Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. (3716 Views)

I Think Bet9ja Is Not Reliable / Bet9ja Is Overrated! Nairabet Is The King Of Odds / Bet9ja Is Yet To Pay Me My N90000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 16, 2017
I place a bet on Sharapova, Maria vs Lucic-Baroni, Mirjana tennis.
The game was tied on 1-1.
They started third set and Sharapova retired. Actually I placed Sharapova to win and I expect the bet to be void since she retired and the match is inconclusive just like abandoned football match.
To my surprise bet9ja declared my bet lost.
Punters in the house, are they right with their decision? Cos am going to explore all avenue to get the fact. My money is involved.
Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by gmajor10(m): 10:44pm On May 16, 2017
chyy5:
They started third set and Sharapova retired. Actually I placed Sharapova to win and I expect the bet to be void since she retired and the match is inconclusive just like abandoned football match.
Punters in the house, are they right with their decision? Cos am going to explore all avenue to get the fact. My money is involved.

Hello brother, I initially ignored your post but had to come back and help you clarify the situation. In tennis and basketball as you know, there is nothing like draw, there most be a winner. Hence, Sharapova retiring simply means she pulled out, thereby forfeiting the match. In essence her opponent will advance to the next round, so basically she lost. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by nelsonebby(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2017
gmajor10:

Hello brother, I initially ignored your post but had to come back and help you clarify the situation. In tennis and basketball as you know, there is nothing like draw, there most be a winner. Hence, Sharapova retiring simply means she pulled out, thereby forfeiting the match. In essence her opponent will advance to the next round, so basically she lost. Hope this helps.
she didn't lose. the bet will be voided
Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by gmajor10(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2017
nelsonebby:

she didn't lose. the bet will be voided

She lost, in tennis if you do not complete match for any personal reason you forfeit. Hence the opponent wins.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by Tochex101(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2017
OP,
Different companies have different rules as regards tennis betting. In nairabet for instance if any player retires d bet is voided and all bets are cancelled regardless of who is winning, but from your write up it means bet9jas policy is to count d scores immediately before retirement. If sharapova had won the first set and her opponent had retired during the second, the final score would had read sharapova 1-0 (meaning you won.) The point is not all bookies void all bets on retirement
Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 17, 2017
Thanks everyone. Is just unfair for Bet9ja. They were just so fast to paint it red. Never knew about this. I taught it supposed to be void.
Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by nelsonebby(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2017
gmajor10:

She lost, in tennis if you do not complete match for any personal reason you forfeit. Hence the opponent wins.
If u say so. I dont really know much about it.
Re: I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. by sunnysunny69(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2017
chyy5:
most betting companies follows this rule.

(1) (Reply)

Report: Caster Semenya A Hermaphrodite / Today's Sure Games / My 2-3 Odds Prediction With 101% Accuracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.