Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? (1011 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Trinity Doctrine Exposed - See Why It Is False / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2017
The messages from the Bible has been interpreted differently by man. Even the Bible itself has had several verses added to it or being removed completely. This situation has created a long list of different beliefs, norms and values which has resulted to diverse interpretation/misinterpretation of this Holy book. One of the common belief, held by most Christians is the Trinity(a 3 in 1 powerful God) and the only passage of the Bible which supports this doctrine in some Bible translations is 1John 5:7 and it is found in some Bible translations(these translations didn't provide any reason as to why they were included as a part of the Bible) like the KJV and World English Bible. Some translations like the Amplified Bible has the same text with the KJV but it also provided a reference note while other translations such as the American Standard Version, Kingdom Interlinear Bible, New World Translation, Byington Bible and Reference Bible completely removed the text, providing a reference note which stated that the text was not part of the original manuscripts of the Bible. Now, NLanders, Please state 1 John 5 Vs 7 according to your own Bible translation and include the reference note if cited.
Do u think Trinity doctrine is scriptural and with what Bible proof?
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by orisa37: 1:59pm On May 21, 2017
God uses His Wand to get everything, including Himself in Heaven, Himself on Earth and Himself in us(humans).
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Peacefullove: 3:44pm On May 21, 2017
pleasureosondu:
The messages from the Bible has been interpreted differently by man. Even the Bible itself has had several verses added to it or being removed completely. This situation has created a long list of different beliefs, norms and values which has resulted to diverse interpretation/misinterpretation of this Holy book. One of the common belief, held by most Christians is the Trinity(a 3 in 1 powerful God) and the only passage of the Bible which supports this doctrine in some Bible translations is 1John 5:7 and it is found in some Bible translations(these translations didn't provide any reason as to why they were included as a part of the Bible) like the KJV and World English Bible. Some translations like the Amplified Bible has the same text with the KJV but it also provided a reference note while other translations such as the American Standard Version, Kingdom Interlinear Bible, New World Translation, Byington Bible and Reference Bible completely removed the text, providing a reference note which stated that the text was not part of the original manuscripts of the Bible. Now, NLanders, Please state 1 John 5 Vs 7 according to your own Bible translation and include the reference note if cited.
Do u think Trinity doctrine is scriptural and with what Bible proof?

That verse is a scam. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2017
I agree with you completely
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2017
The trinity part was not found in the original greek manuscript. It was later introduced in the latin vulgate.

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Richirich713: 4:31pm On May 21, 2017
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Deicide: 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
Yahweh have multiple personality disorder grin
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Jozzy4: 9:44pm On May 21, 2017
Deicide:
Yahweh have multiple personality disorder grin

Brother, can you show us where Yahweh claims to be three in one personality ?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2017
there are many verses that speaks about the trinity in the bible.when jesus was about to leave this word ,he made a statement about the trinity in john 17:21. JOHN 17:21. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I
are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in
you. And may they be in us so that the world will
believe you sent me.
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
there are many verses that speaks about the trinity in the bible.when jesus was about to leave this word ,he made a statement about the trinity in john 17:21. JOHN 17:21. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I
believe you sent me.
True talk my bro. But then, that same verse raises questions such as: Does the it mean the son(christ) is literally IN the Father? And if this is the case, are u saying that the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit died on the same day(cos the Trinity doctrine holds the view that they are one God) in regards to the death of Christ? . In addition, if they are one in a literal sense, which of them resurrected the Christ since they were dead? And please, don't say the Father came in the form of a man because when John the Baptist baptized Christ, a voice from heaven identified Christ as his son. Yes, John the Baptist didn't baptize the three deities at once. Even when Moses wanted to see the face of God, he was told that the penalty for it was death. I'll look for the verses later but my point is: there is some form of hierarchy amongst these personalities and they are not "in one" physically as we are taught but I think that the phrase"in one" signifies that they work" in harmony, in unity or together". They act in like mind. In this sense, I agree but via the trinity doctrine, you are saying that Men killed Gods. In fact, that Man killed their Maker and you know that we would all be dead by now since God the Father, who gives life is dead.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by prinzfavian(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
believe you sent me.

How does that verse supports Trinity for Heaven sake?
From what you quoted, Jesus said His followers should be one just as he is one with his father, this all points to one thing and meaning...that there should be unity in line of thought (i.e agreement) of his adherents just as he and his father agrees in all things...
and even if I'm to go by your trinitarian reasoning, that place talks about just Jesus and his father being one no one else, that's duality not trinity, so show me please how that place supports the trinity or any other verse in the scripture?
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
m
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2017
pleasureosondu:

True talk my bro. But then, that same verse raises questions such as: Does the it mean the son(christ) is literally IN the Father? And if this is the case, are u saying that the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit died on the same day(cos the Trinity doctrine holds the view that they are one God) in regards to the death of Christ? . In addition, if they are one in a literal sense, which of them resurrected the Christ since they were dead? And please, don't say the Father came in the form of a man because when John the Baptist baptized Christ, a voice from heaven identified Christ as his son. Yes, John the Baptist didn't baptize the three deities at once. Even when Moses wanted to see the face of God, he was told that the penalty for it was death. I'll look for the verses later but my point is: there is some form of hierarchy amongst these personalities and they are not "in one" physically as we are taught but I think that the phrase"in one" signifies that they work" in harmony, in unity or together". They act in like mind. In this sense, I agree but via the trinity doctrine, you are saying that Men killed Gods. In fact, that Man killed their Maker and you know that we would all be dead by now since God the Father, who gives life is dead.
yes you just answer the question yourself.they father is greater than the son.they work in harmony ,unity,oneness,like mind.yet they are one. this are spiritual wisdom that could not be understood with our limited human brain.but let me bring it down to the earthly level that you can easily understand.go and read genesis 2:24.it says that when a man unite with his wife,they become ONE FLESH.no longer two people but one flesh.why one flesh?,because the agree in all things and are indivisible.
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:49pm On May 22, 2017
prinzfavian:

How does that verse supports Trinity for Heaven sake?
From what you quoted, Jesus said His followers should be one just as he is one with his father, this all points to one thing and meaning...that there should be unity in line of thought (i.e agreement) of his adherents just as he and his father agrees in all things...
and even if I'm to go by your trinitarian reasoning, that place talks about just Jesus and his father being one no one else, that's duality not trinity, so show me please how that place supports the trinity or any other verse in the scripture?
the verse said just as I am in you and you in me. That denotes oneness .the problem is that you try to understand spiritual wisdom with human limited brain.ok let me explain it the way your human brain could easily understand.I believe you study gene and chromosome in secondary school biology?.do you know that according to medical science,you contain some of the genes and chromosome of all your ancestors or generation?.you will also tranfer it to your children?.it means that the genetic finger print of all your ancestors is in you.their genetic properties is inside of you.now when I ask you your name,do you go about listing all the names of your ancestors whose genetic finger print is inside of you?. This combine totality of the gene of your parent and ancestors is what gave rise to you.your hair colour,skin colour,height,etc.combination of gene from your bloodline, yet you are one person. Why are you not more than one person please?.I'm using earthly things to explain the trinity to you.that's how we have the father,son and spirit,yet one God.let me use chemistry and geography to give you another example. We have three major source of water. Rain water,underground water or bore hole, and river water. These are waters from different source. Now I put a big glass cup before you. I now pour rain,river and bore hole water into this glass cup and ask you to separate the three waters.will you be able to separate the three waters in the cup?. And what do call the substance in the cup?.is it not water.three source of water,yet united as one,in harmony and indivisible.that's trinity for you my brother
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by johnw74: 7:16am On May 23, 2017
The Father is God:
Mat_11:25  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth....

The Word is God:
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

The Holy Spirit is God:
1Co_3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Faith given believers are the temple of God, and who dwelleth in the temple of God, other than God?

God is a Spirit:
Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

and of course it is God - the Holy Spirit who resides in the temple of God.
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
the verse said just as I am in you and you in me. That denotes oneness .the problem is that you try to understand spiritual wisdom with human limited brain.ok let me explain it the way your human brain could easily understand.I believe you study gene and chromosome in secondary school biology?.do you know that according to medical science,you contain some of the genes and chromosome of all your ancestors or generation?.you will also tranfer it to your children?.it means that the genetic finger print of all your ancestors is in you.their genetic properties is inside of you.now when I ask you your name,do you go about listing all the names of your ancestors whose genetic finger print is inside of you?. This combine totality of the gene of your parent and ancestors is what gave rise to you.your hair colour,skin colour,height,etc.combination of gene from your bloodline, yet you are one person. Why are you not more than one person please?.I'm using earthly things to explain the trinity to you.that's how we have the father,son and spirit,yet one God.let me use chemistry and geography to give you another example. We have three major source of water. Rain water,underground water or bore hole, and river water. These are waters from different source. Now I put a big glass cup before you. I now pour rain,river and bore hole water into this glass cup and ask you to separate the three waters.will you be able to separate the three waters in the cup?. And what do call the substance in the cup?.is it not water.three source of water,yet united as one,in harmony and indivisible.that's trinity for you my brother
Hmm, are you saying that they are equals, using the illustrations that you provided?
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2017
trinity
ˈtrɪnɪti/
noun
the three persons of the Christian Godhead; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
a group of three people or things.
noun: trinity; plural noun: trinities
"the wine was the first of a trinity of three excellent vintages"
the state of being three.
noun: trinity
"God is said to be trinity in unity" The definition of Trinity.
Note that the definition contains phrases as " a group of three people or things" and "the state of being three ". Merriam Webster dictionary included the word "Godhead ". Yes they work in agreement but are they equals?
Re: The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2017
pleasureosondu:
trinity
ˈtrɪnɪti/
noun
the three persons of the Christian Godhead; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
a group of three people or things.
noun: trinity; plural noun: trinities
"the wine was the first of a trinity of three excellent vintages"
the state of being three.
noun: trinity
"God is said to be trinity in unity" The definition of Trinity.https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Trinity&ved=0ahUKEwjoluD89IzUAhXEQBoKHT6JAyYQFggrMAE&usg=AFQjCNG2eUKLaaN0cSSF2mrGIRoGuGDLHg&sig2=Wb7zxCT_sdvhqDl4OSc68g
Note that the definition contains phrases as " a group of three people or things" and "the state of being three ". Merriam Webster dictionary included the word "Godhead ". Yes they work in agreement but are they equals?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 / Biblical Reply To A Thread: The Reason Why I Left Christianity / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.