Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua (30553 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:32am On May 16, 2017
Dedication-- God Almighty

Acknowledgment-- Nairaland writers
Nairaland readers

N.B: this particular story does not hinder me from continuing with the previous one.

CHAPTER 1

After receiving a call that my mother was rushed to the hospital early that morning, I picked my phone, my car key and my purse. I was in a hurry to get to the hospital. I met a nurse at the reception and I requested to see my mother but I was told the doctor wants to see me in his office. After so many scolding from Doctor Komolafe who happens to be our family Doctor, he told me my mom's blood pressure has increased and after given me so many warnings 2 months back about my mom's health all he wanted were improvements but unfortunately its getting out of hands. I asked him to let me see her but he said she can't see anyone yet. I felt guilty within me knowing that I caused my mom's poor state of health. I went back to the reception pacing up and down waiting for me to be told my mom can now have visitors.
After my 2hours of waiting, praying, crying and thinking I was finally told to go in and see her. I was devastated and I couldn't help but feel guilty. "mom I'm sorry" was all I could mutter beneath my breath. She felt sorry for me too.

My name is Aderola Adeola, I'm 33years the only female child of my parents. I was born into a family where four boys were already waiting for my arrival. My dad passed on when I was 3years I barely recognize him but for pictures and my eldest brother look exactly like father. My dad was rich and he made sure he settled everyone financially before he passed on. We are independent. After I graduated at age 22 I started my own business and at age 30 I was already a multiMillionaire. But I've never been lucky when it comes to guys and I've chosen to be single ever since I got severely heartbroken by my so called fiancé. ever since then I've been happily single but my mom is not convenient with it and she kept on hammering it into my ears that I must get married and that I'm the only one left because my brothers have all settled down. Our last argument turned out bad and that's why she's lying helplessly on the hospital bed.

TBC

Queenitee, Akinwale14, Hadampson, Lilyjoe567, stephenGee, Devilmaycry, Alamiendagash, Tbrak, slizzyb, creeza, oluwatymylehyn, Ikombe

9 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:37am On May 16, 2017
Another nice story,SurestG U too much muah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2017
If to say u no get boyfriend ni i for don toast u tay tay,even i dey eye u sef grin
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 11:46am On May 16, 2017
I have arrived. Where am I going to sit?
Lemme invite my people
Adesina12
Harameede99 (been long bestie)
Ladysuperb ahn ahn
Hadampson
Samysmoothfresh are you still on NL
Rachealfst sis mi
Evajael oya come and use this story to relax

Mean while, I need popcorn and Hennessey

1 Like

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2017
queenitee:
Lemme invite my people
Adesina12
Ladysuperb ahn ahn
Hadampson
Rachealfst sis mi

U sure say u fit eat Popcorn and Hennessey?
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 11:53am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
U sure say u fit eat Popcorn and Hennessey?
Yes nah. Popcorn first, then use Hennessey to relax
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2017
SurestG more update abeg before i vex slap queenitee lol
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 11:59am On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
If to say u no get boyfriend ni i for don toast u tay tay,even i dey eye u sef grin
lol
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:00pm On May 16, 2017
queenitee:

Yes nah. Popcorn first, then use Hennessey to relax
But Hennessey na ogogoro nah
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 12:04pm On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
SurestG more update abeg before i vex slap queenitee lol
SurestG come and update oo. Yee lemme cover my face. I cover my face with the blood of Jesus. Lol
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2017
queenitee:

SurestG come and update oo. Yee lemme cover my face. I cover my face with the blood of Jesus. Lol
Fear fear i no fit slap u just joking lol
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by EvaJael(f): 12:33pm On May 16, 2017
queenitee:
Lemme invite my people
Adesina12
Ladysuperb ahn ahn
Hadampson
Rachealfst sis mi

Thanks for the mention dear
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 12:39pm On May 16, 2017
CONTINUATION

I went home to get her some food and called my brothers inform them about our mother's state of health. I was the only one in Nigeria so I will be the one to take care of her. I finished the cooking and dished the food into a flask, I blended some fruits to make juice for her. I called my manager to tell him I will be off work for some days pending the time my mom will get back to her feet so he can control everything on my behalf. I got to the hospital, parked my car at the parking lot. I picked up the basket that was sitting at the back seat and went into the hospital. I bumped into someone and only said sorry without looking back at the person, I was so in a hurry. I got to the ward where mom was admitted and fortunately she was awake. I spoon fed her, she was only able to eat little and the fruit juice and I'm very sure that will be sufficient for her medicine. In no time she slept off. I went to sit at the reception so that I won't disturb her sleep. I was on a call when I noticed someone was staring at me I was through with the call and the person was still staring so I stopped looking at his direction. I thought that was all not until I noticed him coming towards me, I stood and walked towards the parking lot he was still following me. I would have drove out instantly but my car key and my purse were left in the basket I brought which was in mom's ward. So there was no point in running from him. I summoned courage and spoke up.

"I noticed you've been staring at me for a while now and u even followed me out here, any problem?"

" not at all, I've been looking at you since you came in here earlier today, at some point you were crying, pacing up and down and when you were coming in with food you bumped into and you didn't seem to care" he said

"I said sorry earlier so just let me be for now, I don't need any more drama in my life for now" I said leaving him where he was standing. With that I hoped he would just let me be but I was mistaken.

later that day I went into the doctor's office to ask for the latest update about mom's health. He insisted on talking to my brothers to so he called them and conferenced the call, they were all listening to the doctor at the same time . The doctor proposed she stays off stress for a very long while and anything that will make her think excessively with that the call was brought to an end. He told me mom was responding to the treatment so I became relieved because I can't stand loosing my mother. She's been the best thing that as ever happened to me. She is my confidant, helper, best friend, soulmate name it. She would be set for discharge in 5days she still need to be observed by the doctor.

Akinwale14

4 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by ladySuperb(f): 12:42pm On May 16, 2017
queenitee:
I have arrived. Where am I going to sit? Lemme invite my people Adesina12 Harameede99 (been long bestie) Ladysuperb ahn ahn Hadampson Samysmoothfresh are you still on NL Rachealfst sis mi Evajael oya come and use this story to relax
My dear what's up!!! wetin happen nah... .
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 12:59pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG Too Short nah

2 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 1:46pm On May 16, 2017
ladySuperb:

My dear what's up!!!
wetin happen nah... .
I just dey o, be like say d tori go sweet
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2017
Mah watch,am tired of typing
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:02pm On May 16, 2017

I stayed at the hospital with mom everyday I only go home to freshen up and prepare something for her to eat. I couldn't avoid seeing the man whom I bumped into so I had to be friendly enough with him I started noticing he was a nice man, we got talking and he told me a lot about him, we exchanged numbers. His name is Chukwuemeka but he told me he preferred Chuks

After 6days mom was discharged from the hospital, I had to go stay with her at home so I took some of my things and went to our house, the maids and servants won't be able to keep her company as me. Mom was back to her normal and radiant self and we both avoid anything that would be detrimental to her health. 2weeks after her discharge one of my brother said she should come to Canada for a brief visit at least to ease her off the stresses she face here. That was an opportunity for me to go back to my house and face my business squarely without having to worry again.

The man at the hospital became an history. I was at one of my supermarkets one day when I saw a familiar figure, this person was looking at me too and later he walked up to me.

"you are...Adeola right?" he said

"yes but I don't think I remember this face" she said

"we met at the hospital 6months back but lost your contact, nice meeting you again"

"you must be chuks" she said amusingly

"you are here to shop right? Let it be on me" he said

with a smile on her face"no, its one of my supermarkets, I came here to see how things have been since its been long I came here"

"wow, you such an hardworking woman, my type of woman, this is my card" he said handing it to her.

It felt awkward when I wanted to put a call across to him the following day but I shrugged and did, we fixed a time for lunch that same day.

Our friendship blossomed and we became best of friends. I never bothered to visit his home, I felt it would be so indecent of me so during the 5months of our friendship I never cared to visit.

Mom called me one day and our former discussions ensued, I told her I've gotten a man that we were still trying to see if we would be compatible. Hmmmm! I lied, he hasn't ever asked me out, I was only wishing he does. Mom was happy and said she would come home very soon because she must meet the man.

2 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG 5 Goldberg for u,u too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:10pm On May 16, 2017
Lemme quickly charge my phone so that I can post on the two threads. Thanks for following. Queenitee I sight you wella. its gon be an interesting story
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG:
Lemme quickly charge my phone so that I can post on the two threads. Thanks for following. Queenitee I sight you wella. its gon be an interesting story
Wat abt me? na only Queenitee u see abi, am jealous infact am going lol
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 2:27pm On May 16, 2017
Akinwale14:
Wat abt me? na only Queenitee u see abi, am jealous infact am going lol
no vex na, nepa sef don carry their light go, I just pray they say make them bring am make I use am updated. Akinwale14 I tuale for you joor
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by queenitee(f): 5:03pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG:
I'm not going anywhere. Akinwale14, no vex oo
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by rachealfst(f): 6:56pm On May 16, 2017
Following sis, more strength and inspiration. Who will I sit with oooo.....
Yes queenitee, shift for me please. And thanks for the invite.
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 16, 2017
I wasn't called but I am here
High table sef cheesy
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2017
queenitee:
I'm not going anywhere. Akinwale14, no vex oo
No p
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2017
SurestG:
no vex na, nepa sef don carry their light go, I just pray they say make them bring am make I use am updated. Akinwale14 I tuale for you joor
No p my sis

1 Like

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:06pm On May 16, 2017
Rachealfst (amiable sis) queenitee, Akinwale14, Iemfava. Thank you all

CHAPTER 2

I sat down at my mini-bar sipping wine from a cup and thinking about Chuks. To me, everything seemed perfect about him, I started developing feelings for him ever since he told me about himself. Chuks was indeed down to earth, he seem to have everything I crave for in a guy, handsome, fair, modest, caring and respects me and infact he is man enough because he doesn't allow my wealth to intimidate him. He visited my house 4 times in those 5months of our friendship. So I sat down imagining what a future with him will be like, having my kids for him. I haven't felt this way in a long time but I can't bring myself to tell him about my feelings(trynna protect my ego).
Chuks decided to mark 6months of our friendship. I chose one of my restaurants for the event. The day came real faster than I had anticipated. I went for a simple a yellow sleeveless long dinner gown, a black ankle strap shoe and a small black channel purse, checked myself out in the mirror and I was satisfied with what I saw. The yellow gown really complemented my chocolate skin colour. Even though my dress was simple I made sure he would not resist me.
What I met made me speechless. A cake was delivered to our table, and our orders were taken unknown to me that he had got everything covered. After so much chitchat we both cut the cake, he gave me a portion and I was about using my cutlery when I felt something metallic is in the cake. With anger I called on the waiter who brought the cake and started ranting, chuks was just looking at me. I wanted to flare up but I calmed down when I felt his touch on my hands.

"Adeola, will you make me the happiest man by becoming my wife and the mother of my kids?"

2 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:07pm On May 16, 2017
rachealfst:
Following sis, more strength and inspiration. Who will I sit with oooo.....
Yes queenitee, shift for me please. And thanks for the invite.
thanks for honoring the invite

1 Like

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2017
Thumbs up
Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by SurestG(f): 8:38pm On May 16, 2017
I needed water, I started sweating profusely inside a full AC restaurant, I gulped down the cup of champagne before me, I still needed the water. The waiter who was still standing there watching left and came back with a bottled water and cup, I didn't use the cup I drank till my stomach made sounds. Was I dreaming? Chuks was observing, he knew I was not myself so he allowed me to cool down and repeated himself

"YES, YES, YES I will" I screamed for joy not minding I was attracting attentions

He swept me off my feet and gave me a kiss that I couldn't resist."If I'm dreaming please just wake me" I said. He kissed my lips and told me its real.

I was so overwhelmed that my dream had finally came true. my mother was to come back that weekend and I finally had the nerves to tell her her prayers had been answered, I didn't bother to call her. I had wanted to call Jolayemi, my childhood friend to tell her about my new status but I know she wouldn't be impressed because I have suffered a lot in the hands of men but I finally summoned the courage to the call her because I couldn't bare to hide things from her. Contrary to my thoughts she was happier than I was and wished me so well. She had been out of the country with her family on a vacation and was to come back in a week time.

I became the latest talk on Magazines and newspaper. My brothers called to congratulate me. What more could I ask for. I proposed to meet his family, they were nice set of people loving and caring, all I felt was that I was in the right place.

Mama Adeola's joy knew no bound, my introduction and Engagement came up the same day, a month after the proposal and my white wedding came up a month after the Engagement. I had pleaded with my mother and my fiancé to make the wedding a private affair. My mother and Brothers were present, my eldest brother didn't let me feel the absence of dad. Jolayemi was my Chief bridesmaid at the registry.
Everything happened so fast and I had a feeling that my Joy is complete until reality dawned on me.

2 Likes

Re: DECEIT (short Story) By Amponsem Akosua by Akinwale14(m): 9:46pm On May 16, 2017
"until reality dawned on me" Wetin happen?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC:Sexcapades of a youth corper / The 130 Titles Of The Pacesetters Series / Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.