Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Saul Broke The Pride Barrier - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saul Broke The Pride Barrier (1347 Views)

History: How Saul Created Jesus Christ / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / How A Wealthy Family Went Broke After Being Brainwashed In Church- Lady Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by kpakpandoN(m): 7:20am On May 21, 2017
Yesterday, we considered the need to fast often in order to maintain the Spirit’s control over the desires of our body. Today, let us consider another reason why we need to fast often, which is, to submit ourselves to God in humility (James 4:6-7). David had this understanding and that was why in Psalm 35:13 he said,
“But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.”

Whenever you find yourself becoming haughty, too full of yourself or looking down on others, you need to declare a fast so as to subdue the rise of pride in your life. Those who live in pride are distant from God. Even when He makes an attempt to reach such people, it will be very difficult because they have built a fence of pride around themselves. One major reason why some people don’t accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, even after witnessing His power and miracles, is pride. Those worst hit by this attitude tend to be learned, enlightened and widely travelled people. This is why you need to pray against the spirit of pride hindering the salvation of your loved ones.

Let us take a look at the life of Saul of Tarsus and learn some lessons from him. He was a very zealous and intelligent young man who wanted to please God, but he was proud. Meanwhile, God had been trying to reach out to him, but the fence of pride he had around him kept God out. Do you know that pride directs? If you are proud, it will direct you in the way you go about things, in what you do and what you don’t do. Whenever faith is combined with pride, at best, you will get religion. As Saul tried to serve and please God in the atmosphere of pride, he drifted further away from the One he thought he was pleasing, to the point where he began to fight the One he was supposed to satisfy. Pride blindfolds its victims. It makes a person work against what he or she originally set out to do or stand up for. It wasn’t until Jesus manifested Himself to Saul that he realised he had been working against the God he thought he was serving. Nevertheless, after he humbled himself with fasting and prayer for three days, he received salvation, healing of his blind eyes, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and a divine call of God to minister the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. If only you can submit yourself to God in humility through prayer and fasting, you can connect with God’s purpose for your life.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 12:30am On May 22, 2017
Amen 2 million times over!!!
So very, very true!

1 Like

Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by oaroloye(m): 4:01pm On May 24, 2017
Saul never broke the Pride Barrier.

He never humbled himself to accept the ONE TRUE Gospel, but invented one of his own- as if he had never heard of "DECEIVING SPIRITS" before!
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 24, 2017
oaroloye:

He never humbled himself to accept the ONE TRUE Gospel, but invented one of his own- as if he had never heard of "DECEIVING SPIRITS" before!

The OP is speaking about "Saul of Tarsus".
Now, ummm, my brother, what are you speaking about undecided

1 Like

Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by sonofthunder: 9:13pm On May 24, 2017
MZLady39:

The OP is speaking about "Saul of Tarsus". Now, ummm, my brother, what are you speaking about undecided
He knows the 'Saul'... lemme seat back for his reply.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 1:26am On May 25, 2017
sonofthunder:

He knows the 'Saul'... lemme seat back for his reply.

Oh ok......

1 Like

Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 11:15am On May 25, 2017
Pride is what has been eating us all up. It is the greatest sin despised by God, if I'm right.

Thank you OP

2 Likes

Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 5:10pm On May 25, 2017
MZLady39:

The OP is speaking about "Saul of Tarsus". Now, ummm, my brother, what are you speaking about undecided
Pls MZLady39, do yourself a huge favour, do not respond to that person

1 Like

Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 5:28pm On May 25, 2017
bennyann:
Pride is what has been eating us all up. It is the greatest sin despised by God, if I'm right.

Thank you OP
Pride is a Tree (The stronghold) which bears these fruits:
Anger, Arrogance, Hatred, Malice, envy, uncleanness( sexual perversions),wrath, sedition, Unforgiveness, Revenge, Stealing, Quarrelling, adultery, fornication,murder, fighting, rebellion, self conceitedness, Over confidence, Haughtiness, disobedience, indiscipline, Strife, rivalry, impatience, stubbornness, disrespect, dishonesty, obscenities, lying, low self esteem. Narcissism, idolatry, Lust, Covetousness, and many more.

Love is the Opposite of Pride.

Love is also a tree which bears the following fruits;
Joy, Peace,self control, gentleness, goodness, humility, faith, meekness, temperance.

Anyone who has crucified the flesh wont find the fruits of pride working and "Prevailing" in them.

Like the Op said, when you notice that the adversary is taking advantage of your carelessness maybe by reason of your environment at the time or association, you shd withdraw, declare a fast fumigate/cleanse your soul off these radicals.

Thanks Op.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 7:26am On May 28, 2017
analice107:

Pride is a Tree (The stronghold) which bears these fruits:
Anger, Arrogance, Hatred, Malice, envy, uncleanness( sexual perversions),wrath, sedition, Unforgiveness, Revenge, Stealing, Quarrelling, adultery, fornication,murder, fighting, rebellion, self conceitedness, Over confidence, Haughtiness, disobedience, indiscipline, Strife, rivalry, impatience, stubbornness, disrespect, dishonesty, obscenities, lying, low self esteem. Narcissism, idolatry, Lust, Covetousness, and many more.

Love is the Opposite of Pride.

Love is also a tree which bears the following fruits;
Joy, Peace,self control, gentleness, goodness, humility, faith, meekness, temperance.

Anyone who has crucified the flesh wont find the fruits of pride working and "Prevailing" in them.

Like the Op said, when you notice that the adversary is taking advantage of your carelessness maybe by reason of your environment at the time or association, you shd withdraw, declare a fast fumigate/cleanse your soul off these radicals.

Thanks Op.

I've never been so conscious of the bolded than now. Thanks sis.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 7:29am On May 28, 2017
oaroloye:

Dear,

Are you part of those that don't call themselves Christians because they were named that by unbelievers?

I'm just trying to figure out why you have a problem with Apostle Paul? And this is someone who has won his race already..
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 8:08am On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Happy Sunday my sister in the lord grin
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 8:13am On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Dear,

Are you part of those that don't call themselves Christians because they were named that by unbelievers?

I'm just trying to figure out why you have a problem with Apostle Paul? And this is someone who has won his race already..

Paul to me really save Christianity. In fact minus Paul, Christianity would long be ago.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 12:04pm On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Paul to me really save Christianity. In fact minus Paul, Christianity would long be ago.

So you noticed! Hmmmm
Tell that to oga oar....
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 12:05pm On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Happy Sunday my sister in the lord grin

Your sister in which lord? I beg ooo
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 12:22pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

UWC sis.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 12:25pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Dear,

Satan hates Apostle Paul for breaking the ranks and changing sides.

Anyone who calls his or herself a Christian but hates Paul, is not a Christian.

They all belong to Rebecca Browns group of fake Christians.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 12:27pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

hahahahahahahaha, O dear, i almost choked on my Yam.
I saw it too, i was confused.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:

Our lord Jesus Christ Na. I will convert back to Christianity because of you grin or don't you want to win souls for Christ?
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 3:34pm On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Our lord Jesus Christ Na. I will convert back to Christianity because of you grin or don't you want to win souls for Christ?

Bribery and corruption sad

To be in Christ, all your heart is needed. no divided attention.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 3:35pm On May 28, 2017
analice107:

hahahahahahahaha, O dear, i almost choked on my Yam.

I saw it too, i was confused.
grin
Sis, I don't think you were the one confused oo
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 3:36pm On May 28, 2017
analice107:

Satan hates Apostle Paul for breaking the ranks and changing sides.

Anyone who calls his or herself a Christian but hates Paul, is not a Christian.

They all belong to Rebecca Browns group of fake Christians.

Hmmmmm cry
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by analice107: 4:13pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:
grin Sis, I don't think you were the one confused oo
I was confused as to when he became a Christian.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 4:19am On May 29, 2017
bennyann:

Bribery and corruption sad

To be in Christ, all your heart is needed. no divided
attention.

my babe, I accept Christ as my personal lord and savior. pls minister to me.

I need help..
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 8:31am On May 31, 2017
onyenze123:

my babe, I accept Christ as my personal lord and savior. pls minister to me.

I need help..

Na so

It's high time you stopped pulling my legs oo

If it's true concentrate fully on Christ, not by force ooo but because you love Him..... Love Him first, put that love of God in practice, let it come from the inside out and leave the rest to God.

I hope you're fine dear? Sorry I replied your joke late undecided
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 31, 2017
bennyann:

Na so

It's high time you stopped pulling my legs oo

If it's true concentrate fully on Christ, not by force ooo but because you love Him..... Love Him first, put that love of God in practice, let it come from the inside out and leave the rest to God.

I hope you're fine dear? Sorry I replied your joke late undecided

I hope you're fine dear? Sorry I replied your joke late

grin
Which church do you attend?
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 6:33pm On May 31, 2017
onyenze123:

grin
Which church do you attend?

Why should I tell you? cheesy
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 31, 2017
bennyann:

Why should I tell you? cheesy

Because attending church is important for a Christian and since you comments on Nairaland are christ-like (unlike other Christians here) I would like to attend the church you attend. I need sane preaching and true followship
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by CyrusTheGreat: 7:15pm On May 31, 2017
Paul was a self-servicer and Christianity is a heap of lies and superstition.
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by bennyann: 7:33pm On May 31, 2017
onyenze123:

Because attending church is important for a Christian and since you comments on Nairaland are christ-like (unlike other Christians here) I would like to attend the church you attend. I need sane preaching and true followship

Bribery and corruption again.

If I tell you mine you will go mute. grin

Besides I'm not a product of a church but a product of a God fearing mother and my personal decisions and principles with the help and protection of God almighty... If all that make sense to you, grab it wink
Re: Saul Broke The Pride Barrier by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 31, 2017
bennyann:

Bribery and corruption again.

If I tell you mine you will go mute. grin

Besides I'm not a product of a church but a product of a God fearing mother and my personal decisions and principles with the help and protection of God almighty... If all that make sense to you, grab it wink

chai grin

This lady no gree me lord, let thy will be done cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Has Anita Oyakhilome Remarried? / Our Reality Is A Simulation Within A Greater Simulation / Anniversary: The Boys'Brigade @137 And The Boys'Brigade Nigeria @112

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.