Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

"Let Me Die By My Own Conviction" - Antonio Conte - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Let Me Die By My Own Conviction" - Antonio Conte (472 Views)

Chelsea Coach Antonio Conte Accepts Fa’s Charge Of Misconduct / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane / Antonio Conte Compare Lukaku And Morata See What The Manager Said About Morata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Let Me Die By My Own Conviction" - Antonio Conte by Donraqh(m): 2:27pm On May 20, 2017
"Let me die by my own conviction" - Antonio Conte speaks on Chelsea future

Antonio Conte has commenced plans to extend his stay in West London against viral speculations linking the Italian tactician to head back home being rumored to take charge at Inter. However stressed on how much he had missed his family and the importance of staying with owns family.

The 47 year old joined Chelsea last summer and had since adapt to the English kind of football, this can be seen through necessary changes in tactics and formation which  invariably led to the rebirth of Chelsea and thus set to lift the prestigious Barclay English Premier League title in his first season in charge. According Antonio Conte, he wants to stabilize Chelsea into serial winner,

“My objective is to lay the foundations so Chelsea can continue to win,” he told La Repubblica .
“This is already a big club, but it’s inconsistent. They won the Champions League, then went out in the first round. They won the Premier League and then finished 10th. Chelsea need to find stability at the top.

About his family he said,
“It’s not all happiness and light. The arrival was, but the journey wasn’t. With my wife Elisabetta in January we decided that Vittoria would finish school in Turin, even if she was already registered to start in London.
“However, if I am to stay, then they will come and stay with me. It will be a great opportunity for my daughter to live in a foreign country. I’ll tell you one thing for sure, I won’t have another year on my own.”
The 47-year-old is pleased with how his professional life has gone over the course of the last year, although he admits that the adaption was a two-way process.

On the players responsiveness he said,
“The guys accepted new methods: very intense training sessions, the diet, the video analysis and importance of details. I feel fortified. I remain narrow-minded in my work, but I am more flexible. I learned to turn a blind eye to certain things, like players eating scrambled eggs before a game… You have to accept the traditions of a country,” he said.
“You also need to speak the language, out of respect. I had studied it at school, but had a two-week intensive course. Learning English felt like climbing a mountain: with strong motivation, nothing is insurmountable.”
Initially, the Blues seemed to have some trouble adapting to their new manager Antonio Conte, and he admits that he was trouble by losses against Liverpool and Arsenal, which prompted a change of his thinking as he thereafter adopted his favoured 3-4-3 system.

“The team would go out on to the park and I didn’t know what was going to happen - that’s the worst sensation for a Coach. Defeat for me lasts two days, while victory is only an hour,” he explained.
“I thought: ‘If I have to die, let me die by my own ideas. My own conviction, my own meticulous work.’
“I am not someone who compromises. I was giving my all and didn’t feel under pressure, but I couldn’t change my nature. The squad respected me and my past spoke for me, including as a player.”
Image credit: Getty image

(1) (Reply)

Best Football Predictions 31st May | Best Games For Wednesday / Fifa 18 Release Date Confirmed With Cristiano Ronaldo As Cover Star / Coach Salusu Yusuf Invites 30 Home Based Players For CHAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.