Their place of worship for spiritual exercise pertaining to the addiction only to come back and you won't notice any positive change in them.
A vivid example is a man down my street who is very addicted to Cigarette despite lots and lots of deliverance sessions, He still remained the same. In fact the example are Innumerable...While watching a TV show I constantly heard the psychologist making emphasis on why people with addiction need to see a psychologist not their spiritual Fathers.As expected, a lot of people were against his View...
So share you thoughts. what do you think??

Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by smartty68(m): 12:15am On May 16, 2017
Its physical. It has to do with the state of the mind. Getting too used to a particular thing. Like ganger, opium, cigarettes, drunks, womanizing, mananizingcheesy

Abeg ask Buhari for the remaining answers grin
Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by Nobody: 12:20am On May 16, 2017
smartty68:
Its physical. It has to do with the state of the mind. Getting too used to a particular thing. Like ganger, opium, cigarettes, drunkers addicts, womanizing, mananizingcheesy

Abeg ask Buhari for the remaining answers grin
Bro how is something that has to do with the mind "physical"??
Are you sure your English teacher did not scam your parents?
Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by smartty68(m): 12:22am On May 16, 2017
IamJix:

Bro how is something that has to do with the mind "physical"??
Are you sure your English teacher did not scam your parents?
Ehm! You tell me tongue

Shebi drinking and the likes na for dream e the take place bah? Or abi no be your mind the control your daily activities?
Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by Nobody: 12:26am On May 16, 2017
smartty68:

Ehm! You tell me tongue

Shebi drinking and the likes na for dream e the take place bah? Or abi no be your mind the control your daily activities?
Thirst is a conscious desire of water.
how is the Conscious there a physical occurrence??
I take drinking of water as example of whatever drinking you meant.
Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by smartty68(m): 12:29am On May 16, 2017
IamJix:

Thirst is a conscious desire of water.
how is the Conscious there a physical occurrence??
I take drinking of water as example of water as whatever drinking you meant.
Oya stop quoting me and answer OP question Mr Man
Re: Is Addiction A Spiritual Or Psychological Problem by uboma(m): 8:13am On May 16, 2017
There is nothing spiritual about addiction.

But trust some Nigerians to always attach self made problems to spiritual reasons.

(1) (Reply)

What Your Chin Can Say About Your Health….use The Mirror To See / Why Condoms Don't Prevent Hiv/aids Transmission-see What To Do Here. / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.