Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why The Nigerian Government (CBN) Should Hold Bitcoin As A Reserve - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why The Nigerian Government (CBN) Should Hold Bitcoin As A Reserve (421 Views)

CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM / The Secret Revealed: 1 NGN Can Equate 1 USD If Nigerian Government Can Do This. / CBN Should Learn From MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Nigerian Government (CBN) Should Hold Bitcoin As A Reserve by winar(m): 8:00am On May 19, 2017
I think it would be the greatest investment if the Nigerian government should divert 20% ($5.4b) of our foreign reserve (about $27b) into bitcoin.

After the Japanese government passed law that recognized Bitcoin as a legal tender, It's demand has skyrocketed, with its value surging over 50% in few months. If the world's 3rd largest economy could recognize Bitcoin as a currency, it's just a matter of time before other countries follow suit.

Now this is where it gets interesting:

* Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency that cannot be controlled by one entity.

* It has a cap of 21 million coins. Unlike dollar, it is a deflationary currency. That is, it's value can ONLY go higher in years.

* It currently has a market cap of $31b, and 16.3 million coins (75%) have been mined (out of 21million).

In 10 Years time, bitcoin could be at par with the dollar as a foreign reserve. And when that happens, it's market cap could be worth well over $3 trillion.

Now if Nigeria should invest $5b into bitcoin, we could own 10% ($300 billion) of the currency (taking into consideration the price spike such investment would cause).

Having a $300 billion foreign reserve will make our economy 10 times better than it is now.

And it doesn't only apply to the government. Individual citizens should also invest in bitcoin. Any country whose citizens have the largest holdings of the world's currency will be a very rich country.

Me too I've also invested in bitcoin. N10,000 (lol) two weeks ago. The price was $1,700 now it's about $1,900. I will definitely increase my investment. But please take note not to put all eggs in one basket.
Re: Why The Nigerian Government (CBN) Should Hold Bitcoin As A Reserve by winar(m): 12:47pm On May 25, 2017
Bitcoin is $2700!!!! God!!! Kai I should have bought plenty

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Selling Comics! Dont Know Where You To Start From / Networking Business Team / See What You Stand To Gain If You Decide To Join Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.