Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

How To Prevent Lost Luggage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Prevent Lost Luggage (493 Views)

Woman Stopped At German Airport After Husband's Bones Were Found In Her Luggage / Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Lost Luggage by TraveldenNG: 9:46am On May 22, 2017
EVERY traveler's worst nightmare is losing their luggage and there are several preventive measures you can take to lower the risk of it happening.

No one likes the thought having to go through the strenuous process of recovering lost luggage other important possessions they have packed for their trip or vacation. Some airports are very organised when it comes to handling passenger's luggage, whereas, some airports are not.
Regardless of the organization standards of the airport, the tips below will help reduce the risk of your luggage going missing.

1. Book Direct Flights Instead
Booking direct flights as opposed to connecting flights may cost more but with that, you stand a higher chance of not losing your luggage. This is because on connecting flights, your luggage is unloaded off the plane, transported across the airport and loaded onto another plane again. With every plane connection, your luggage goes through this process and because of the frequent handling, your luggage can easily get lost or mixed up with other peoples.

2. Use a Smart Suitcase
A smart suitcase is a type of travel bag that allows you to do more than just store your clothes. Most smart suitcases come with a GPS tracking device which allows you to locate your bags and easily retrieve them if they ever go missing. It is a handy device that makes you more sophisticated as a traveler.

3. Tie a Ribbon Over It
Believe me, putting a colored ribbon on the handle of your suitcase helps you identify your bags easily. You’d be surprised at just how easy spotting your bag in the midst of many others that look like yours will be.
You may think that you'd be able to recognize your bag but a lot of the times, even people with the sharpest most trained vision still manage to get their luggage muddled up with other peoples.

4. Check in Early
When you check in early, your bags can be tagged, processed and loaded onto the plane in time. When you arrive and check in late, you stand the chance of this procedure being rushed, therefore, the risk of lost luggage will most likely be increased.

For cheap flights, visas, travel insurance, hotels and airport protocol services, visit www.travelden.com and for travel information, visit:

www.travelden.com/blog

Email: info@travelden.com

Office hours: 8am - 5pm Mondays to Fridays: 01 4482500 / 01 230 0021

Saturdays: 10am - 2 pm: 01 4482500 / 01 230 0021

After hours: 6pm - 10 pm: 09082888865

Saturdays and Sundays: 2pm - 10 pm: 09082888865

Twitter: www.twitter.com/traveldenng

Facebook: www.facebook.com/traveldenng

Instagram: www.instagram.com/traveldenng

2 Likes

Re: How To Prevent Lost Luggage by GoldCircle: 3:07pm On May 22, 2017
nice one! thanks
Re: How To Prevent Lost Luggage by marisdgreat(f): 3:54pm On May 22, 2017
Please I paid home delivery services to air cargo transit in abuja airport using imex services cos some goods were sent to me from Illinois to abuja. And I paid for it on weds since then up till now am yet to receive the goods n d rep 08143152323 has refused to pick my calls. Please who is working in an airport to help me n deliver my message so that I will received the goods this is d air flight code AA001 air flight no: 3601983 tracking website aircargo.wap.mu I have my tracking number and name in case any one is willing to help me. The goods should be sent from abuja to Enugu I paid 24630 for the services.

(1) (Reply)

DV Visa 2018 Foreign State Of Chargeability Winner / Cheap Tuition Master Degree In German Uni Or 20% Scholarshp Australian Uni / Travel To Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.