Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . (12481 Views)

New arrivals...Waist trainers, Post Partum Belts And Kiddies. / Wholesale!!! Ladies Gowns, Shoez, Bags, Purses & Belts / Nigerian Girls And Cycling Shorts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by spikedcylinder: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
She reps awa orobo. grin grin grin

Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
Yinkade:

Yeah its nice on slim girls buh on the fat ones hmmm you see their belly dividing into 2 grin
LOL!
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
spikedcylinder:

She reps awa orobo. grin grin grin

abi oh and she sabi dress well well kiss
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by oyinda3(f): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
Yinkade:

Yeah its nice on slim girls buh on the fat ones hmmm you see their belly dividing into 2 grin

On the contrary, I think the belt looks better on curvy/chubby women. like the picture above for example.
on skinny ppl, it looks like they're wearing karate belt 'cause it's too big for them. The belts are wide n quite stylish.
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 11:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
u'r right oyinda,
but i like the belts bigger than what jay hud has on
even though i don't own any tongue
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by spikedcylinder: 11:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
bluespice:

abi oh and she sabi dress well well kiss

You gorrit.

I have one very very similar to what she's wearing here. Same patent leather, colour and design. I'm rocking my thing on friday night sef.
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 12:11am On Jan 14, 2010
rock on mami! wink
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by ghettochyk(f): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2010
omg! Abortion belts? where da heck did that name come from? That sounds horrid. lol!
Well, from tha picks, I guess your referring to corset belts, and I love them. Got plenty of them too. Actually just bought another on yesterday.
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by SwtzMinx(f): 1:52am On Jan 14, 2010
.hmmm. . . .
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by whiteroses(f): 2:26am On Jan 14, 2010
yes i miss them this wnter but roll on next summer, hope they are still in vogue grin they make me feel smart even when my dress is drab
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 14, 2010
Yea I got one of those, havent used it yet though, will come in handy if my girlie ever gets pregnant grin
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by selencious(f): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ive got over 5 large ones, I mean, you right. It looks better on slim ladies than fat ones,  Its gorgeous tho.
BTWN---Its called Corset Belts or just waist belts in the U.S,  Cmon, whats Abortion beltThat sounds nasty
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by ayo84(m): 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
still wondering why theycall them abortion belts
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by chiogo(f): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
^ Maybe because it hides the big belly, making it seem flatter grin
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 6:40am On Jan 16, 2010
~Never counted how many i've got however i do know i have a variety of colours in different Shape,Sizes & Style. . .Leather,Patent,Studded,Metallic,Woven,Chain. .  I even have one a WWE wud be proud of ERh. . . only type i'm not keen on is the Elasticated ones. . .

~I like the Cinch,Sash,Wrap Around/Buckle. . .Skinny,Wide,Medium to Huge

~Cinch ~

~Different types of Waist belts~
[img]http://shopyourcloset.files./2009/04/azzedine-alaia-inspired-belts.jpg[/img]

~Red Wrap-Around Sash
[img]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=5971179[/img]

~Posh~

~Kim
[img]http://2.bp..com/_vyCf6z7uw8E/SamEhDkawoI/AAAAAAAAjJM/GX_ufmbw1EM/s400/JHGFGFGHF.jpg[/img]
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 6:53am On Jan 16, 2010
ooooh i like the double buckled red one
and the first one
ooooh i really like posh's too
seems like it will do a wonderful job of providing a good silhouette wink
pretty pretty
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2010
ayo84:

still wondering why theycall them abortion belts

~I wondered the same the first time i heard "Abortion Belt" while on vacation back home. . .that was after having a right laff first! Of all the names!!. . .I was just as surprised to read it on here on another thread! For some reason i reckoned it was only called so back home!

~ I did ask how the moniker came about but no one i asked seemed to know . . only speculations . . the one thing that always kept coming up was how tightly the belt was worn either under the bust or on top of the tummy. . .It's enuff to sufforcate a Fetus. . .apparently!! A hem. . You Do Not have the Right To Quote Me On That!. . .
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2010
bluespice:

ooooh i like the double buckled red one
and the first one
ooooh i really like posh's too
seems like it will do a wonderful job of providing a good silhouette wink

pretty pretty

~Yup!! Ready to buy your first "Abortion Belt?"
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2010
tee hee hee
once i get somn to wear it with, i'll buy one tongue
i'll most definitely buy black (i know myself) and considering the fact that all my dresses (gowns) are black. . . .  grin
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I have like 15 or more of them. They help in organising 'stuff'.
Thank you. cheesy

~ I cant single out which had me in a fit more. . the "Thank You" or "Organising Stuff"

~Do you have any preference as to the Style/Shape/Size? Do you use them as much? Be posting pics l8r. . .
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2010
bluespice:

tee hee hee
once i get somn to wear it with, i'll buy one tongue
i'll most definitely buy black (i know myself) and considering the fact that all my dresses (gowns) are black. . . .  grin

~Okies. . Black is good. . . Still not keen on experiementing w/ colours?
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by spikedcylinder: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2010
bluespice:

rock on mami! wink

Ehn! wink tongue

mohawkchic:

~ I cant single out which had me in a fit more. . the "Thank You" or "Organising Stuff"

~Do you have any preference as to the Style/Shape/Size? Do you use them as much? Be posting pics l8r. . .

Lol, don't mind me.
I do have a preference o. I like the cinch waist ones, the wide belts, the huge ones with double buckles/huge buckles. I'm loving the blue one you posted above, where is it from?
Those elsatic ones do NOTHING for me. Instead, they aggravate the situation giving me a miss potato appearance. angry grin
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2010
i do want to,
its just that i always end up buying black tongue
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2010
I don't remember "belts" when I go shopping. I like it when it see it on others but it never comes as a necessity for me. In fact I have only one belt and it's just your normal belt for pants. undecided tongue
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Outstrip(f): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2010
I honestly have more belts than I can count off the top of my head but if I wear to make a rough guess I will say maybe 15 of the wide ones. I have a few skinny ones but I have only ever worn those when I wear my pencil skirt
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Outstrip(f): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin
went back and counted and I actually counted 11 and why they are mostly black I don't know. I have 1 red that I also have in black, 1 gold kimono sash (I actually got that one on ebay), a couple with the oversized buckle and some simple wide ones. I only wear a few of them regularly. I think I am going through an accessories evolution though. Not to divert the thread it seems lately I either want to carry a clutch or carry nothing at all. I am wondering if maybe because my boys are a little older now and they can carry their own stuff in their back packs I am now actually dressing for myself. I actually forced myself to carry this beautiful oversized framed purse that I used to adore. Yes o I said forced LOL
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 12:00am On Jan 17, 2010
Outstrip:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
went back and counted and I actually counted 11 and why they are mostly black I don't know. I have 1 red that I also have in black, 1 gold kimono sash (I actually got that one on ebay), a couple with the oversized buckle and some simple wide ones. I only wear a few of them regularly. I think I am going through an accessories evolution though.

~I rummaged thro my collection taking pics too after seeing the thread earlier today. . gave me a chance to dig them put out of boxes. . .but most of all realise i havent worn 90% of them. . .only worn a selected few. . rest are still in tags. . be sharing pics in a moment. . .

Outstrip:

Not to divert the thread it seems lately I either want to carry a clutch or carry nothing at all. I am wondering if maybe because my boys are a little older now and they can carry their own stuff in their back packs I am now actually dressing for myself. I actually forced myself to carry this beautiful oversized framed purse that I used to adore. Yes o I said forced LOL

~I can totally relate to that feeling. . was the same for me after coming out the other end of carrying baby bags. . .Soon,you wont have to force yorself. . it'll be so natural picking up a clutch on the go!!

~Feeling you on the oversized clutch. . i'm into the rectanglar shaped ones. . .
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 12:39am On Jan 17, 2010
~If anythiing,i think the point that went home was i am an Excessive Buyer!I doubt anyone was "Home" to acknowledge it tho. . .

Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2010
~

Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2010
^^^Now this is just called "Addiction". grin grin grin grin
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by mohawkchic(f): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2010
. . Erh. . . ERm. . .I Agree Wholeheartedly!!
Re: Girls And "Abortion" Belts. . . by bluespice(f): 1:39am On Jan 17, 2010
wow cheesy

addiction is an understatement cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extreme Hair Growth At Last (with Pics) / Latest Ankara Long Gown Styles 2017-2018 / ~ B In The "KNOW" Links To Stores~ Apparels N Accessories~ For Men & Women ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.