Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How (584 Views)

JUST IN! 82 Chibok Girls: Red Cross Says It Was Not Involved In Negotiation / “boko Haram Really Took Good Care Of The 82 Chibok Girls, They Look Better” – Ga / 82 Chibok Girls Regain Freedom From Boko Haram Den After 3years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Flashreporters: 4:01pm On May 17, 2017
The recent release of 82 Chibok girls by the militant Islamist group Boko Haram was brokered by a lawyer and founder of the Future Prowess Islamic Foundation, Zannah Mustapha, 57.

Novelist and writer Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani in this report by bbc.com profiles the lawyer who recounted how the breakthrough was accomplished. “One of about seven Boko Haram militants, who accompanied them, went from woman to woman asking: “Throughout the time you were with us, did anyone rape you or touch you?” Mr Mustapha said, adding that each of them replied in the negative.

When Mustapha arrived for the handover, after three years in captivity, a militant read out the girls’ names from a list. One by one, the abducted schoolgirls, now women, lined up along the outskirts of a forest near Kumshe town, on the border between Nigeria and Cameroon.

“I went ahead of the Red Cross. They [the militants] brought the girls to me,” he said, adding that the girls started singing for joy when they got into Red Cross vehicles. Previous negotiation attempts had failed, with different groups coming forward, each claiming to be the militants in possession of the missing schoolgirls.

It was Mr Mustapha who succeeded in convincing the Nigerian authorities that this particular group should be taken for what they say. His role as a mediator dates back to his founding the Future Prowess Islamic Foundation School in 2007, to provide free Islamic-based education to orphans and the poor.

When the Boko Haram insurgency erupted in 2009, the school offered admission to the children of soldiers and government officials killed by the militants, as well as those of militants killed by the state.

He then sought the assistance of the Red Cross (ICRC) which began providing free meals to the pupils. He also encouraged parents to form an association which would reach out to other widows and convince them to send their children to his school.

The ICRC soon extended its humanitarian services to the mothers, providing them free food and other items every month. The Boko Haram saw him and the ICRC as neutral parties.

https://flashreporters.com/2017/05/17/meet-man-brokered-82-chibok-girls-release/

Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Mortiple(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2017
“One of about seven Boko Haram militants, who accompanied them, went from woman to woman asking: “Throughout the time you were with us, did anyone rape you or touch you?” Mr Mustapha said, adding that each of them replied in the negative.

I thought they said some of the girls are now "happily" married to the insurgents ... the reason why they are not willing to return? What about those of them that had babies, how did they get pregnant? grin grin

This Chibok girls abduction saga eekwaa!!! Can you now see why some people still think it is a hoax.

Besides, I think many Nigerians are more interested in knowing THE NUMBER of the insurgents that were released and if possible THEIR NAMES. Who were they released to? What has happened to the remained 114 "yet to be touched" Chibok girls?
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Edopesin: 4:03pm On May 17, 2017
How many times will i see dis post today ehn undecided
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 17, 2017
hold him responsible if the newly released commanders carry out their threats to bomb Abuja and Nigeria
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by sunnysunny69(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2017
Truth will be out soon
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Larryfest(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2017
All this lies go end one day i swear..... A country so full of bad leaders misleading the masses..
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 17, 2017
Does he believes what he's saying?
If yes. kudos to him... but let him know I don't believe him
Re: Meet The Man Who Brokered 82 Chibok Girls Release And How by Authoreety: 7:20am On May 18, 2017
Fa fa faaaaaaaaa.... foul!

I ain't taking non of ds shiiiiiiiiiii

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Arrested For Drowning Church Members During Baptism In Tanzania / How Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore And Oil Traders Allegedly Bribed Diezani / Man Hides N19million Worth Of Tramadol Tablets In Plasma TV (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.