Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. (648 Views)

How To Hit Stardom In The Entertainment Industry / Another Veteran Yoruba Actor Bids 9ja Entertainment Industry Farewell! / Is The American Entertainment Industry Trying To Make Us Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by Dendelion(m): 8:05am On May 16, 2017
fellow nairalanders over the years I've been following Nigerian entertainment ever since I was a kid and I've discovered what I call racism in the industry. by this I don't mean physical discrimination of persons. I'm referring to the unnecessary hype about Lagos being the hub of entertainment in Nigeria this I believe was purported by selfish westerners who doesn't care about other states or geopolitical zones so to say and yet they don't the southerners to have BIAFRA. take a look at America you must not move to New York before you BLOW,some one can still live in his native state of Philadelphia, Ohio etc and his songs I'll still be on the billboard 100's.
over the years entertainment companies have helped lagosians to solidify this claim of being the entertainment hub in Nigeria take a look at headies which is arguably the biggest award event in Nigeria, since it's inception they have been hosting it in Lagos only as if it's only lagosians that listen to Nigerian songs abi na only them they vote too? Lagos is not the only state that have state of art event centers. let me stop here for now. I believe if this is looked into it I'll Forster social interaction and we begin to appreciate each other. be part of this campaign and follow me on twitter @dherayhillz or instagram @dheray_hillz to let them here our voices.. Gracia's
Re: Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by youngest85(m): 8:07am On May 16, 2017
Develop your states and it will attracts tourists and investors

1 Like

Re: Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by Dendelion(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2017
in essence it's only Lagos State that is developed?

1 Like

Re: Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 16, 2017
Dendelion:
fellow nairalanders over the years I've been following Nigerian entertainment ever since I was a kid and I've discovered what I call racism in the industry. by this I don't mean physical discrimination of persons. I'm referring to the unnecessary hype about Lagos being the hub of entertainment in Nigeria this I believe was purported by selfish westerners who doesn't care about other states or geopolitical zones so to say and yet they don't the southerners to have BIAFRA. take a look at America you must not move to New York before you BLOW,some one can still live in his native state of Philadelphia, Ohio etc and his songs I'll still be on the billboard 100's.
over the years entertainment companies have helped lagosians to solidify this claim of being the entertainment hub in Nigeria take a look at headies which is arguably the biggest award event in Nigeria, since it's inception they have been hosting it in Lagos only as if it's only lagosians that listen to Nigerian songs abi na only them they vote too? Lagos is not the only state that have state of art event centers. let me stop here for now. I believe if this is looked into it I'll Forster social interaction and we begin to appreciate each other. be part of this campaign and follow me on twitter @dherayhillz or instagram @dheray_hillz to let them here our voices.. Gracia's

Permit me to say that you don't know what u are saying...this is not discrimination....but the way things are every where...its just development..
even the America u sighted as example is like that...you can't blow bigtime until u hit Hollywood...thats the home of all the big movie industry e.g 20thcentury fox, universal studios, paramount pictures, Colombian pictures, Legendary pictures, Summit, Goldmynmayers etc.
that's the dream of most upcoming actors and actresses...thats where the box office, high budget movies are made.
Re: Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by Vine4(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2017
The OP has a big point. A poor talented boy living in d far north cannot make it in the entertainment industry unless he moves to lagos. Something needs to be done...why lagos is so popular is because its was formally the capital of Nigeria. That lead to the high influx of people leading to urbanisation and industralization.
Nigeria should be a place where you can survive wherever you are. Is lagos an oil producing state? Yet oil coy full here!
You don't have to go to rivers state to buy purewater....
Please let's think of how we can grow our states....
Overpopulation is the problem with lagos. You will see 500 jobseeksers applying for just one job...sad but true
If I have the resources, I would go back to my state and grow the place, start businesses there, build cinemas, clubs, music studios etc All these will attact youth, talents and investors to my state thereby creating jobs. By so doing, I have contributed my own quota. Rome wasn't built in a day. It starts from us!!! Government is not ready to do anything. We can do this. So help us God.
Re: Racism In Nigeria Entertainment Industry. by Rukkyprecious(f): 9:35am On May 17, 2017
pls someone help me am on naira land and av not being able to post anytin yet

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Appliances From Electrical Power Surges / Banana Island Ghost Rakes In 35million In Its First Week / No More Leaks: Game Of Thrones S8 Will Have Multiple Endings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.