Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,868 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Brave Student,18,Helped Snare The Rapist Who Attacked Her By Filming Everything - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Brave Student,18,Helped Snare The Rapist Who Attacked Her By Filming Everything (641 Views)

Police Free 42-Year-Old Yobe Rapist Who Raped 7-Year-Old Girl / Rapist Who Tore Girl's Private Part In Lagos Punished. Graphic / Serial Rapist Who Tore Girl's Private Part Apprehended In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brave Student,18,Helped Snare The Rapist Who Attacked Her By Filming Everything by sloye5(m): 8:01am On May 22, 2017
Brave student, 18, helped snare the rapist who attacked her by filming the entire assault on her mobile phone

Lillian Constantine was attacked at 2am by Ashraf Miah, 34, in Ramsgate, Kent
Miah attacked her beneath a street light, turned off by the council to save money
Lillian was able to hit the record button as she was using mobile to light the way
Miah, a Bangladeshi takeaway worker, was jailed for 13-and-a-half years

A teenager helped snare the man who tried to rape her after she managed to record the brutal assault on her mobile phone.
Student Lillian Constantine, 18, can be heard screaming and pleading with her attacker on the two-minute 47-second clip, recorded on her Samsung as she walked home in Ramsgate, Kent.
It is thought to be the first time ever that a victim's own footage of an entire attack has helped put a rapist behind bars.

It was only because Lillian was using her phone to light the way that she was able to hit the record button.
Ashraf Miah, 34, attacked her beneath a street light that had been turned off by a council to save money.
Police were able to isolate a still from the grainy film, allowing Miah, a Bangladeshi takeaway worker, to be traced to an address in London.

The illegal immigrant was jailed last month for 13-and-a-half years and must serve a minimum of nine-and-a-half years.
In an amazing show of courage, the teenager has today waived her right to anonymity to tell other sex crime victims to come forward.
She said: 'It can be hard to fight off a grown man, but if anyone in my situation can grab their phone and try to capture them, you may have more of a chance.

I'm glad I did it. If I hadn't, it would have been someone else in the end.'
Sentencing Miah at Canterbury Crown Court, Judge James O'Mahony said watching the 'ruthless and determined' assault on film would stay with him for a 'very long time'.
He said: 'In 13 years on the bench, I have seldom heard a more harrowing incident of the brave victim screaming in terror and pleading for it to stop and the awful suffering she endured.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4526674/Kent-student-18-snares-rapist-filming-attack-phone.html#ixzz4hmwxXsuj

Re: Brave Student,18,Helped Snare The Rapist Who Attacked Her By Filming Everything by sisisioge: 8:16am On May 22, 2017
Yeah, go forrk the bars behind bars SOB! Illegal iddiat who couldn't control his darn peepee. Oyinara!

(1) (Reply)

Herbalist Collects N4m From Driver For Favour Charm / Children's End Of Year Party Gone Wrong (video) / Evans Kidnap Victim Donatus Dunu Lament Release Of Informant,says Life In Danger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.