Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) (37115 Views)

2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB Officially Unveiled (Photos And Details) / 2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / 2020 Toyota Highlander Unveiled - Photos, Details And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by cytell56: 10:58am On May 16, 2017
autojosh:
Mercedes Benz has unveiled the public transport of the future.. It is the Mercedes Benz self driving bus which will operate itself without a driver.

It interacts with its surroundings using the Daimler City Pilot Technology which includes 10 cameras and radar systems. This technology will enable the bus communicate with the traffic light network and apply its automatic brakes when necessary.

The bus is divided into three zones: a service zone at the front, an express zone in the middle for passengers traveling short distance and a lounge zone at the back for those traveling long distance.
The bus was tested in Amsterdam, Netherlands where it performed well.

https://autojosh.com/mercedes-benz-self-driving-bus/

Na until dem try am for mushin oloosha and oshodi we go know say e dey successful!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Jollyakat(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2017
Tech is taking over... lovely
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by sescoline(m): 10:59am On May 16, 2017
Amazingly Olamide BADDO fell in love with this unbelievable vibe by this incredible artist SESCOLINE
http://usherloaded.com.ng/2017/05/15/amazingly-olamide-baddo-fell-in-love-with-this-unbelievable-vibe-by-this-incredible-artist-sescoline/
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by macaranta(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2017
Lovely
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Nightshift(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2017
That's how we'll be rolling in Stuttgart '21! Yes, Stuttgart 2021!!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by selab: 11:02am On May 16, 2017
wonderful...
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Tamzblaze(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2017
Howmon:
That's what's up. MB. The chairs don't look comfy tho.

The chairs are based on the zones.. the zone for long journey is very much comfortable than that of short journey
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by bizza45: 11:03am On May 16, 2017
9ja come and what other countries are producing, if na una now una go think how to produce corruption or how to produce broom stick in order to fly

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by goldenson5895(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2017
Where are we going in Nigeria? I well 2100 Nigeria will get one, though I no pray so! But na face you go know the soup wea no get palm oil
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by ODUBEZE: 11:05am On May 16, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Ok between the year 2100-infinity never never it will get to Nigeria.

To control traffic in Nigeria is like comparing Buhari to good leadership grin grin

Abeg no quote me ooooo
Lolzzzzzźzzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are very funny! You made my day

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by goldenson5895(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2017
bizza45:
9ja come and what other countries are producing, if na una now una go think how to produce corruption or how to produce broom stick in order to fly
If corruption is what we are perfect of, then make them continue, let me come to power, i go flush them away in just two months
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by GeoOla25(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2017
Dafo drivers don lose their jobs if this finally enter Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by bizza45: 11:10am On May 16, 2017
goldenson5895:

If corruption is what we are perfect of, then make them continue, let me come to power, i go flush them away in just two months

if u fight corruption what will u do about the broom stick
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Nobody: 11:13am On May 16, 2017
According to Karl Marx, automation that displaces workers in favour of machines that can produce more goods in less time is part and parcel of how capitalism operates. By developing fixed capital (machines), bosses can do away with much of the variable capital (workers) that saps their bottom line with pesky things like wages and short work days. He writes:

The increase of the productive force of labour and the greatest possible negation of necessary labour is the necessary tendency of capital, as we have seen. The transformation of the means of labour into machinery is the realization of this tendency.

Seen through this lens, robot workers are the rational end point of automation as it develops in a capitalist economy. The question of what happens to workers displaced by automation is an especially interesting line of inquiry because it points to a serious contradiction in capitalism, according to Marx:

Capital itself is the moving contradiction, [in] that it presses to reduce labour time to a minimum, while it posits labour time, on the other side, as sole measure and source of wealth.

In Marxist theory, capitalists create profit by extracting what's called surplus value from workers—paying them less than what their time is worth and gaining the difference as profit after the commodity has been sold at market price, arrived at by metrics abstracted from the act of labour itself.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by oluspicy: 11:13am On May 16, 2017
This is what I tagged "Technology at its best!

Even MAN Motors has made a bus that can moves inside the river as well as on the road. When I watched the documentary, I was amazed how such can be made.

Fifth or Sixth Generation Computers in vogue.

This call for a big challenge on our dear African leaders. Let us be innovative positively instead of looting and dependable on other developed countries.

God heal Africa.
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Dkfpaul(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2017
Lol..i swear if they bring it for nigeria,even if them they board for free i no fit enter it o because nigeria environment no resemble the one at abroad...who wan die?
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Nightshift(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2017
In 2007, i met a German who was part of the team working on this technology at Conti Temic office in Markdorf. His reply when I asked him about the possibility of such advanced technology was " nothing is impossible ".

Although, I don't know if other German companies including Mercedes Benz were working on the same 'technik' as they call it there; or whether Conti Temic sold the idea to MB.
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by tayorh(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2017
It will get to Nigeria in the next generation, MY generation no fit see this kin tin..
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by NobleRomm(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2017
Nice one..... but this is never meant for Nigeria
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Kobicove(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2017
The interior of the bus looks more like that of an airport shuttle undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by pythonkid(m): 11:27am On May 16, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

To control traffic in Nigeria is like comparing Buhari to good leadership grin grin

Abeg no quote me ooooo

you're mad , you will write nonesense and say no one should quote , pls WHO r u ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Rilwan20(m): 11:32am On May 16, 2017
Busy here debating on budget padding, ethno-religion crisis et. al. We are not suppose to be using the same calendar coz we are like in the 11th century and they centuries ahead of us.
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by Pecca: 11:38am On May 16, 2017
surely not for 21st century Nigeria.
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by frubben(m): 11:41am On May 16, 2017
It reads that the bus works with traffic light, for naija traffic light na bird house ooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 11:42am On May 16, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Abeg no quote me ooooo
dont be surprised if one foolish gov of a state with no good roads buys that as empowerment prog. the idiot go com park am inside govt house after pinsure of commissioning

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by sunnyajaks: 11:44am On May 16, 2017
Oyinbo u na well done o
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by donqx: 11:47am On May 16, 2017
nice
Re: Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) by somehow: 11:52am On May 16, 2017
But the picture is showing a driver in the front na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Pictures You Can Relate To When You Buy A Car On Budget / Test Your Driving Skills With This Puzzle / BOSSES ONLY: Check Out The $1million Mercedes That’s Like An Armored Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.