Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,644 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) (2889 Views)

This N44m Mercedes X-class Looks Like A Maybach (photos) / Mercedes Displays New Police Vehicles, Including X-class Truck / Mercedes Benz X Class Pickup Unveiled (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 12:29am On May 18, 2017
Mercedes Benz is set to roll out its first ever pick up .

The Pickup.. Built in partnership with Nissan... will share same platform with Nissan Frontier.

Prototypes are already being tested.

If the pickup enters Nigeria, Toyota Hilux will certainly feel its pinch. angry grin

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2017
The specially constructed suspension with wide axles, a five-link rear axle with coil springs, and a precisely calibrated spring/damper set-up will ensure a high ride comfort – on the road and off the road. The pickup bearing the three-pointed star will impress with precise steering, a comfortable ride, and agile cornering. It will absorb bumps in a superior fashion, making it a perfect fit for the urban environment.

As is the norm for Mercedes-Benz, customers of the X-Class will be able to choose from different equipment scopes to customise the exterior and interior.

Variety will likewise distinguish the engine range. The top-of-the-line model will be powered by a V6 diesel in combination with 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive. The high-torque engine will provide high driving dynamics on the road and off the road. The all-wheel-drive system will combine an electronic traction system, a transfer case with reduction gear, and two differential locks. The traction system and the electrically operated on-demand differential locks channel the power to where traction is best.

Under extreme off-road conditions, the rear differential and the inter-axle differential can be locked. This will make it possible to safely master difficult obstacles and inclines. The powerful drive system and the tough ladder-type frame will make a payload of more than 1.1 tonnes and a towing capacity of up to 3.5 tonnes possible. Enough power for transporting some four cubic metres of firewood on the pickup bed and a sail boat hooked up to the trailer coupling, for example.

Thanks to the tried and proven modular strategy, a host of interior components that customers know and appreciate from the C-Class and V-Class will be found in the X-Class – from the perfectly finished high-quality materials and the infotainment system to the ergonomic seating comfort. As a result, the pickup will offer the “welcome home” feeling typical of the brand, and define a new level of comfort and value appeal in the segment of mid-size pickups.

Source: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/mercedes-benz-concept-x-class/

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by bsideboii(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2017
Wow...nice ride.I will love to own one. How come dis is not on FP yet?

Oh..U are not autojosh or Autoreportsng.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by sonety2k(m): 2:49pm On May 20, 2017
Powerful Machine
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by mayor2013: 9:55pm On May 20, 2017
Error with Nissan cry
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by diportivo: 10:11pm On May 20, 2017
bsideboii:
Wow...nice ride.I will love to own one.
How come dis is not on FP yet?

Oh..U are not autojosh or Autoreportsng.

grin
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by nurey(m): 8:09am On May 21, 2017
Toyota hilux
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier/navara
Ford ranger/Mazda B series
Mitsubishi L200
Honda Ridgeline

So because it has a Benz badge it will shunt to the front of the line without due process. grin I like to see Benz make the history

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by nurey(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2017
Toyota hilux
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier/navara
Mitsubishi L200
Honda Ridgeline

So because it has a Benz badge it will shunt to the front of the line without following due process? It doesn't work like that besides this market is too choked up, the added advantage is their partnering with Nissan.

But I like to see Benz make history
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by diportivo: 4:18pm On May 21, 2017
nurey:
Toyota hilux
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier/navara
Mitsubishi L200
Honda Ridgeline

So because it has a Benz badge it will shunt to the front of the line without following due process? It doesn't work like that besides this market is too choked up, the added advantage is their partnering with Nissan.

ofcos it won't "enter front" na

na beans? grin

besides,it will be costlier than the average hilux,l200 and ranger that people buy brand new here

mayor2013:
Error with Nissan cry

Nissan na error

a whole Nissan shocked
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 6:18am On Jun 01, 2017
nurey:
Toyota hilux
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier/navara
Mitsubishi L200
Honda Ridgeline

Trust brand name.....

People who will buy the pick up won't be buying it with mindset that it is super rugged.

The same reason folks buy G-wagon will be the compelling factor.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 6:25am On Jun 01, 2017
mayor2013:
Error with Nissan cry

Nissan Trucks/SUVs are very reliable.

Their Sedan segment though is a different cup of tea.

I can buy a Pathfinder, Xterra or frontier with my eyes closed... cool wink

But I can't try that sh!t with Altima/Maxima angry

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by timifakay(m): 7:49am On Jun 01, 2017
I doubt the shared platform with Nissan statement.
I hustle read that it will have the ladder-type frame, which is the same kind of frame Nissan Navara has. But I don't know if it's design patented by Nissan...

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 8:37am On Jun 01, 2017
timifakay:
I doubt the shared platform with Nissan statement.
I hustle read that it will have the ladder-type frame, which is the same kind of frame Nissan Navara has. But I don't know if it's design patented by Nissan...

mayor2013:
Error with Nissan cry

Fortunately... It's not only Benz that is partnering with Nissan to build pick ups.

Renault revealed the production version of the Alaskan Pickup Concept which will be based on the current Navara platform
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by timifakay(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2017
oweniwe:

Fortunately... It's not only Benz that is partnering with Nissan to build pick ups.

Renault revealed the production version of the Alaskan Pickup Concept which will be based on the current Navara platform

I saw the Renault Alaskan and Nissan Navara report too- in a blogpost.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by Exponental(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2017
oweniwe:
Mercedes Benz is set to roll out its first ever pick up .

The Pickup.. Built in partnership with Nissan... will share same platform with Nissan Frontier.

Prototypes are already being tested.

If the pickup enters Nigeria, Toyota Hilux will certainly feel its pinch. angry grin
Elegance and luxury ........ Hilux will bow, but "RUGGEDNESS"? No one like it! Ask the Nigeria Police!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Exponental:

Elegance and luxury ........ Hilux will bow, but "RUGGEDNESS"? No one like it! Ask the Nigeria Police!!!!

Go to police command hqs /barracks and see plenty broken down Hilux.

Maybe that was why the EX police DG opted to buy Nissan for the Police instead of Hilux
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by Exponental(m): 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
oweniwe:

Go to police command hqs /barracks and see plenty broken down Hilux.

Maybe that was why the EX police DG opted to buy Nissan for the Police instead of Hilux
I believe Nissan gave a better deal. Change of taste is not a crime either but I tell you, no pickup like hilux!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Exponental:

I believe Nissan gave a better deal. Change of taste is not a crime either but I tell you, no pickup like hilux!

I've witnessed it personally.

After heavy rain... On a sloppy road under construction with slippery laterite.... Other cars got struck. Papa simply engaged the auxiliary gear and the Hilux flew out of the mud. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by Originalsly: 7:09am On Jun 02, 2017
oweniwe:

Trust brand name.....

People who will buy the pick up won't be buying it with mindset that it is super rugged.

The same reason folks buy G-wagon will be the compelling factor.
So on point! .... Hi lux buyers don't ever consider buying G Wagons... nor would consider buying the new wagon... wouldn't make sense in their real world. Outside Nigeria... think will be pretty much the same..... need a rugged and powerful pickup then the best selling Ford F150 will be the one.
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oweniwe(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
^^ The X class is mid size pick up... More like Tacoma

F-150 is V8 ... And bigger too.

Not the X class's category
Re: Mercedes Benz X-class (pick Up) by oseiwe(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Finally, a truck to buy! agbero and govt officials in nigeria will no let person drive hilux as personal vehicle in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Picnic Auto!! Urgent Sale @600k !! Serious Buyers Plz - / Honda Accord Ball Joint Pulled Out On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Electric Motorcycle And Electric Bicycle The Future.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.