Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University (23811 Views)

Ebonyi University Renamed With Photo / Kwara State Government Renames KWASU After Olusola Saraki / Kwasu To Be Renamed After Dr. Olusola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by metroparrot: 5:11pm On May 20, 2017
As a way to immortalise and honour the memory of the State’s first governor, the Kwara State University has been named after the late Senator Olusola Saraki.

The Kwara State government has renamed its university after the late strongman of Kwara politics, Olusola Saraki.

Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed, made the announcement in Ilorin at the inauguration of the Sola Saraki Educational Foundation on Friday, May 19, 2017.

Ahmed, who declared that the Kwara State University, KWASU, would henceforth be called Sola Saraki University, explained that renaming the university was a better way of immortalising the late politician.

He said the late Waziri of Ilorin, had immense love for education as evident in his contributions to the building of several primary and secondary schools across the state.

The governor called on individuals and corporate bodies to invest in education as a way of securing the future of the children and donated N15 million for the takeoff of the foundation.

Sola Saraki was the father of Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate president.‎ He was born on May 13, 1933 in Ilorin, Kwara State, he was until his death regarded as the “strongman of Kwara politics”. He first ran in the 1964 parliamentary election for Ilorin as an independent candidate but lost.

After the election, he returned to medical practice in Lagos, only returning to party-politics in 1978/79.
In 1977, Mr. Saraki was elected as a member of the Constituent Assembly that produced the 1979 constitution.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/kwara-state-university-renamed-olusola.html

1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Ayodejioak(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2017
From KWASU to OLUSU.? No amount of change of name can change the reputation of that soul mehn.
My ex was once a law student at that school she had to rewrite jamb for UNILAG at her final year. kiss undecided embarassed

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by kennydee05(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2017
My summation after hearing about this unpatriotic action of the state governor with regards to the renaming of the state owned institution after a man that has no significant impact on the life of Kwarans aside installing his child as a state governor and later wanted to install his daughter as the state governor immediately after the tenure of his son, Sen. Bukola Saraki is that if the name is so important, why can't Sen. Bukola Saraki rename his football club Abubakar Bukola Saraki (ABS) FC Sola Saraki Football Club....

This development is a disastrous step to integrity in all ramifications.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Standardcosting(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2017
Okay
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Histrings08(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2017
Well tz about time
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by mykelmeezy: 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
who says men cant cook

make una come join me

i really didn't have anything useful to comment

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by kolnel: 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
Just as expected
The saraki owns the state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Firefire(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
nonsensical nonsense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by snowland(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
They for kuku change the name of the whole state to Saraki State. Bombastic Nonsense.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Standardcosting(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2017
Nice name

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by BABANGBALI: 7:02pm On May 20, 2017
It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

It is finished

Corruption pays in Nigeria especially in kwara state

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by emeijeh(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2017
What's all these renamings for?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Standardcosting(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2017
Jus like Fuoye

1 Like

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by rabonni(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2017
Make dem kukuma name our different states after these politrickcian

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by bigerboy200: 7:02pm On May 20, 2017
What nonsense They should have renamed the whole Kwara state as Olusola State, with Saraki as the state capital... Rubbish politicians who have brought nothing but suffering since 1960...... I've given up on the Joke called Nigeria...... right now on my way to Papua New Guinea.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by IgbosAreGreat(f): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by centboy123456(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
a
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by olatade(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
hisssss
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by maryjan8(f): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
OK
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by clems88(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2017
OK na . let the naming begin.
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Olusharp(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2017
All these change of Names, from KWASU to FUOYE...guess who is next.. probably Nigeria also need a change of Name..
Lately I have been confuse about this country as a whole.. really wish one could trek to one of this European countries, I would have hit the road a long time..or I should stowaway...pls advice me....
What am I even saying... am I writing an Epistle?

in case you need an helping hand pls check my signature...

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 20, 2017
there goes the transfer of ownership of a state owned university into the sole hands of a greedy politician

1 Like

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 20, 2017
It's official Kwara is strongly part of SW.

8 Likes

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Stevengerd(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2017
Arrant Nonsense... Make Una No Sha Change Lasu

1 Like

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Beverages: 7:05pm On May 20, 2017
The first time i'll see my state governor name in the news.
The man neutral no b small.

havent heard Any good news about him and vice versa .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by OKUCHI11(m): 7:06pm On May 20, 2017
L
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 20, 2017
nonsense!!!

Isn't that Bukola Saraki's father?

What has the Saraki family done for Kwara state except looting it dry.
They practically turned Kwara state to Family business.

Kwara state = Saraki conglomerate Plc.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by bamiwale: 7:07pm On May 20, 2017
metroparrot:
As a way to immortalise and honour the memory of the State’s first governor, the Kwara State University has been named after the late Senator Olusola Saraki.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/kwara-state-university-renamed-olusola.html

Sola Saraki was never a Governor in Kwara State. If you run a blog, confirm your facts right before publishing.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Rhodiumic(m): 7:07pm On May 20, 2017
It's alright,na dis kind thing Nigeria good for pass
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by alidav: 7:08pm On May 20, 2017
Nice very good move immotalizing a good man.
Re: Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University by Thermodynamics(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2017
mykelmeezy:
who says men cant cook

make una come join me ......
i really didn't have anything useful to comment
Nor be small small fawo full that you soup so ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG / The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.