Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? (6555 Views)

Cheap Reg/used 2003 Nissan Murano @ 700k / Very Neat 2004 Registered Nissan Murano For Sale. / Sparkling Tokuno 2003 Infinity Qx4 For Sale: Price: N1.9m Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2010
After it hit the market in 2003, the Murano's sales grew every year through 2006. As dealers clear their lots of 2007 models, it appears that sales have held steady in 2007, too. The fact that sales grew as the Murano aged illustrates how it has ridden the crest of the car-based-SUV wave along with its main competitors, the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. Though the Murano was completely redesigned for 2009, it remains a five-seater, where the Pilot has always seated eight and the Highlander has offered an optional third row of seats for a few years.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
the front view.

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
Exterior & Styling
It certainly isn't easy these days, but Nissan has successfully etched a distinctive brand face for its cars and SUVs. Though bolder than before, the Murano's nose looks like a cross between the previous generation and the smaller Rogue crossover, with new headlight clusters and grille.

Interiors.
The new model's high-quality interior, which comes in one of two colors — Cafe Latte or Charcoal — and can incorporate double-stitched leather, aluminum or wood trim. The aluminum trim is the real thing, and it's worth whatever Nissan spent on it.
The driver faces bright gauges, illuminated steering-wheel controls and a simply laid-out center control panel. Now standard, a pushbutton engine-start system replaces a conventional keyhole with a slot for the remote-keyless-entry transmitter. (The optional Intelligent Key lets you leave the remote in your pocket or purse.) The ergonomics are mostly good, but I find the optional navigation system peculiar.

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2010
Safety.
Antilock four-wheel disc brakes with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution are standard. In addition to the required frontal airbags, the Murano has side-impact airbags for the front occupants and side curtains to protect both seat rows. The curtains are designed to deploy in the event of a rollover, too. The front seats also get active head restraints that move forward to cushion the occupant's head in a rear collision. An electronic stability system with traction control is standard and, according to Nissan, it communicates with the all-wheel drive (when equipped) for coordinated control in low-traction situations

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2010
Here come infinity fx 35.[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
Vehicle Overview
The original Infiniti FX explored the boundaries of sportiness in an SUV, though not without some drawbacks in utility. In its redesigned successor, Infiniti appears to have edged the performance quotient even higher: A 390-horsepower V-8 powers the FX50, while a 303-hp V-6 powers the FX35. A number of luxury SUVs, from the Lexus RX 350 to the Mercedes M-Class, compete with the FX.

Rear-wheel drive is standard on the FX35, and all-wheel drive is optional. The FX50 has standard AWD. Borrowing on several technologies introduced in the smaller EX35, the FX's options include an Around View Monitor system, which uses several cameras to create a bird's-eye view of the SUV's immediate surroundings. A Lane Departure Prevention system is also optional, and Infiniti's Scratch Shield paint can supposedly heal itself from minor scratches over time.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 13, 2010
Exterior
The FX's beady headlights and snout-nosed grille are at least as controversial as those elements on its predecessor — if not more so. The taillights and bumper are comparatively easier to swallow; they haven't changed vastly from before. Along the side, functional air vents reduce the FX's lift, Infiniti says.

At 191.3 inches long, the FX is about 2 inches longer than its predecessor. Overall width and height stay about the same. With rear-wheel drive, the FX35's front/rear weight distribution is 52/48. An electronically adaptive suspension, which continually reacts to changing road conditions, is optional on the FX50. So is Rear Active Steer, which can angle the rear wheels slightly to enhance turning precision.

Interior
The cabin has the same high dashboard as did the original FX. A ledge just below the windshield curls around to the window sills, and A/C and stereo controls sit below a high navigation display. The leather seats can come with quilted center inserts. Power adjustments for the front seats are standard, and heated and cooled seats are optional.

The 60/40-split rear seat can recline a few degrees. Cargo volume behind it is 24.8 cubic feet; with the seats folded, it totals 62.0 cubic feet. Both figures are slightly lower than the previous FX's, and they're well short of many competitors'.

Under the Hood
The FX35's 3.5-liter V-6 makes 303 hp, while the FX50's 5.0-liter V-8 — an all-new engine — makes 390 hp. Both engines use a seven-speed automatic transmission, a first for Infiniti. Steering-wheel paddle shifters are optional.

Safety
Standard safety features include active head restraints, side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags for both rows. Traction control, an electronic stability system and four-wheel-disc antilock brakes are also standard. The FX50's brakes sport four-piston, aluminum front calipers — hardware that suggests serious stopping performance.

A range of high-tech options include Lane Departure Prevention, which can scan the road for lane markings and, should the FX drift too close, apply light brakes to keep it in its lane. There's also a forward-warning system that uses infrared lasers to scan ahead for slowing vehicles or other obstacles. It can warn the driver of an impending collision or, if impact is imminent, apply the brakes. An advanced cruise control system can bring the vehicle to a complete stop in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Finally, a Distance Control Assist program can push back lightly on the gas pedal to warn drivers that traffic ahead is slowing down.

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
Back seat.

Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2010
So my good people. Tell me, which one do you prefer and how much would you pay for the Car of your Choice.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2010
You can Read more reviews on your Favorite cars on www.naijacardeals.com
Naija's Number 1 auto Showroom.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by oyenit(m): 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2010
trust me , everyone will forever take the fx,

the fx is far way more better than the murano.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2010
So true, the fx is actually my fav. hope i'm not biassed wiv the review.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Onwan: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2010
I know you are not trying to compare a MUrano and an infiniti fx35/45 - come on!, to be very fair its like comparing a 4runner and a Range Rover.

Its FX for everything
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by keyremotes(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
There's really no basis for this comparison.

Nissan and Infiniti means the same thing as Toyota and Lexus, Honda and Acura.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
Do i sense Bias? Some people still prefer a Murano.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
Although, Infinity is my personal Favorite, but the new Murano is also something to Marvel. I mean it's a wonder on Wheels.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by proo212(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
Murano and FX35/45/50 are the same underneath, Infinity is the luxury arm of Nissan.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
wow! never knew that. No wonder they have so much in common. Thought they were competing.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by proo212(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2010
Actually, I apologise. They are on different platforms. I just confirmed it.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
Haba! you almost misinformed me. I actually thought Nissan or Infinity has been bought over by eaither of both. You know those kind of take overs that happen in the automobile industry. Before you know it One auot Giant has acquired the other. Shit happens.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by proo212(m): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
Infinity is Nissan underneath but Murano and FX35 are different platforms.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 16, 2010
proo212:

Infinity is Nissan underneath but Murano and FX35 are different platforms.
I wonder what you mean by being the same underneath.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by proo212(m): 11:28am On Jan 16, 2010
Sometimes different bodies but same chassis but mostly same body and chassis but different badging and decals and most likely different finishing to push one product as more upmarket than the other.

Audi/Volkswagen/Skoda+Seat
Lexus/Toyota
Infiniti/Nissan
Hyundai/Kia
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Onwan: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2010
@proo212
I understand your views Bre. BUT we are looking at two models basically; FX and the Murano here.

Even if the FX was a VW build, it still dusts the MUrano 1000%

Dont get me wrong, the MUrano is an ok vehicle IN ITS CLASS - comfort, gadgets and all BUT the FX? - thats a WHOLE NEW CHAPTER, its heavier, more sophisticated and more rugged.

Your point about Brands andtheir Luxury counterparts is ok BUT thats not the issue here; take for instance the ES300 Lexus, thats supposed to be the counterpart of the Camry; BUT they have different re-inforcements, ruggedness, engine and sometimes build materials, these tells you they are simply different vehicles.

You cant compare a $25,000 Camry with a $50,000 Lexus of "Same model"
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 19, 2010
pro is right but at the same time Onwan is also right .
Would that mean one cannot make comparison with two brands even though they have so much in common.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Onwan: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
@Chipmunkey
Its like comparing these 2:

1. 2005 Mercedes Benz E320
2. 2005 AMG S55

Im sure you know what the deal will be
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2010
I am sure AMG and Mercedes Benz have some partnership in terms of technological collaboration because some Mercedes Benz cars are labeled with AMG.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by loteee: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2010
gents, first and foremost both cars are not competing, they are targeted at different customers-luxury and the mass market.
the infinity is the luxury arm of Nissan just like Lexus is the luxury arm of Toyota and Acura, Honda.
BMWs are luxury cars but they now build Rolls Royce; a super luxury car, same with VW/Audi building Bentleys. for the latter, Bentleys are super luxury, Audi luxury and they're both VW arms! how then can they compete? no basis for comparison bro!
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2010
But they look alike.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by bababuff(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2010
Imagine, you like an FX35 but cant afford it because of the price, then you can buy a Murano. You get something close to what you want and at a reduced price.
These guys are smart, they don't want you to take the money to another brand. cheesy cheesy
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
Thats reasonable.
Re: Murano Battles Infinity. Who Wins? by autoport: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
I actually do not know the basis for this COMPARISON, dont you know that INFINITY is the LUXURY range of the NISSAN range. its actually like comparing IKOYI and KETU.so try not to compare apples with oranges its not fair

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registered 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser / SOLD!!!! Extremely Clean 04 Toyota Tundra For Sale @N4m / 2002 Toyota Rav4 From Cotonou;price:1.55 M Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.