Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion (6034 Views)

TECNO Camon 15 Premier (N95,000) Vs Camon 12 (N53,500) Speed Test (photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Camon 12 Air (N42,500) Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 20, 2017
hi, I made post here on nairaland,why Samsung is a rip off just like apple. Now I give you a phone with the same component except bigger ram.here is a video see how Samsung s8 is compared to this beast.
Unfortunately Samsung 4gb of ram is just poo here I the video below

The s8 was e t last with huge Tim gap from the both Chinese brawlers , Huawei p10

The s8 was like 30-40 second slower than xiaomi

Check xia mi6 specs on google..
The phone and around 140k new compared to Samsung s8 which Is very high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyiGbSjL5M

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by smartty68(m): 9:24pm On May 20, 2017
CHESTER48:
hi, I mad mad post here on nairaland,why Samsung is a rip off just like apple. Now I give you a phone with the same component except bigger ram.herd is a video see how Samsung s8 is compared to this beast.
Unfortunately Samsung 4gb of ram is just poo here I the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyiGbSjL5M

Even without watching the video I know Xiaomi would definitely take the lead

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2017
Cc BusinessHub1

I've given u a proof.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by sseunth(m): 9:46pm On May 20, 2017
I do not understand the gist of your conversation
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Dam5reey(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2017
For performance na Xiaomi...
If you need a phone that handles any task.. go for Mi6

For effizy go for S8/+, you get all you need, plus unwanted... Functions..

For Class Huawei, apple and coo... Nothing...

It's a choice, I love performance phones..

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 21, 2017
Dam5reey:
For performance na Xiaomi...
If you need a phone that handles any task.. go for Mi6

For effizy go for S8/+, you get all you need, plus unwanted... Functions..

For Class Huawei, apple and coo... Nothing...

It's a choice, I love performance phones..
I'm telling you,some people will come now and say na Samsung. but we all know na hype..imagine all the same specs on a phone, with better camera self higher battery capacity and 6gb of ram.half the price of the s8.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 21, 2017

For,me I have been a fan Of samsung.i can't use a phone bigger than 5.2 inch.but there came the s7 edge,i decided to adjust to the 5.5.but it was slippery as hell and fell almost all the time.i got fed up with the phone,and hope for Samsung s8,only to hear from the same specs as s7, same ram,same camera quality nothing more with bigger 5.8 inch when I was battling with 5.5 and low battery.with fast charge not working all the time.

Now the mi6 is out.better than the s8.the s8 is just better with the curved screen,which I don't even see reason for and higher inch,which I don't see why I can't operate a mobile phone with one hand. Without ir blaster,what if I can find my remote.

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by henry007(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2017
If you're speed crazy, go for xiaomi mi 6. If you want everything else(face unlock, iris scanner, water resistance, excellent camera) go for samsung s8.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 21, 2017
henry007:
If you're speed crazy, go for xiaomi mi 6. If you want everything else(face unlock, iris scanner, water resistance, excellent camera) go for samsung s8.
I'm sorry I have to quote u on the excellent camera.others can go.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Decale: 3:25am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:

For,me I have been a fan Of samsung.i can't use a phone bigger than 5.2 inch.but there came the s7 edge,i decided to adjust to the 5.5.but it was slippery as hell and fell almost all the time.i got fed up with the phone,and hope for Samsung s8,only to hear from the same specs as s7, same ram,same camera quality nothing more with bigger 5.8 inch when I was battling with 5.5 and low battery.with fast charge not working all the time.

Now the mi6 is out.better than the s8.the s8 is just better with the curved screen,which I don't even see reason for and higher inch,which I don't see why I can't operate a mobile phone with one hand. Without ir blaster,what if I can find my remote.

Lol.

S7 and S8 don't have same specs. Almost everything was an upgrade

And the case of mi6 being faster has to do with the software. Touchwiz has features that make S8 seem a bit slower. Get a vanilla ROM on the S8 and it'll be faster than the Mi6. The benchmarks already proved that

Besides, if you want Mi6, it's not the speed that's your reason; the price is. Stop hiding under which app loads faster cos it's very insignificant

Ciao

6 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by henry007(m): 4:29am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:

Hmmm.

S8 uses SD 835, S7 uses SD820
I'm sure there are comparison videos you can watch on youtube to see the real life performance between them.

What is IR blaster in this era of smart TV with wireless connection. Even when i have that option, i still prefer a remote because my phone is probably busy doing something more productive. IR blaster in smartphones is a gimmick and everyone knew that almost as soon as it was introduced.

I feel like if you have the budget for the latest and greatest android smartphone with a small screen, you should hold out for the next Google Pixel or just get the Xiaomi Mi 6. Heck i would probably go with the current Pixel for that camera.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 7:25am On May 22, 2017
Decale:

Lol.

And the case of mi6 being faster has to do with the software. Touchwiz has features that make S8 seem a bit slower. Get a vanilla ROM on the S8 and it'll be faster than the Mi6. The benchmarks already proved that

Besides, if you want Mi6, it's not the speed that's your reason; the price is. Stop hiding under which app loads faster cos it's very insignificant

Ciao
I'm sorry to burst your brain,the Samsung s8 is not using touchwiz anymore.they introduced a new ui.no matte ho had you try to make the s8 fast with a custom ROM you can't change it.a custom ROM is just a ui and nothing else.custom ROM has nothing with ram,or processor because they are embedded on th phine.so Samsung lags as hell.if you a Samsung fan,im sorry to tell you that phone is poo.and I expensive for nothing.they lack ram management. Apps loading faster means a lot,have u ever used . Bb10 an load of Android app and it takes ages to load,dont , ever sometimes feel like breaking that phone,so that how it is

Besides wetin Dem dey use benchmark do,when in real life,the lower benchmarks phones are faster

See the iphone7 plus with it high benchmarks. Yes it stands and defeats even the fastest android oneplus 3t.that what we call living up to your benchmarks.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2017
henry007:

Hmmm.

S8 uses SD 835, S7 uses SD820
I'm sure there are comparison videos you can watch on youtube to see the real life performance between them.

What is IR blaster in this era of smart TV with wireless connection. Even when i have that option, i still prefer a remote because my phone is probably busy doing something more productive. IR blaster in smartphones is a gimmick and everyone knew that almost as soon as it was introduced.

I feel like if you have the budget for the latest and greatest android smartphone with a small screen, you should hold out for the next Google Pixel or just get the Xiaomi Mi 6. Heck i would probably go with the current Pixel for that camera.
yet the oneplus 3t beat that s8 of of poo with it snapdragon 835.i think Samsung phones are laggy final verdict

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by OVA200(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2017
When I saw this thread I think you wan to do honest review about both phone but I can now see you have special hatred for Samsung and so for this I have to take your post as bias and take it with less serious hand.

And don't try to convince me because I can see what you post and your reply to other.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 8:03am On May 22, 2017
OVA200:
When I saw this thread I think you wan to do honest review about both phone but I can now see you have special hatred for Samsung and so for this I have to take your post as bias and take it with less serious hand.

And don't try to convince me because I can see what you post and your reply to other.

I did a honest review bro.btw,i don't ha hate for samsung.ive been a fan. But now I don't see reason to buy a s8 while I get all the same specs on a phone half the price.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by OVA200(m): 8:42am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:

I did a honest review bro.btw,i don't ha hate for samsung.ive been a fan. But now I don't see reason to buy a s8 while I get all the same specs on a phone half the price.

All the same spec? or app opening speed.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by henry007(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:

Fine, samsung is over priced.

But hating on it isn't going to make it any less pricey. Samsung has used many other features to make up for the fact that it isn't the fastest phone on the market. It's the best at other things starting with the beauty.

Samsung is the most beautiful smartphone on the market whether ios, windows phone OS or android.

Normally, that alone would be reason to price it higher than the rest but samsung doesn't just stop there, they had to steal the water resistance IP68 of the Sony and then claimed that to be their "new" selling point, no one but die hard sony fans care about Sony.

You'd think those 2 features are enough to increase price and stay ahead but no not just yet, samsung said they can't lose out on the bezeless race that no one even knew existed. They said their infinity screen go better pass Lg G6 and it is, now LG G6 looks like the counterfeit of the S8. Did samung stop there tho....nah they tried everything they could to chase the screen resolution race people didn't even know that Sony started with 4k Screen res.

Samsung short comings remain that battery size, the awkward placement of fingerprint sensor and it's price. Some people would never justify that price no matter how hard they try.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by henry007(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:
yet the oneplus 3t beat that s8 of of poo with it snapdragon 835.i think Samsung phones are laggy final verdict

Seriously, SD835 cannot be laggy because Oneplus 3t with SD 821 beat the Samsung. The Oneplus is just faster at opening apps than the samsung. Lag doesn't have to be present for one to win.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Decale: 10:16am On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:
I'm sorry to burst your brain,the Samsung s8 is not using touchwiz anymore.they introduced a new ui.no matte ho had you try to make the s8 fast with a custom ROM you can't change it.a custom ROM is just a ui and nothing else.custom ROM has nothing with ram,or processor because they are embedded on th phine.so Samsung lags as hell.if you a Samsung fan,im sorry to tell you that phone is poo.and I expensive for nothing.they lack ram management. Apps loading faster means a lot,have u ever used .

This statement clearly shows your knowledge about softwares and vindicates this thread

I don't know but you should try another UI on S8 or at least get back to me when you use an S8 and not based on YouTube videos, then get back to me. And FYI, apps loading slower on a phone doesn't mean it lags.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Decale: 10:45am On May 22, 2017
henry007:

they had to steal the water resistance IP68 of the Sony and then claimed that to be their "new" selling point, no one but die hard sony fans care about Sony.

Samsung didn't steal Water resistance from Sony. It's been on existence since 2005. Android phones like Motorola Defy and Samsung Xcover got it even before Sony did on their smartphones.

Did samung stop there tho....nah they tried everything they could to chase the screen resolution race people didn't even know that Sony started with 4k Screen res.

Again, Samsung isn't chasing 4K resolution. Resolution shouldn't matter unless you're using good VR, which renders 4K on Sony kinda useless. And also, 4K is limited to media content on those phones. So, it's still fairly useless

Samsung short comings remain that battery size, the awkward placement of fingerprint sensor and it's price. Some people would never justify that price no matter how hard they try.

Sony XZ premium is more expensive than S8
Samsung's 3000mAh is on par and better than most smartphones including the XZ premium

I haven't seen a good reason on this thread yet

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 22, 2017
henry007:

But hating on it isn't going to make it any less pricey. Samsung has used many other features to make up for the fact that it isn't the fastest phone on the market. It's the best at other things starting with the beauty.

[s]Samsung is the most beautiful smartphone on the market whether ios, windows phone OS or android.[/s]

Normally, that alone would be reason to price it higher than the rest but samsung doesn't just stop there, they had to steal the water resistance IP68 of the Sony and then claimed that to be their "new" selling point, no one but die hard sony fans care about Sony.

You'd think those 2 features are enough to increase price and stay ahead but no not just yet, samsung said they can't lose out on the bezeless race that no one even knew existed. They said their infinity screen go better pass Lg G6 and it is, now LG G6 looks like the counterfeit of the S8. Did samung stop there tho....nah they tried everything they could to chase the screen resolution race people didn't even know that Sony started with 4k Screen res.

sorry. That would be SONY
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 22, 2017
Decale:

Samsung didn't steal Water resistance from Sony. It's been on existence since 2005. Android phones like Motorola Defy and Samsung Xcover got it even before Sony did on their smartphones.

Again, Samsung isn't chasing 4K resolution. Resolution shouldn't matter unless you're using good VR, which renders 4K on Sony kinda useless. And also, 4K is limited to media content on those phones. So, it's still fairly useless

Sony XZ premium is more expensive than S8
Samsung's 3000mAh is on par and better than most smartphones including the XZ premium

I haven't seen a good reason on this thread yet
Samsung stole water resistance From SONY, iPhone also stole water resistance from SONY.
pls tell me how the s8 is better than the XZ premium
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by AntiPonzihater: 2:35pm On May 22, 2017
Decale:

Lol.

Ciao
That's true. On the stock Rom, Samsung packs in a lot of apps that slow the phone down.
But with custom ROMs, it's faster.

So saying Xiaomi is better because of speed is not really a big deal
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Decale: 3:52pm On May 22, 2017
beardlessdude:
Samsung stole water resistance From SONY, iPhone also stole water resistance from SONY.

Lol

Firstly, you don't steal water resistance. You file patents for it under a court procedure and they are granted to the awardees. Sony did the same thing as Apple. It's fairly stupid to think Apple/Samsung stole it from Sony

Secondly, Sony wasn't the first phone that was water resistant; Casio was. The first android smartphones that were water resistant as a matter of fact were Samsung Galaxy Xcover and Motorola Defy before Sony did on the Acro S. Sony just implemented it first on their flagships before other companies

Lastly, S8 or XZ premium have strengths and weaknesses. So, picking one above the other is understandable based on preference in a phone. Samsung generally just edges them out with their accessories and software implementation and updates.

Display: S8 is better. XZ premium is a 1080p LCD device masked as 4K

Camera: This is subjective. However, I'd pick a phone I can manually adjust my exposure triangle and store in RAW. S8 does this but not XZ premium. Using auto on XZ in low light leaves less to be desired cos of its huge megapixels and average post processing algorithm.

Software: Subjective. S8 is feature rich while XZ is close to Vanilla. You pick what works for you

Battery: Subjective based on how you use it. Both are good in SOT. Playing videos however makes the XZ premium a battery hog cos of the 4K resolution. Still, it can be adjusted. So, the point is mute.

But accessories are what make S8 to me superior: Gear VR + controller, Gear S3, wireless charger, AKG bundled headphones, cases, etc etc

You pick what works for you or what you're invested in

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 22, 2017
Decale:

Lol

Firstly, you don't steal water resistance. You file patents for it under a court procedure and they are granted to the awardees. Sony did the same thing as Apple. It's fairly stupid to think Apple/Samsung stole it from Sony

Secondly, Sony wasn't the first phone that was water resistant; Casio was. The first android smartphones that were water resistant as a matter of fact were Samsung Galaxy Xcover and Motorola Defy before Sony did on the Acro S. Sony just implemented it first on their flagships before other companies

Lastly, S8 or XZ premium have strengths and weaknesses. So, picking one above the other is understandable based on preference in a phone. Samsung generally just edges them out with their accessories and software implementation and updates.

Display: S8 is better. XZ premium is a 1080p LCD device masked as 4K

Camera: This is subjective. However, I'd pick a phone I can manually adjust my exposure triangle and store in RAW. S8 does this but not XZ premium. Using auto on XZ in low light leaves less to be desired cos of its huge megapixels and average post processing algorithm.

Software: Subjective. S8 is feature rich while XZ is close to Vanilla. You pick what works for you

Battery: Subjective based on how you use it. Both are good in SOT. Playing videos however makes the XZ premium a battery hog cos of the 4K resolution. Still, it can be adjusted. So, the point is mute.

But accessories are what make S8 to me superior: Gear VR + controller, Gear S3, wireless charger, AKG bundled headphones, cases, etc etc

You pick what works for you or what you're invested in
I still stand my ground that water resistance was stolen from SONY. That has always been SONY's selling point even though they had/have outstanding cameras. Forget these gear accessories bullsheet! The xperia XZ Premium beats the S8 hands down. The 4K HDR is out of this world or maybe I'm just being a SONY freak.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 22, 2017
CHESTER48:

Your hate for samsung and especially the s8 knows no bound.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/speed-test-galaxy-s8-vs-iphone-7,review-4380.html

You selectively searched for a vid where mi6 was faster then u used it as a yardstick. You've got a problem
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 22, 2017
henry007:

Samsung is the most beautiful smartphone on the market whether ios, windows phone OS or android.

I don't think Samsung flagship are overpriced. You should check out the cost of production of S7 and iPhone 7 then compare the retail prices?

S8 is even costlier to produce and if it were an Apple product, I'm dead sure it will cross $1100 for the base model.

The battery isn't an issue cos the chipset and optimisation makes it up. The awkward finger print is the issue but the fast iris scanner does the job too.

To each his own tho

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 22, 2017
beardlessdude:

XZ premium isn't even out yet so the comparison is baseless

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
ollah1:

XZ premium isn't even out yet so the comparison is baseless
it isn't out but we've seen videos from SONY. June 13th isn't far sha.
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 22, 2017
ollah1:

I don't think Samsung flagship are overpriced. You should check out the cost of production of S7 and iPhone 7 then compare the retail prices?

S8 is even costlier to produce and if it were an Apple product, I'm dead sure it will cross $1100 for the base model.

The battery isn't an issue cos the chipset and optimisation makes it up. The awkward finger print is the issue but the fast iris scanner does the job too.

To each his own tho
where is the fingerprint scanner of the S8 now located?
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 22, 2017
ollah1:

Your hate for samsung and especially the s8 knows no bound.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/speed-test-galaxy-s8-vs-iphone-7,review-4380.html

You selectively searched for a vid where mi6 was faster then u used it as a yardstick. You've got a problem
I'm sorry link was not found
Re: Xiaomi Mi6 Vs Samsung S8 Speed Test Video champion by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=CHESTER48 post=56771592][/quote]

Copy it till the end and paste it. Clicking won't work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Countries Where Whatsapp Has Been Banned / Gionee Launches Gionee G13 Pro With An Iphone 13 Resemblance (price In Nigeria) / My IOS Games (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.