Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

MUST READ: Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips You Need - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MUST READ: Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips You Need (597 Views)

Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / I Got Pregnant 9 Years Ago, We Have 3 Three Kids:the Law Of Karma Is A Bastard / Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips You Need by saxfreak: 1:10pm On May 17, 2017
There is no doubt that social media play an important role in the life of many young people. Social media is a social instrument of communication, as it is described in the best way. You would agree with me that in this digital age era, social media is one of the most influential platforms ever known. With the exposure that comes with social media, it has become paramount as a parent or guardian, that you show a special interest in your kid's usage of this form of media.

Nowadays, young ones are even the most active people on social media platforms with many having at least being active on one of the platforms. This shows the influential position social media has on young ones especially teenagers. their young age gives a persona of someone who wants information, or wants to be identified with a cause, or wants someone to hear his/her voice or rather wants a sense of connection and belonging to family, friends, and peers online.

Parents certainly have a role to play and have to research and learn about the different social networks their children are using in other to experience the networks firsthand. This are the 6 (Six) Parenting Tips you need to keep your children away from the ugly of social media

Read details here http://edubridge.com.ng/blog/entry/social-media-and-your-kids-the-6-parenting-tips-1

Re: MUST READ: Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips You Need by Janeyinspires(f): 1:55pm On May 18, 2017
saxfreak:
There is no doubt that social media play an important role in the life of many young people. Social media is a social instrument of communication, as it is described in the best way. You would agree with me that in this digital age era, social media is one of the most influential platforms ever known. With the exposure that comes with social media, it has become paramount as a parent or guardian, that you show a special interest in your kid's usage of this form of media.

Nowadays, young ones are even the most active people on social media platforms with many having at least being active on one of the platforms. This shows the influential position social media has on young ones especially teenagers. their young age gives a persona of someone who wants information, or wants to be identified with a cause, or wants someone to hear his/her voice or rather wants a sense of connection and belonging to family, friends, and peers online.

Parents certainly have a role to play and have to research and learn about the different social networks their children are using in other to experience the networks firsthand. This are the 6 (Six) Parenting Tips you need to keep your children away from the ugly of social media

Read details here http://edubridge.com.ng/blog/entry/social-media-and-your-kids-the-6-parenting-tips-1

Saxfreak,you could have....at least...dropped one of the tips to serve as a bait to continue reading by clicking on ya link.Anyways,this topic is very timely,especially for teen parents/guardians.With the rate technology is advancing,parents should be up to check the activities of their kids on social platforms.One can never tell what these teens do with their phone online.Some of these teens can be very secretive.Let me cite an instance.
My teen niece refused adding her parents and big uncles/aunt on FB.Reasons best known to her.But,I wouldn't let it slide.I followed her on FB to keep tabs on her activities there.Again,I sat her down to give her a pep talk on how to behave out there.Now,she knows what should be posted or shared out there.Also,it's never a place to seek self-validation.
Re: MUST READ: Social Media And Your Kids: The 6 Parenting Tips You Need by saxfreak: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2017
I am sorry. I understand. Next time, ill share full insights on my articles

(1) (Reply)

Carryng The Wife Along In Making Family Decisions / What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? / A Wedding To Remember (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.