Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman (11097 Views)

Career As A Salesman / PVC Hose/offshore Oil Delivery Hose From China Manufacturer Recruitment Salesman / Top Management Practices To Maximize Employee Motivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by magazineguy(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2017
Selling is a tedious and rewarding job at the same time. When a salesman knows how to go about his job effectively and efficiently, the sky will be his limit as he will achieve a lot financially and career wise.

Sales are the life wire of every business and as clearly stated by Samuel Watson: “nothing happens until someone sells something”. The statement simply says every other activity and continuity of a business relies on the inflow of revenue from sales. Therefore the art of selling is very important and should be understood and mastered.

A salesman or a business owner that intends to maximize sales and generate revenue should practice the following selling steps:

Have Product/Service Knowledge

This is very important as you cannot offer what you have no information about to your potential customers. The knowledge should be a totality of how your product/service functions, its importance, its unique selling proposition, the industry you are operating and other firms with alternative offering competing with yours.

Prospecting

Try to know the persons or organization that will likely patronize your business, you should also have in mind the 20/80 rule as the big buyers are always within the 20, you should work more towards winning them and also on the 80 too.

Relationship and Trust

A salesperson should have people skill and be able to freely discuss on several subjects, he/she should be very professional in appearance and conduct to be able to win prospects trust and friendliness. The ability to listen is very important as customers need(s) can be easily known through listening.

Presentation

Matching needs through presentation after listening and knowing exactly what the prospect needs is very crucial and should be done convincingly with understandable features and benefits of your product/service.

Answer Objection Questions

Customers have questions and doubts about why they should patronize your business. Answer these questions in the most convincing manner and give social proofs of your existing customers if you have to and also bring forth your unique selling proposition (USP).

Close Selling

This is the concluding part of the whole process. Always try to bring this forward after objections are tackled and your potential customer is convinced. Politely ask to get his/her order and then deliver quickly at the best possible time and provide after sales services to pave way for further businesses and referrals.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/6-selling-practices-increase-revenue/

cc

lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by RichYoungNigga: 9:15am On May 22, 2017

Sorry to tell you this

You can't practice how to be a good salesman/saleswoman

If you don't have it in you, you don't have it

You don't need to study business, economics or accounting to be a good salesman

I can sell you a product i know nothing about, then turn around and tell you it will kill you when you get home and you will still buy it

You can't practice how to be a good salesman

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Goldenheart(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2017
Cool
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by negz1(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2017
noted!!...
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by obembet(f): 9:17am On May 22, 2017
Insurance marketer, una don come to market us here too...

Nice write up bro

1 Like

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Nobody: 9:17am On May 22, 2017
NOTED
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Houseofglam7(f): 9:18am On May 22, 2017
I no kukuma get the patience to sell anything sef

Make I just read pass.
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by eanestca(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2017
connection nko
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by braine(m): 9:21am On May 22, 2017
Nice one.
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by negz1(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2017
uzoclinton:
NOTED
dats my line...
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Preciousseed(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2017
Thanks a lot for this!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:39am On May 22, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Sorry to tell you this

I can sell you a product i know nothing about, then turn around and tell you it will kill you when you get home and you will still buy it

There is no skill that cannot be learnt by a determined person least of all salesmanship. I don't know where you got that from.

11 Likes

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Orpe7(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] ARM LIFE PLC IN THE DA BUILDING. U NEED TO SAVE UP FOR YPUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION, HOLLA 07084516411
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by MeinKampf: 9:57am On May 22, 2017
More like CUSTOMER STEPS OF CALLS
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by RichYoungNigga: 10:13am On May 22, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

There is no skill that cannot be learnt by a determined person least of all salesmanship. I don't know where you got that from.

You can also learn how to be good in bed ??

It's inbuilt

1 Like

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by magazineguy(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Sorry to tell you this

Hey bro, I am actually shocked at your statements.

Firstly, there is nothing like inbuilt, everybody learns. Agreed there are some persons with abilities doesn't mean you can learn it. Just like in school, we believe some students are brilliant while others are dull. But have seen a case where a dull student studied diligently and came out with good grades?

Secondly, acquiring necessary certification & degree matters a lot.

Lastly, selling a product you know nothing about works when you are trying to convince illiterates or people without good education.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by ephi123(f): 10:33am On May 22, 2017
magazineguy:

Hey bro, I am actually shocked at your statements.

Firstly, there is nothing like inbuilt, everybody learns. Agreed there are some persons with abilities doesn't mean you can learn it. Just like in school, we believe some students are brilliant while others are dull. But have seen a case where a dull student studied diligently and came out with good grades?

Secondly, acquiring necessary certification & degree matters a lot.

Lastly, selling a product you know nothing about works when you are trying to convince illiterates or people without good education.

Very true.
Agreed, we all have natural skills and strengths but if you fail to develop them, they become of no use.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Nobody: 10:48am On May 22, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I Taya o.

1 Like

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by factwriter(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

That dude (RichYoungNigga) has a "wrangler" approach to everything. He seems to believe HARD WAYS are the ONLY WAYS.

Dude must be living on some kind of fast lane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by factwriter(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2017
Mruzorr:
Recover your bet losses yesterday and boost your income.
call or whatsapp now to get winning.
view picture for proof of winnings

If this your BET is real and SURE then you would have been comfortably retired into sitting down and savouring your gains by NOW instead of parading UP & DOWN changing monikers and spamming us with this crap.

Get a job, even if it's bricklaying. Do something you will be proud relating to your grandchild when that vertebrae (you are abusing now) is gone.

Afterall as they say: there is dignity in labour.
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by factwriter(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

It's inbuilt

Hey dude slow down, will ya. That sh!t ain't real.
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Bj5all(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Sorry to tell you this

This one weak me. You are wrong bro, very wrong.
I started sales job after my NYSC, though sales is everything we all do but doing it professionally it's something everybody can do if you dedicate your time and energy to learn the process.

At first, i never really liked it because of the targets but for so many other benefits i begin to love the career.

I'm 4 years in the business of sales and i can boldly tell you that salesmen are made not just born.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by Bj5all(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

It's inbuilt

Stop spilling trash, who doesn't learn to be good in bed?

Inbuilt? I don't understand.

Is there anything u do that u have not learnt the process?

Tell me one
Re: 6 Selling Practices To Be A Good Salesman/woman by ejanla077: 11:27am On May 22, 2017
you only need to be Igbo... shikena

(1) (2) (Reply)

In One Sentence Describe Your Boss. / We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? / How Can One Sell Him/herself In Career World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.