Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges (13374 Views)

10 Banks Earn N22bn On Account Maintenance Charges (Names) / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by ignis: 8:41am On May 19, 2017
#600 for card maintenance fee per account?

This is exploitation if you ask me.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by mikkypel(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2017
Ko de ni ye gbogbo yin with all these tough decisions adabii tii a ba se yin tii, adabii tii o ba je pe ise la nse ka to rowo... Gbogbo awon ti o mu aye le fun awa average citizen... Ekookan ni emi yin a ma yo sonu... Eyin oloriburiku gbogbo
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Saxifrage12(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

Attention w.hore! That picture has nothing to do with the topic

Back to the topic: 600N is still ok compared to what some countries charge (in some cases 3 times the amount).
Watch your mouth before thunder go strike am.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by lonelydora: 8:53am On May 19, 2017
Dhortunn:
I have been charged #50 twice in a space of two days by Access Bank for Card Maintenance. I can't even complain anymore in this Country. grin

Access is very annoying. Next you will receive a credit alert of N 10 as over charged balance, after they have taken more than 1000

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by just2endowed: 9:02am On May 19, 2017
This country is useless
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by amerlino(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2017
Some people brain can be something else.do u earn dsame amount as those other countries
kramer:

Back to the topic: 600N is still ok compared to what some countries charge (in some cases 3 times the amount).
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by dikeigbo2(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2017
How did we found ourselves in these pathetic situations in the first place?......most of these policies are anti people...imagine compelling the poor,the sick,the young,the aged and also the dying to pay for all these executive recklessness and corporate greeds....in the name of maximizing profits....WHAT HAS THE POOR BENEFITED FOR BEING A NIGERIAN?....Absolutely nothing.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by brightgreat(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2017
2 debit card you have I uppose
Dhortunn posest=56663737:
I have been charged #50 twice in a space of two days by Access Bank for Card Maintenance. I can't even complain anymore in this Country. grin
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by aolawale025: 9:28am On May 19, 2017
This write up assumes ATM machines and other card service applications have no or little maintainance cost. If the fore going were also mentioned. Then it wouldn't generate the kind of reactions ave read here.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by vickylincon(m): 9:30am On May 19, 2017
simplemach:
Pls o, is there any difference between highway Robbers, politicians and Banks?

I just want to know who to trust among the 3
they are worst
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 9:43am On May 19, 2017
amerlino:
Some people brain can be something else.do u earn dsame amount as those other countries

While some people like yourself don't have a brain at all.. the key word in my statement was 'some countries' you will no doubt find countries with a similar GDP but charging more as well as those charging less. Don't quote me again
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 9:44am On May 19, 2017
Saxifrage12:

Watch your mouth before thunder go strike am.

TF are you? Don't quote me again until you gather sense.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 9:47am On May 19, 2017
Princedapace:

Bros.. it is not okay.. these countries u are talking about are enjoying simple basic amenities of life such as electricity, good road, subsidized transport system, easy access to loans at low interest rate..healthy medical systems..

If i get to enjoy these and u ask me to pay this, I will simply pay even double..

make we no dey stupid here baba.. the way money comes into the hands of an average Nigerian is small compare to how it flies away..

By the time u earn salary, u pay for electricity u are not seeing enough of it, u buy expensive fuel, u pay for security, u pay for water, u buy foods at expensive rate..etc

Bros, remember, many Nigerians are still very very poor.. Average life in Nigeria is nothing to write home about. Look at the budget of National assembly.. That is what we should be cutting down and not increasing the pains of the average and poor masses..

If u are doing business in Nigeria and spend so much on powering your electricity, u begin to wonder how u will survive.. It is not okay bro.. the funded generated are not well used.. they are used to feed mostly these criminals called leaders.. dont support them except u benefit from them or u are one of them

The only sensible response so far.. I see where you're coming from, what I meant to say was that there are countries like us with similar GDP that charge way more, an increase was inevitable and it could have been worse. Not saying it's not high

1 Like

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by bejeria101(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2017
So who is the card with? Them or me? Awon ole
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Princedapace(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

The only sensible response so far.. I see where you're coming from, what I meant to say was that there are countries like us with similar GDP that charge way more, an increase was inevitable and it could have been worse. Not saying it's not high

what I dont understand is why these politicians are these powerful.. they are so untouchable...
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Dhortunn(m): 10:12am On May 19, 2017
JennieCutie4U:

are you serious? do they really do that? tell me cos am about applying for my own card...

Sadly. Yes they do.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by moonloved(f): 10:12am On May 19, 2017
No wonder Access bank charge me this without wasting time

Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Dhortunn(m): 10:12am On May 19, 2017
brightgreat:
2 debit card you have I uppose

Right.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Nobody: 10:15am On May 19, 2017
what are they maintaining in the card? yet they will still charge for sms alert and useless vat
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Ofuks(m): 10:32am On May 19, 2017
Godswillu:
GT Bank have what is called cardless withdraw. I wonder if they will charge for maintenance too, if not that will be the way forward.

Every Cardless ATM withdrawal comes with a 100 Naira charge regardless of the bank terminal used to initiate the transaction...
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by loswhite(m): 10:50am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

I believe u r doing currency conversion to get that figure right? Since we like to do conversion please can u also do conversion for minimum wage in those countries? Can u do conversion for standard of living in those countries? The problem in Nigeria is we have too many educated illiterate that are so blind and dumb
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 10:57am On May 19, 2017
loswhite:
I believe u r doing currency conversion to get that figure right? Since we like to do conversion please can u also do conversion for minimum wage in those countries? Can u do conversion for standard of living in those countries? The problem in Nigeria is we have too many educated illiterate that are so blind and dumb

We also have immense numbers of uneducated vagabonds in Nigeria. Go find my other comment on this thread. No I wasn't converting anything
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by loswhite(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

We also have immense numbers of uneducated vagabonds in Nigeria. Go find my other comment on this thread. No I wasn't converting anything
you said 3 times what they charge in Nigeria right? So hw did u come abt that without converting the currency? Can u tell us what they charge for card in foreign countries?
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 11:02am On May 19, 2017
loswhite:
you said 3 times what they charge in Nigeria right? So hw did u come abt that without converting the currency? Can u tell us what they charge for card in foreign countries?

No I won't, don't be a lazy ba$tard, google it since you're so interested.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by loswhite(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

While some people like yourself don't have a brain at all.. the key word in my statement was 'some countries' you will no doubt find countries with a similar GDP but charging more as well as those charging less. Don't quote me again
with similar population right? Clown
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by loswhite(m): 11:08am On May 19, 2017
kramer:

No I won't, don't be a lazy ba$tard, google it since you're so interested.
simply because I don't have the facts you have to resort to insult....Exactly how uneducated vagabonds behave.
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 11:10am On May 19, 2017
loswhite:
with similar population right? Clown

Atutupoyoyo like you calling me a clown grin
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by kramer: 11:12am On May 19, 2017
loswhite:
simply because I don't have the facts you have to resort to insult....Exactly how uneducated vagabonds behave.

But it's ok for you to call me a clown? So not only are you a vagabond but you're also an amnesiac hypocrite? Bros pele o!
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by soflygerian(m): 11:20am On May 19, 2017
Bad time to be a student... Definitely closing all other accounts and sticking to one..
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Rebuke: 11:36am On May 19, 2017
Who ever is always bringing up all these yeye policies though......

Alws takin from d masses frm every angle but giving nothn in return xcept hunger, high price of common commodities and endangering of lives n properties of the citizens due to lack of security.

Useless n shamless government n her policy makers.

And to think some youths will still b defending n support this rapist of a government is still amazing to me.

Thank God I never voted for d silly governmnt. Smh
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by Rayreezy: 1:29pm On May 19, 2017
Criminals
Re: Bank Customers To Pay N17.54bn As Card Maintenance Charges by CioAngels(f): 1:53pm On May 19, 2017
simplemach:
Pls o, is there any difference between highway Robbers, politicians and Banks?

I just want to know who to trust among the 3
None and none to trust, they all creates avenues to loot.Thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha:Traders Count Losses As Fire Destroys Goods Worth N50m / Mike Adenuga Might Be Africa’s Richest Man - Forbes / CBN To Relax FX Policy As Act Of 2004 Opens Windows Of Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.