Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

My Healthhelpline: Causes And Prevention Of Kidney Failure - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Healthhelpline: Causes And Prevention Of Kidney Failure (381 Views)

Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / Pepsi Truck Crashes After A Brake Failure, This Morning, In Agbani, Enugu / Get Rid Of Kidney Problems,you Know Even Cancer Is A Kidney Disease Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Healthhelpline: Causes And Prevention Of Kidney Failure by MyHH: 7:40am On May 18, 2017
Do you know what causes Kidney Failure? That’s okay, we know and are here to share with you the most common causes of this horrible disease

First, we'll explain what kidney failure is.

Kidney Failure is also known as End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). When a person gets to that point of ESRD, it means that their kidneys can no longer perform its function of removing waste product from their body. The kidney then needs an external help (in the form of dialysis machine) to help filter your blood and remove waste products from your body.

Kidney Failure if not properly treated can become a critical and life threatening disease because the body can then no longer effectively remove wastes which in turn, builds up in the blood leading to toxic levels and eventual death.

Some Common Causes of Kidney Failure

-Dehydration: when you have insufficient fluids in your body

-Insufficient blood flow to the kidneys

-Medications: This is one factor that people overlook. Taking too much medications beyond the prescribed dosage and taking some medications for longer than the recommended period can lead to liver failure.

Some medications are also simply toxic to your kidneys, thus it is advisable when you can to do an independent research and understand what substance you are taking into your body.

If you are still interested in understanding kidney failure and how you can be proactive in your health, go here to read further.

http://www.myhealthhelpline.com/uncategorized/causes-prevention-kidney-failure/
Re: My Healthhelpline: Causes And Prevention Of Kidney Failure by eezeribe(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2017
OK

(1) (Reply)

Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Plateau United Still Top NPFL Table Standings. / Sallah Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.