Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,543 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? (2079 Views)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 7:55am On May 17, 2017
Over time this question has piqued my curiosity because having seen that most wealthy men of God today were once poor and of course, from poor background.

Many of their followers always say they make their money through the grace of God, while others quote 1 Corinthians 9:13:

"Don't you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?"

While many will say men of God make their money through tithes, offering, sowing of seeds etc.

So I'm wondering which of the above is true?

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by DivinelyBlessed: 7:59am On May 17, 2017
Gifts and donations
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2017
Books and other investments.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by cidieschat(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2017
By robbing God of tithes and offerings

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 8:03am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Books and other investments.
But where did they get the money to invest and publish books? They don't earn salary, do they? And if they earn, how much?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
But where did they get the money to invest and publish books? They don't earn salary, do they? And if they earn, how much?

For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God (1 Thess. 2:9).

Some pastors actually have jobs alongside the ministerial work. Tithes, offerings, gifts are other ways in which the church gets income.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by FTBOY: 8:33am On May 17, 2017
some men of God are corporate workers, others have private businesses they do at their free time...i know a lot of men who were already rich before they became pastors. full time pastors and ministers feed from the gifts they receive from members of their churches. so, if a wealthy member decides to buy a house, a private jet and fleet of cars for his pastor it's no man's business. these guys have dedicated their lives to the service of God and you don't expect them to go hungry. in fact, it's the obligation of the congregation to ensure that the dedicated man of God serving them never lacks in his basic needs. Christ never had a job but he and his disciples still fed.

however, men of God who make money from tithes and church donations are THIEVES and they will answer their call on the Judgment Day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 9:47am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:

For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God (1 Thess. 2:9).

Some pastors actually have jobs alongside the ministerial work. Tithes, offerings, gifts are other ways in which the church gets income.
But the majority don't. They're the ones who drive fancy cars and fly private jets. So it still boils down to how they make their money.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
But the majority don't. They're the ones who drive fancy cars and fly private jets. So it still boils down to how they make their money.
I disagree with that. Majority of pastors do NOT drive fancy cars and fly private Jets.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:

Baffles me ... it's like a business pastors and churches

Personal think its the offering ! Serious the amount of money pumped in for signs and wonders is ridiculous ..
and who seek these signs n wonders the most? The poor , those suffering looking for something to make life meaningful.. brainwashed
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 9:59am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
I disagree with that. Majority of pastors do NOT drive fancy cars and fly private Jets.
I understand what you're saying. By my saying 'majority' I mean majority of the wealthy ones.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 10:01am On May 17, 2017
Bumbae1:

Baffles me ... it's like a business pastors and churches

Personal think its the offering ! Serious the amount of money pumped in for signs and wonders is ridiculous ..
and who seek these signs n wonders the most? The poor , those suffering looking for something to make life meaningful.. brainwashed
Hmmm. You have a point.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 10:19am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
I understand what you're saying. By my saying 'majority' I mean majority of the wealthy ones.
No need to explain what you meant. All you needed to do was rephrase.

You've been asking the questions and I'd like to ask you one if you don't mind before we proceed.

Are you trying to determine if the pastors got their wealth illegally?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 10:42am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
No need to explain what you meant. All you needed to do was rephrase.

You've been asking the questions and I'd like to ask you one if you don't mind before we proceed.

Are you trying to determine if the pastors got their wealth illegally?
Not really. I want to know how they make their money. I find it a bit off that a person who doesn't have any viable means of income can become rich over a given period of time.

I'm sure you know the majority are not gainfully employed. Though they're entrepreneurs and the likes... but still, how did they get the money they use in starting their various businesses?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Not really. I want to know how they make their money. I find it a bit off that a person who doesn't have any viable means of income can become rich over a given period of time.

I'm sure you know the majority are not gainfully employed. Though they're entrepreneurs and the likes... but still, how did they get the money they use in starting their various businesses?
Ok. Come to church and find out.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 10:48am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Ok. Come to church and find out.
So if I don't come to church I won't find out? Is that it? This is your answer to a very potent question?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:07am On May 17, 2017
They have their own businesses , they are authors of books , people cheerfully give them huge sums of money and gifts . I was told that a very powerful man of God is being given 1m ( a month or so ) for feeding - its gona run for 10 years . God did something great for the giver and she is repaying God by sowing into the life of His servant .

Your tithes and offerings you are obsessed with are given to the less privileged in church you ignore and used also to maintain the Church . If the church is big enough , branches in need of money are given financial support . The money can used also for the expansion of the church , evangelism , care for the church's pastors etc .
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 11:13am On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:
They have their own businesses , they are authors of books, people cheerfully give them huge sums of money and gifts . I was told that a very powerful man of God is being given 1m ( a month or so ) for feeding - its gona run for 10 years . God did something great for the giver and she is repaying God by sowing into the life of His servant .

Your tithes and offerings you are obsessed about are given to the less privileged in church you ignore and used also to maintain the Church . If the church is big enough , branches in need of money are offered financial support . The money can used also for the expansion of the church , evangelism , care of the church's pastors etc .
I'm more curious how they came about the money used in establishing their own businesses and where they got the money to publish books? Remember, not all men of God write books.

If tithes and offering are given to the less privilege in the church, how come many still come and beg for money, that is, both offline and online.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:16am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
I'm more curious how they came about the money used in establishing their own businesses and where they got the money to publish books? Remember, not all men of God write books.

Most of them have successful businesses before becoming pastors as per answering God's call .

If tithes and offering are given to the less privilege in the church, how come many still come and beg for money, that is, both offline and online.

Not all men of God are financially intelligent . 'My people perish for lack of knowledge'
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
So if I don't come to church I won't find out? Is that it? This is your answer to a very potent question?
Your question has already been answered but I will repeat it since you weren't paying attention.

1. Investments.
2. Employment.
3. Gifts.
4. Tithes and offerings.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by akintom(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Over time this question has piqued my curiosity because having seen that most wealthy men of God today were once poor and of course, from poor background.

Many of their followers always say they make their money through the grace of God, while others quote 1 Corinthians 9:13:

"Don't you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?"

While many will say men of God make their money through tithes, offering, sowing of seeds etc.

So I'm wondering which of the above is true?

Most of them that claimed to be full-time pastor, made their money through lies and fraud.

Bishop Oyedepo once said;

"I'm blessed by God, without any investment under heaven".

But that is a lie. Oyedepo owns DOMI, real estate investment and shares in Blue chip companies.

He suggests to his sheeples, to dash (sow seed) him money, as that will be a point of contact, for a "financial breakthrough" for the sheeples.

This gimmicks, goes for others like him.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 11:24am On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Your question has already been answered but I will repeat it since you weren't paying attention.

1. Investments.
2. Employment.
3. Gifts.
4. Tithes and offerings.
Answered by who or whom? So you're telling me a man who isn't gainfully employed can churn out money to invest?

Like I said, where did he get the money from,
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 11:27am On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Most of them have successful businesses before becoming pastors as per answering God's call.
Most of them? Like who and who? From the pictures I've seen of many of them, they had absolutely zelch. That is, nada. So my question still remains..

Not all men of God are financially intelligent . 'My people perish for lack of knowledge'
Yet many still drive flashy cars and fly private jets?

Yes indeed, "my people perish because of lack of knowledge".
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 11:31am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Answered by who or whom? So you're telling me a man who isn't gainfully employed can churn out money to invest?

Like I said, where did he get the money from,
You are not a serious human being. You woke up early in the morning with obviously nothing to do than to create a thread to ask where pastors get their money from. As if you don't know.

If you are so concerned and really want to be the good citizen you are pretending to be, you can ask the EFCC to investigate them. I can give you their contact so that you can at least do something meaningful this morning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:36am On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Most of them? Like who and who? From the pictures I've seen of many of them, they had absolutely zelch. That is, nada. So my question still remains..

Do you know all Men of God and their histories ? I know lots of men of God and their stories , so I'm talking based on the knowledge of their experiences .

Yet many still drive flashy cars and fly private jets?

There are thousands of Nigerian men of God . Can you name all that fly private jets and drive flashy cars ? Or aint you committing the hasty generalization fallacy ? The men of God I've gotten close enough to don't live flamboyant lives . They do things moderately .

Yes indeed, "my people perish because of lack of knowledge".

Of course
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 12:41pm On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
You are not a serious human being. You woke up early in the morning with obviously nothing to do than to create a thread to ask where pastors get their money from. As if you don't know.

If you are so concerned and really want to be the good citizen you are pretending to be, you can ask the EFCC to investigate them. I can give you their contact so that you can at least do something meaningful this morning.
Em, please don't sound off, you're having a QnA session, aren't we?

So why the slight jab, eh? The answer I have to this question is what I'm trying to see if it's different from others. So I wonder why you're sounding off?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Em, please don't sound off, you're having a QnA session, aren't we?

So why the slight jab, eh? The answer I have to this question is what I'm trying to see if it's different from others. So I wonder why you're sounding off?
Tell us your answer.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 12:46pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Do you know all Men of God and their histories ? I know lots of men of God and their stories , so I'm talking based on the knowledge of their experiences.
I don't know every man of God out there, what i'm focused on is the ones here in Nigeria, not abroad.

So, please indulge me with the history of the men of God you know, that is the ones in Nigeria.

There are thousands of Nigerian men of God . Can you name all that fly private jets and drive flashy cars ? Or aint you committing the hasty generalization fallacy ? The men of God I've gotten close enough to don't live flamboyant lives . They do things moderately
Oh really, how nice. Kindly help me with their names and their ministry. All we see are the ones who live flamboyant lives.

The only one I can name is Tunde Bakare.

Of course
*Thumbs up.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 12:51pm On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Tell us your answer.

Below is my answer. So is it bad I decided to get a contrary view? You kinda made it seem like it's bad from the way you sound before.

akintom:

Most of them that claimed to be full-time pastor, made their money through lies and fraud.

Bishop Oyedepo once said;

"I'm blessed by God, without any investment under heaven".

But that is a lie. Oyedepo owns DOMI, real estate investment and shares in Blue chip companies.

He suggests to his sheeples, to dash (sow seed) him money, as that will be a point of contact, for a "financial breakthrough" for the sheeples.

This gimmicks, goes for others like him.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:14pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
I don't know every man of God out there, what i'm focused on is the ones here in Nigeria, not abroad.

So, please indulge me with the history of the men of God you know, that is the ones in Nigeria.

So you expect me mention all the pastors I know and tell you their stories because ... ?

Oh really, how nice. Kindly help me with their names and their ministry. All we see are the ones who live flamboyant lives.

Easy . Do pastors of the Lord's Chosen , Redeemed , Mountain of Fire , etc live flamboyant lives ?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:15pm On May 17, 2017
FTBOY:
some men of God are corporate workers, others have private businesses they do at their free time...i know a lot of men who were already rich before they became pastors. full time pastors and ministers feed from the gifts they receive from members of their churches. so, if a wealthy member decides to buy a house, a private jet and fleet of cars for his pastor it's no man's business. they've dedicated their lives to the service of God and you don't expect them to go hungry. in fact, it's the obligation of the congregation to ensure that the dedicated man of God serving them never lacks his basic needs. Christ never had a job but he and his disciples still fed.

however, men of God who make money from tithes and church donations are THIEVES and they will answer their call in the Judgment Day.

I couldn't have said this better .
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 1:16pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

So you expect me mention all the pastors I know and tell you their stories because ... ?
Name the ones you know.

Easy . Do pastors of the Lord's Chosen , Redeemed , Mountain of Fire , etc live flamboyant lives ?
Adeboye has a private jet, doesn't he?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between A Choir MASTER And A Choir MISTRESS Which Do You Prefer? / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.