Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu (2342 Views)

Yeshua,'Jesus'. A Name Corrupted To Mean Nothing. / What If King Herod Succeeded In Killing Jesus When He Was Born? / Esu Is Yeshua (jesus) - Scholastic Debate By Asar Imhotep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Babalawos(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2017
Oyeku Meji revealed how Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" came to this world. The Awo who made divination for him before he left heaven was called:

Bi aba kpe oku ni kponkpo

Alayiye, looma Daun

Odifa fun Odo agutan

tiinshe okonbi omo olodumare

Obe laa arinrin igbatema omo araye

Meaning:

When death is called at a distance, it is a living being that will answer the call.

The messenger of God who was called Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" in heaven was told to make sacrifice with a sheep and red cloth in order to survive the plot that was going to be hatched by human beings against him on earth.

He was told also to give a he-goat to Esu which he bluntly refused to do because he had vowed to come to the world to destroy the forces of evil represented by Esu. He however agreed to make sacrifice with the sheep and red cloth.

The awo told him that if he did not make the sacrifice to Esu, it was the agents of Esu that would kill him and shorten the span of his life and missionary works on earth.

Since he had however made sacrifice with the sheep, he would wake up after three days and his fame would outlive him, after returning to heaven.

When he got to the world, as he was about to begin his work of preaching the objectivity of truth, the way people live in heaven and the love of God for humans, Esu appeared to him In a dream and warned him that not even God himself had succeeded in eliminating him (Esu's) influence from the entire planetary system.

Esu told him in the dream that If he did not give him a he-goat he would have himself to blame because he would infiltrate his followership to destroy him.

Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" once again refused to serve Esu on the ground that goodness could never surrender to evil.

Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" was actually killed three years after he began his work on earth.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Christane: 3:05pm On May 19, 2017
Pls baba how did u knw dis story ...cus i cant blv it ..witout fact n evidence
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Splinz(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baba wouldn't kill me with laugh.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Babalawos(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2017
Splinz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baba wouldn't kill me with laugh.

What's funny?
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Babalawos(m): 3:52pm On May 19, 2017
Christane:
Pls baba how did u knw dis story ...cus i cant blv it ..witout fact n evidence

Aboru Aboye

IFA do not lie, this Itan "What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu" was taken from "Oyeku Meji Odu Ifa".

Kindly confirm this Itan "What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu" of Oyeku Meji Odu Ifa from other renowned Babalawos and they will provide you with the facts you need.

Babalawos
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Christane: 3:43pm On May 20, 2017
According to ur story u mean dat esu is evil?? so how would jesus dat represent good bow to esu?? according to the ifa itan which is more powerful jesus or esu??
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Raintaker(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2017
Chairman Jewesun is not Jesus and Esu is not evil, stop compromising different stories.
The only evil forces in Yoruba tradition are the ajoguns.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 20, 2017
Laugh wan comot my belle grin
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by chinedusamson(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2017
The truth of this world has been twisted(deception) by the devil and his angels(LIKE the angel of light) and only the blind men of this world will always accept the falsehood even knowing, calling it evil yet claiming to be wiser or excepting that it brings success, good health etc. Lemme ask you Babalawos, will you die? Yea you'll prosper in this world with your sacrifices to this molded gods(done with cement, sand, water, your own hands). When you die hell eventually awaits you because here is the kingdom of your earthly gods but there's some place you must know heaven and hell. You definitely will not kiss heaven because you served gods you made with your own hands ultimately your gods can never ever be the almighty God because the almighty God can never be created or recreated in the past, present or the future. This singular hope is what a simple Christian holds tight, no matter the pressure. Same is the answer why Jesus the son of God who came, died and resurrected and is coming again never offered sacrifice to dead gods that can't speak, motion with there still hands or walk with the cement legs. Devil laughs at blind men of this world. He has exchanged your sanity with wealth that can vanish like the air in a balloon.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Raintaker:
Chairman Jewesun is not Jesus and Esu is not evil, stop compromising different stories.
The only evil forces in Yoruba tradition are the ajoguns.

I think Esu could be Lucifer in the Bible. But he had his uses because he was all about seeking justice and judgement on earth. According to the Bible, Lucifer was described as an administrator of all affairs in heaven before he was thrown down. As a matter of fact, he wasn't thrown down because he was overseeing affairs 😅 but over other thing. After he was thrown out, he continued to oversee the affairs on earth and continued to meet with God. The Bible stated that he always went up to meet God to seek judgement upon the people on the earth while making complaint about the people to God (Remember Lucifer and Job for example. Lol). So he was in between the heaven and earth, according to the Bible.

The IFA also described Esu as an administrator of affairs thus taking up prayer and complaint to Olodumare after a sacrifice (ebo) had been made (Note, Ifa don't use human for rituals. Only jazz/charm people do human blood ritual and all). So according to Ifa, Esu was also in between the heaven and the earth, acting as a mediator, after an ebo sacrifice (fruits and animals) had been made. However, Jewesun came (Jewesun simply translate to "let the leaf sleep" in Yoruba which can mean "serenity" which was what Jesus was about), Jewesun came after the Orishas and abolished such ebo power by refusing to make an ebo sacrifice (a he-goat) to Esu but instead, sacrificed himself (Since Jewesun was called the lamb by Ifa, so it meant he eventually sacrificed himself as the lamb/sheep). Thus, Esu has no reason to be taking up prayer or making complaint about the people to Olodumare. It's not his right to do so anymore. You can now communicate to Olodumare directly. So Esu was just one of the orishas who took up prayer to Olodumare and not a devil but now, you're your own orisha who can speak directly to Olodumare without needing any sacrifice.

Meanwhile, It's too surreal how Ajayi Crowther was so factual and accurate as if he was directed while he was translating the English bible into Yoruba. He was so factual and accurate! Well, he was from a royal family thus knew a lot of information but he was so accurate. Because how did he know to translate God into Olodumare, Jesus into Jesu, Lucifer into Esu? Etc. I liked how he translated all these into African words (Yoruba words) while he was translating into Yoruba, rather than try to use English words or other foreign words for it.

That being said, I don't see the reason why any orisha has to be sacrificed to. Some would even equate it into objects and would be worshipping these objects while sacrificing to it. Like common, how can you be worshiping an object (either a stone or something moulded or carved)? Same as those who worship the Kabba in Mecca. Lol. That one is even funnier. Leaving your own African orisha to go worship a foreign Arab stone deity. Lmao 😂

That said, I don't see the reason why any orisha has to be made into objects to be worshipped or sacrificed to. However, I don't have problem with designing these Yoruba orishas (which are numerous) as beautiful aesthetic monumental brass designs to act as tourist centers, as well as symbols of history, educative, creative and innovative enlightenments for everyone. According to IFA for example, every element of nature and every life form has an inner force that feeds its source. This includes everything from the wind, thunder, storms, clouds, rocks, rivers, plants, flowers, humans etc. The natural forces that comprise and feed the universe are known as these Orishas. So, instead of seeing these orishas as something to be worshipped or sacrificed to, these orishas should rather be seen as symbols of creative and innovative ideas which can be birthed into technical & technology realities. Ifa says the orisha is within humans, which means a human can birth these creative and innovative ideas into reality which some humans did and are doing. Esu for example was described as one who liked gem stones. Gem stones can be made into ornamentals and glass such as quartz glass for example ☄️, apart from representing laws. Ogun represent metal and metallurgy technology. And so-on. So they should be seen as symbols of creative and innovative ideas📍, as much as these were beings with special talents. I have already discussed at length about the creative and innovative ideas which these numerous orishas represent.

I also don't oppose to IFA because I think it's deeply esoteric and contains the mystery of the world and also innovative enlightenment if people can understand the deep meaning entailed in it thus, throwing a lot of light on creativity and innovation which can birth a new creative and technical African world. Some even say Ifa is the coded "word" of Olodumare himself. Meanwhile, Jewesun was called the son of Ifa by Ifa, apart from the fact he was also called the son of Olodumare by Ifa. That being said, it's all about the creative and innovative enlightenment encoded in Ifa for me⚡, apart from the fact that it also contains the history of the Yoruba race because we can use such creative and innovative ideas to birth a new creative and technical Africa world. That was how the Asians started. By combining their own creative knowledge with the western advancement & techniques to birth a new technical and technological Asian world 🌉

Ifa temples can also be built as beautiful aesthetic structures while the Ifa priests operate in these beautiful temples as scholars and professors in African history and Researchers in creative & innovative enlightenment📍 The kings who are custodians of Yoruba culture also have prominent roles to play in all these.

I also support the celebration of festival of isese, egungun etc to celebrate cultural history, creative and innovative enlightenment. The whites have their own halloween for example.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
Like I already stated, I don't see why Orishas have to be sacrificed to. According to IFA, Orishas are life forces which live within humans, even as these orishas were also beings with special talents, hence I don't see why any of the orishas has to be made into objects to be sacrificed to. Why would someone be worshiping an object (either a stone or something moulded or carved)? Likewise those who worship Kaaba in Mecca which is even funnier. Leaving your own orisha to go worship an Arab stone deity?

Also, Orisha is the same as Oritse of the Oritsekiri who are subgroups of the Yoruboid. A mixture of the Ijebus and the Ilaje while an advisor from Bini (who's also a Yoruba named Olu Ginuwa) was accepted to be the king. So Oritse of the Oritsekiri. Well, Orisha is a life force within humans according to IFA, even as these Orishas were also beings with special talents.

While I don't see the reason why any orisha has to be made into an object to be sacrificed/worshipped, however, I don't have problem with making these Yoruba orishas (which are numerous) into aesthetic monumental brass designs to act as tourists centers, as well as serve as symbols of cultural history, educative, creative and innovative enlightenment.

And like I already stated, I also don't have problem with Ifa because It entails educative, creative and innovative enlightenment⚡, apart from the fact that it also contains the history of the Yoruba race because we can use such creative and innovative ideas to birth a new creative and technical Africa world. That was how the Asians started. By combining their own creative knowledge with the western advancement & techniques to birth a new technical and technological Asian world ✨

Also building aesthetic IFA temples where Ifa priests can operate as cultural history scholars and researchers in creative & innovative ideas. The kings who are custodians of culture also have prominent role to play in these. 📍

I also don't have problem with celebrating isese festival, egungun etc to celebrate cultural history, innovative and creative enlightenment.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Meanwhile,

The 16 golden rules of IFA are in the picture below. More Explanation further below.

1. One God called Olodumare whose only begotten child is his Word📍

2. No devil. Well, there's no devil. Even Eshu which some equate as devil represent our decision making and perspectives. It also represent law and justice which is the justice aspect of Olodumare speaking. So Eshu was only representing the justice aspect of Olodumare. In fact, law and justice is also needed in the society for order and balance. When you do the wrong thing, expect persecution. It's simple. It also represent knowledge of the value of things which is what represents economics today. Eshu knows the values of things thus why he loved collecting gemstones for example which can be used for lots of things such as ornaments, glassware etc.

3. I think it's related to astronomy/astrology which is also in Ifa.

4. Happiness is free!

5. No knowledge is lost, so try to acquire knowledge and wisdom (Related to education).

5. There's Reincarnation through blood relatives. (Remember that the Orishas live within us).

6. Life is like a circuit/cycle.

8. One is a part of the universe.

9. It means one must not intentionally harm another human unwarranted. That is, one must not 'initiate' harm on another unwarranted. Except during security defence/self defence, thus the reason why it emphasizes on "initiate". (In fact, all these should tell people that those who engage in human blood rituals are no IFA priests but charm/magic people. IFA also states that one's wealth/success mustn't be achieved through evilness thus it continues to tell you that those who engage in human blood ritual are no IFA priests).

10. This is related to conservation, preservation, environmentalism and making good policies which protects nature and its environment which we're part of.

11. This is related to intelligence and creative talents within us. Remember the Orishas live within us, even as they' were Yoruba ancestors with special talents.

12. One has a special purpose. (One has his special talent which should be horned/finessed and birthed into technical realities ☄️💤).

13. Our ancestors exist and should be celebrated. Of course egungun, isese etc can be celebrated to celebrate cultural history & creativity, just like the Europeans celebrate Halloween, valentine etc. Celebrating our ancestors which are also the Orishas is a constant reminder to bring forth the intelligence and creativity talents for the betterment of the society.

14. Ebo is needed. Meanwhile, the Ebo Sacrifices shouldn't be taken literally because they're symbolims. The ebo represents intellectual, wisdom and creative clues/ideas. For example, oil is used as ebo for Orisha Ogun. Orisha Ogun represent iron, mechanical engines, metallurgy, warrior etc and we all know lubricant is needed for mechanical engines. The dog also mentioned represent intelligence, bravery and flexibility which is what Ogun represent.

15. The Orishas live within us.

16. No need for fear.

Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
Funny these IFA rules are even more beneficial to the society than some foreign stone religion (such as, the one which hates education, creativity, other people's heritage etc while supporting Terrorism in a bid to steal people's lands, like they stole Northern African region.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dsimmer:
■ Funny these IFA rules are even more beneficial to the society than some foreign stone religion (such as, the one which hates education, creativity, other people's heritage etc while supporting Terrorism in a bid to steal people's lands, like they stole Northern African lands).
How has IFA benefited the society more than the foreign stone religions though? undecided
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:05am On Dec 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How has IFA benefited the society more than the foreign stone religions though? undecided

Fashion, fabric craft and design for example.

Music & musical instruments for example.

Ceramic works and creative arts etc.

Only the Western education have produced more innovation than Africans and that was because African took a back seat for a while and besides, we're not exploring the positive aspects of IFA which are the creative and innovative ideas/enlightenment but rather, some focus on ebo which was already abolished by Jewesun. However, I don't have problem with celebrating these festival for cultural history and creativity, just like the whites have their Halloween.

Anyways, IFA is better than Islam religion as a matter of fact!
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Dec 02, 2023
Dsimmer:
■ Faahion, fabric craft and design for example. Music for example. Ceramic works etc.
■ Only the Western education have produced more innovation than Africans and that was[b] because African took a back seat for a while and besides, we're not exploiting the positive aspects of it which are the creativity and innovative ideas/enlightenment but rather, some focus on ebo which was already abolished by Jewesun[/b]. However, I don't have problem with celebrating these festival for cultural history and creativity, just like this whites had their Halloween. Anyway, IFA is better than Islam religion as a matter of fact!
What? Where?? So even with these benefits you claim, Africans chose to forego Ifa for foreign ideas, why? undecided

Ah! So the reason these benefits have remained largely invisible to most in Nigeria has to be a result of Western education overshadowing the Ifa system. Abi? undecided
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:15am On Dec 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What? Where?? So even with these benefits you claim, Africans chose to forego Ifa for foreign ideas, why? undecided

Ah! So the reason these benefits have remained largely invisible to most in Nigeria has to be a result of Western education overshadowing the Ifa system. Abi? undecided

Western colonised part of Africa thus African's own education took a back seat while taking the western education. That being said, no knowledge is lost. We can always combine both together like the Asian did. The Asians combined their own creativity with the western techniques & technical advancement thus birthed their own technological breakthrough.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Dec 02, 2023
Dsimmer:
Western colonised part of Africa thus African's own education took a back seat while taking the western education. That being said, no knowledge is lost. We can always combine both together like the Asian did. The Asians combined their own creativity with the western technical advancement thus birthed their own technology breakthrough.
So, Africans now have to look to Asians on how to combine Western technical advancement with their creativity? So what exactly is the benefit of Ifa again? undecided
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:21am On Dec 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, Africans now have to look to Asians on how to combine Western technical advancement with their creativity? So what exactly is the benefit of Ifa again? undecided

It's not about the Asians but just taking a leaf out of their books. I mean, one can't return people back to stone ages. So the best is to combine such western knowledge while horning & finessing African creative craft. Ifa also lay emphasis on acquisition of more knowledge and wisdom, so nothing is wrong with the western techniques which can be combined.

I already highlighted the several creative & innovative ideas mentioned in IFA.

Dsimmer:
The Important orishas which can be made into aesthetically beautiful monument designs to act as symbols of history, creativity, educative and innovative enlightenment.

1. Obatala: Light force, electricity, optics, prisms, creative visual art & design, invention, architecture, Physics, Neurology, enlightenment, biochemical engineering etc.

2. Oduduwa: mass and matter, gravitational force, creative design & painting, industrialization, civil engineering, fashion, civilization.

3. Ogun: iron, metallurgy, mechanical engines/mechanicalengineering, technology, invention, wine production, chemistry, self defense.

4. Sango: Electric force, electric energy, invention, industrialization, commerce and economy development, pottery and ceramics, entertainment, warrior & self defense etc.

5. Oko: Agriculture, agro processed product industries, fertilizer production factories and nutrition factories, tree planting, wood works etc.

6. Egungun: fashion, clothing designs which includes clothes, bags, school bags, shoes🎽. We've got creative artists as well as several fabrics such as aso oke and African prints & leathers which can be used.

7. Ayan: Arts, Music, Musical instruments.

8. Oya: innovation, Electric force and electric energy and warrior and self defense.

9. Ayao: innovation, Air energy and cooling effect 🌪️💤, invention.

10. Aja & Osanyin: Botany, biological sciences and pharmacology etc

11. Osoosi: Forest preservation, conservation, environmentalism & ecology (zoology), athleticism, sporty, precision 🤓, warrior and self defense.

12. Olokun: N & S compass, environmentalism, visual arts and designs, commerce and economy development, self defense, ornamentals such as beads etc; sea products such as sea shells etc.

13. Osun: creative arts & designs, agriculture, Fashion, Ornamentals and Beauty products.

14. Yemoja: Nurturing, creative design and visual arts, biology, resourceful, agriculture, fitness, flexibility etc.

15: Oranmiyan: Civilization and good policies.

16. Moremi: Bravery and courage.

17. Oba: Domestic & household affairs, Cooking materials & catering.

18. Oronsen: Fashion and Beauty products.

19. Orunmila: scholars, mathematics, computer engineering, ict, mobile design, communication network, mathematics, esoteric enlightenment, professors, lecturers, neurology, doctor, education.

20. Agemo: DNA replication, biochemical engineering, invitro fertilization, midwifery, creative design..

All these orishas are under IFA.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
Dsimmer:
Meanwhile,

The 16 golden rules of IFA are in the picture below. More Explanation further below.

1. One God called Olodumare whose only begotten child is his word 📍

2. No devil. Well, there's no devil. Even Eshu which some equate as devil represent our decision making and perspectives. It also represent law and justice which is the justice aspect of Olodumare speaking. So Eshu was only representing the justice aspect of Olodumare. In fact, law and justice is also needed in the society for order and balance. When you do the wrong thing, expect persecution. It's simple. It also represent knowledge of the value of things which is what represents economics today. Eshu knows the values of things thus why he loved collecting gemstones for example which can be used for lots of things such as ornaments, glassware etc.

3. I think it's related to astronomy/astrology.

4. Happiness is free!

5. No knowledge is lost, so try to acquire knowledge and wisdom (Related to education).

5. There's Reincarnation through blood relatives. (Remember that the Orishas live within us).

6. Life is like a circuit/cycle.

8. One is a part of the universe.

9. It means one must not intentionally harm another human unwarranted. That is, one must not 'initiate' harm on another unwarranted. Except during security defence/self defence, thus the reason why it emphasizes on "initiate". (In fact, all these should tell people that those who engage in human blood rituals are no IFA priests but charm/jazz/magic people. IFA also states that one's wealth/success mustn't be achieved through evilness thus it continues to tell you that those who engage in human blood ritual are no IFA priests).

10. This is related to conservation, preservation, environmentalism and making good policies which protects nature and its environment which we're part of.

11. I think this is related to innovative and creative talents within us. Remember the Orishas are life forces which live within us, even as they're beings with special talents.

12. One has a special purpose. (One has his special talent which should be horned/finessed☄️💤).

13. Our ancestors exist and should be celebrated. Of course egungun, isese etc can be celebrated to celebrate cultural history & creativity, just like the whites celebrate Halloween etc.

14. Ebo Sacrifices (although Jewesun already put a stop to ebo).

15. Orishas live within us.

16. No need for fear.

I had to modify the explanation for No. 2. I mean all the Orishas had their uses.

Other explanations for other lists (16 rules) are still the same.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by FRANCISTOWN: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2023
Babalawos:
Oyeku Meji revealed how Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" came to this world. The Awo who made divination for him before he left heaven was called:

Meaning:

The messenger of God who was called Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" in heaven was told to make sacrifice with a sheep and red cloth in order to survive the plot that was going to be hatched by human beings against him on earth.

He was told also to give a he-goat to Esu which he bluntly refused to do because he had vowed to come to the world to destroy the forces of evil represented by Esu. He however agreed to make sacrifice with the sheep and red cloth.

The awo told him that if he did not make the sacrifice to Esu, it was the agents of Esu that would kill him and shorten the span of his life and missionary works on earth.

Since he had however made sacrifice with the sheep, he would wake up after three days and his fame would outlive him, after returning to heaven.

When he got to the world, as he was about to begin his work of preaching the objectivity of truth, the way people live in heaven and the love of God for humans, Esu appeared to him In a dream and warned him that not even God himself had succeeded in eliminating him (Esu's) influence from the entire planetary system.

Esu told him in the dream that If he did not give him a he-goat he would have himself to blame because he would infiltrate his followership to destroy him.

Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" once again refused to serve Esu on the ground that goodness could never surrender to evil.

Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" was actually killed three years after he began his work on earth.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos
This is so wrong. Stop misleading people.
I have a very strong knowledge of ethnic religions, especially IFA.

Jewesun was/not the bible Yeshua.
Jewesun is a different character entirely.

In the IFA corpus. The character that can be likened to Jesus is Ela.
According to the IFA corpus.
Agbonmeregun/Agbonniregun is God Almighty.
Ela is often eulogized as "Ela, ọmọ bibi inu Agbọnmeregun" which is translated as "Ela, the son of Agbonmeregun (who is God).

In the corpus of Eji Ogbe. The chapter talks about a virgin woman called Oyigi.

It was prophesized that Oyigi would be delivered of a miraculous child that would do wonderful things.
To cut the story short, when Oyigi was delivered of the child. The child had no gender.
This event lead to Oyigi evacuating the town and she headed for a forest where she met the three wise men named Ajalagere, Aronimaja and Ajaniweran.

Lemme skip the story to the end.
Now Ela is believed to live in the sky, between the earth and between the heavens. And the IFA worshipers believe that Ela is responsible for receiving people's prayer requests from the earth and he takes those requests to Olódùmarè/Agbonniregun(supreme God)

So Yeshua isn't the same as Jewesun.
Jewesun was an entirely different character.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 9:52am On Dec 03, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

This is so wrong. Stop misleading people.
I have a very strong knowledge of ethnic religions, especially IFA.

Jewesun was/not the bible Yeshua.
Jewesun is a different character entirely.

In the IFA corpus. The character that can be likened to Jesus is Ela.
According to the IFA corpus.
Agbonmeregun/Agbonniregun is God Almighty.
Ela is often eulogized as "Ela, ọmọ bibi inu Agbọnmeregun" which is translated as "Ela, the son of Agbonmeregun (who is God).

In the corpus of Eji Ogbe. The chapter talks about a virgin woman called Oyigi.

It was prophesized that Oyigi would be delivered of a miraculous child that would do wonderful things.
To cut the story short, when Oyigi was delivered of the child. The child had no gender.
This event lead to Oyigi evacuating the town and she headed for a forest where she met the three wise men named Ajalagere, Aronimaja and Ajaniweran.

Lemme skip the story to the end.
Now Ela is believed to live in the sky, between the earth and between the heavens. And the IFA worshipers believe that Ela is responsible for receiving people's prayer requests from the earth and he takes those requests to Olódùmarè/Agbonniregun(supreme God)

So Yeshua isn't the same as Jewesun.
Jewesun was an entirely different character.

Ela is the first Word spoken by Olodumare to bring Life and Clarity. The Bible also talked about the Word. The Bible says "In the beginning, there was the Word and the Word was with God and God is the Word. And the Word became flesh and dwelled among us".

I think Ela is the Word which became Jewesun as the flesh. So they're probably the same. You know Ifa talks in mathematical code. Jesus is also known as the Word according to the Bible.

That said, the emphasis should be focused on the Innovative and creative ideas which can be birthed into technical realities, just like the Asians did.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by FRANCISTOWN: 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2023
Dsimmer:

Ela is the first Word spoken by Olodumare to bring Life and Clarity. The Bible also talked about the Word. The Bible said "In the beginning, there was the Word and the Word was with God and God is the Word. And the Word became flesh and dwell among us".

I think Ela is the Word which became Jewesun as the flesh. So they're probably the same. You know Ifa talks in mathematical code. Jesus is also known as the Word according to the Bible.

That said, the emphasis should be focused on the Innovative and creative ideas which can be birthed into technical realities, just like the Asians did.
You are right that Orunmila talks in mathematical codes. For instance : in Oju Odù, Orunmila was referred to as ELA.

There is a line in Oyeku Meji that goes like.
"...Adi'a fun Odo agutan(which made divinitions for the lamb)
Ti nshe ọkanbi omo olodumare...(Who is the begotten son of the Almighty God)"

The above verse was referring to JEWESUN

But in Oworin S'ogbe. It was said that JEWESUN was the son of OPE(OPE was another name for IFA).

I think the story that aligns with Yeshua character is ELA.

NB: for anyone who might be thinking that the IFA corpus borrowed from the bible. IFA was said to have lived 10,000 years ago, your Roman Jesus was said to live about 2000years ago so, I guess you should have a rethink

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

You are right that Orunmila talks in mathematical codes. For instance : in Oju Odù, Orunmila was referred to as ELA.

There is a line in Oyeku Meji that goes like.
"...Adi'a fun Odo agutan(which made divinitions for the lamb)
Ti nshe ọkanbi omo olodumare...(Who is the begotten son of the Almighty God)"

The above verse was referring to JEWESUN

But in Oworin S'ogbe. It was said that JEWESUN was the son of OPE(OPE was another name for IFA).

I think the story that aligns with Yeshua character is ELA.

NB: for anyone who might be thinking that the IFA corpus borrowed from the bible. IFA was said to have lived 10,000 years ago, your Roman Jesus was said to live about 2000years ago so, I guess you should have a rethink

IFA itself isn't a deity or human. It's a mathematical code system of Olodumare (aside entailing the history of Yoruba race). Thus Jewesun was referred to as the son of IFA. So Jewesun is the same as Ela who's also the son of Olodumare and we're made to know that Olodumare only have one child (Okanbi). So Ela and Jewesun are same. You know mathematical calculation where a = x.

Jewesun came after Esu Orisha according to IFA, thus it meant IFA was only revealing Jewesun who came and did exactly as IFA stated.

As for Orunmila, it represents wisdom and philosophy, as much as it was also an IFA priest through which Ifa got interpreted. Now I see why Ela was also referred to as Orunmila because Orunmila represents/equivalent to wisdom.
Re: What Happened To Jewesun "Yeshua / Jesus" When He Did Not Offer Sacrifice To Esu by Dsimmer: 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Dsimmer:

It's not about the Asians but just taking a leaf out of their books. I mean, one can't return people back to stone ages. So the best is to combine such western knowledge while horning & finessing African creative craft. Ifa also lay emphasis on acquisition of more knowledge and wisdom, so nothing is wrong with the western techniques which can be combined.

I already highlighted the several creative & innovative ideas mentioned in IFA.

There are also other orishas:

For example:

Yemaja represents: Nurturing, Yoga fitness and flexibility, Yoga mat or woven sleeping Mat (Akete/Eni) or foam/sleeping materials.

There are several of the orishas which can represent creative ideas, including eshu which represents laws and gem stones.

These are educative, innovative and
creative enlightenment. It's not about retrogressive ideas and shouldn't be. In fact, Any religion that doesn't champion innovation and creativity but champion retrogressive ideas should be invalidated📍

(1) (Reply)

Reinhard Bonnke Final Words And Message Before Death. / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / Recommended Spiritual Warfare Prayer To Pray At Least Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.