Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 (672 Views)

Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai. / 10 Apps Nigerians Used The Most In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by Astutechris(m): 10:21am On May 20, 2017
Let me guess, you are probably wondering who the h*ll is Transsion Holdings?

Well, they are the parent company of Infinix, Tecno and Itel. These three smartphone brands produced over 79 million smartphones between them last year (2016) alone. That’s a lot of smartphones, isn’t it?

The saying “a prophet is without honor in his home town” holds true for this company.

Transsion is a Chinesse phone maker based in Shenzhen, but not many Chinese have heard of them, sames goes for the brands under them but they have over 100 million users in Africa. (Infinix, Tecno and Itel users combined).

According to their vice president Arif Chowdhury, their factories have a total production capacity of 300,000 phones per day.

“A decade ago, the sales were less than one million, mainly in India and Bangladesh. Transsion became successful only when it put almost all of its attention on the African market,” said Chowdhury, who is from Bangladesh.

In 2016, Transsion produced 79.91 million phones, about 80 times the volume ten years ago. I’m guessing they now have more smartphones than user, and perhaps that’s the reason we have only seen one set of smartphone launch from Infinix (Infinix S2 and Infinix S2 Pro) so far, compared to three set (Hot 3, Hot 4 and Hot S series) of smartphones from them as of this time last year. Just guessing.

According to technology consultant firm Counterpoint Technology Market Research, Transsion’s market share in 2016 was about 40 percent in Africa, beating bigger competitors such as Samsung, Gionee and Huawei.

Their vice president has likened what Transsion is in Africa to what Nokia whas in China years ago.

“For a company to succeed, we need to find out what exactly people want. African users like selfies, multiple phone card slots, enabling local language, stable music function and longer battery life,” said Chowdhury.

The company was said to have organized 200 technicians to improve camera function and calibrate the exposure to suit darker skin tones.

“We have dual-card, triple and even four-card phones, because there are many phone operators in Africa, and it is expensive to dial between networks,” said the vice president.

The company hope to continue their expansion with recent moves by Tecno to penetrate the Middle East. This include their launch of Tecno Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus in Dubai late last year and their recent launch of some series of smartphones in India.

https://www.naijaandroidarena.com/transsion-holdings-produced-79-million-smartphone-one-year/
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by eezeribe(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2017
Yes,they continue to produce cheap phones and dump in the black continent,which has market for crap.
Phones that even the manufacturers do not use.
Can they sell in Europe and North America
I STILL LOVE TECNO AND INFINIX DEVICES.
lalasticlala,Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by iammrjaai(m): 11:06am On May 20, 2017
white dudes using black dudes since 1900 ........what a pity..!
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by OHIsIManuEL(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2017
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by tidedroid: 11:53am On May 20, 2017
eezeribe:
Yes,they continue to produce cheap phones and dump in the black continent,which has market for crap.
Phones that even the manufacturers do not use.
Can they sell in Europe and North America
I STILL LOVE TECNO AND INFINIX DEVICES.
lalasticlala,Mynd44
I think infinix would do well abroad,their zero line would be cheap abroad unlike here where the inflated price thanks to d weakness of the naira make them expensive and unlike most budget devices(both abroad and in Nigeria) infinix always offer at least one software update
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by Astutechris(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2017
tidedroid:
I think infinix would do well abroad,their zero line would be cheap abroad unlike here where the inflated price thanks to d weakness of the naira make them expensive and unlike most budget devices(both abroad and in Nigeria) infinix always offer at least one software update

I agree with you. I also think Infinix won't carry last in European and North American countries
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by avicky(f): 8:44pm On May 20, 2017
Thank God for bringing Transsion our way o.

If not for them, we for still dey use sagem, bluebird, nokia fluorescent, motorola et al. if not for them, Samsung, Htc and iPhone would have skinned us dry.
Or better still people will be using London used phones like people did during blackberry regime.
Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by NCP: 10:33pm On May 20, 2017
apart from Infinix, the rest na waste of time, money and effort. Chinko na Chinko.

Abi wetin be the difference between Duck and Duckfowl

Re: Transsion Holdings Produced Over 79 Million Smartphone In 2016 by Astutechris(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2017
avicky:
Thank God for bringing Transsion our way o.

If not for them, we for still dey use sagem, bluebird, nokia fluorescent, motorola et al. if not for them, Samsung, Htc and iPhone would have skinned us dry.
Or better still people will be using London used phones like people did during blackberry regime.

True talk.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MTN SME Data Users, Answer Me Pls / BREAKING: HUNDREDS Of Twitter Employees Paid To View "Everything You Post Online / Introducing The All New Umidigi Crystal Z2 & Z2 Pro. See It's Awesome Spec Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.