Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

OAU Admission Thread - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission Thread (1061 Views)

OAU Admission Section 2019/2020 / OAU Admission 2019/2020 / OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Admission Thread by Meeno(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2017
OAU admission Thread
Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2019
OAU Admission Rush
Being around OAU since 2006—first as a candidate, then as an undergraduate, then as a postgraduate student, and also as a known educational consultant in Ife—has given me a huge load of experience over how admission goes in Obefemi Awolowo UnIversity (OAU) at whatever level—from the level of the pre-degree, to the undergraduate (UTME and DE), and to the postgraduate; so much for refusing to leave Ife as almost everyone does when they manage to finish their first degree programme in OAU. No one loves to come back to OAU after escaping the school the first time (the word 'love' in the statement was carefully chosen). But people like me, we just act like OAU is the only university in the country, and we can’t afford to not be there. And sometimes, it does really feel as though OAU is the only university in the country. I mean, does it not sound like the lion is the only animal in the forest sometimes? Continue reading the article here>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2019/10/oau-admission-rush-tags-nairaland-oau.html?m=1

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:28am On Oct 07, 2019
It’s no news anymore that OAU has released to JAMB the first batch of the names of people who have been offered admission by the institution, remaining for JAMB to upload it on their portal. At least everyone on the list can now see a certain change on their CAPS on JAMB’s website (i.e. change from NOT ADMITTED YET to PROCESSING ADMISSION). But before I continue on expatiating the admission news, let me take advantage of this topic to explain once again that—contrary to what almost everyone thinks—it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school you have applied to, and CAPS is only a platform JAMB uses to monitor the admission processes of every school to make sure no one is offered more than one admission when there are people who didn’t even get one. In simpler terms, your school—after screening you—determines the criteria they want to use to admit applicants, they make a list of the applicants they have considered for admission based on the criteria they have determined or through any other means that could make the applicant qualify for the consideration for admission (runs, slots, etc.), they release the lists to JAMB, and JAMB uploads them to their web (CAPS). This should be enough to make it clear how it is not JAMB that offers admission but the school. This could seem like unneeded information, but for those having issues with their schools and JAMB over their admission; they cannot see this information as useless. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/10/oau-set-to-release-first-batch-tags-oau.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:30am On Nov 07, 2019
How Slots, “Runs” and Admission Processing work in OAU
Being a “runsman” (as they address us), I have gotten to be in conversations with candidates and parents who only know there are things called slots, “runs”, and admission processing, but really don’t understand how they work. I have also conversed with candidates and parents who don’t even know a thing about all these things I just mentioned. Hence, it becomes a call on a runsman cum blogger like me to take advantage of blogging to explain this issue which causes problems for OAU runsmen like me. I’ll start from explaining how slots work in OAU. Continue reading here>>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2019/11/how-slots-runs-and-admission-processing.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2019
Still Waiting on OAU’s Admission List
The year is having just few of working days left, the school is already one week into her Rain (Second) Semester exams, and most Predegree, UTME and DE applicants are yet to have their names on CAPS as offered admission. What is happening? Why is OAU overly slow about this admission processes, and is it safe to keep waiting on OAU hoping when they eventually release all their batches of admission lists, your name will be there. Here are the questions applicants and their parents have been asking recently, and I want to address these questions in this write-up. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2019/12/still-waiting-on-oaus-admission-list.html

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2020
“Transfer Approval” and “Admission Eligibility Newly Introduced on CAPS: The Possible Effects
The introduction of Admission Eligibility to CAPS is the newest function to add to the web, and I can already tell it’s a very good one. Good one because aspirants and their wards won’t have to wait on an admission that will never be given again. You just check your eligibility for the course you are under consideration for, and if you don’t have three green boxes carrying yes, yes and yes in them, you already know you can’t be offered admission to that course, this is when you need a slot—the only place left which slots can still work. Your slot person will just need to get a slot for you to another department which cutoff you beat; you see how easy it suddenly got to process admission? You are carried along in every process, instead of being left in the dark as it used to be years ago. Kudos to JAMB. But if you are an aspirant currently on slots, it’s advisable you talk to your slot person ASAP to know how the new development will be affecting you or has affected you, and re-strategize on the new thing to do. CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING >>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/02/transfer-approval-and-admission.html

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2020
Updates on OAU’s Undergraduate Admission
This is the time when everyone starts to hear different things about OAU’s admission—some of which could be true, but they mostly are fabricated by people who don’t know what’s actually going on and people who are really anxious about their admission processing and would say anything about the admission processes and make it sound like the most official statement. I will start clearing some rumors currently going around about OAU’s undergraduate admission—involving UTME and DE applicants. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/02/updates-on-oaus-undergraduate-admission.html

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission Thread by bukiah: 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
PECng:
Updates on OAU’s Undergraduate Admission
This is the time when everyone starts to hear different things about OAU’s admission—some of which could be true, but they mostly are fabricated by people who don’t know what’s actually going on and people who are really anxious about their admission processing and would say anything about the admission processes and make it sound like the most official statement. I will start clearing some rumors currently going around about OAU’s undergraduate admission—involving UTME and DE applicants. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>> https://www.pec-ng.com/2020/02/updates-on-oaus-undergraduate-admission.html
Thank you very much for this information. I have been given admission transfer to agric econs last week Tuesday. I accepted the offer since then my CAPS is showing "admission in progress, check back later" I am worried since they will soon resume. Please, what can I do?
Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 2:25pm On May 16, 2021
How CAPS Transfer Approval Works for OAU UTME and DE Aspirants
I need to open this one by first stating that if you have scored the high score in the UTME and in the Post-UTME, and you in fact have the “Eligible for Admission” on your slip, none of this equal “your admission is assured” in OAU; there is still something called the departmental cutoff that could screen you off even by a mark that’s only an infinitesimally small number higher than the aggregate score you have at hand (for instance, the merit cutoff for Estate Management this year is 52.7, unless the ELDS and Catchment Areas marks favour you, if you have 52, that 0.7 difference between your aggregate score and the merit cutoff mark could deny you of the admission, and that’s a number far lesser than 1). CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2021/05/how-caps-transfer-approval-works-for.html

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Something the 2021/2022 OAU Aspirants Must Know About their Admission Selection Process
OAU’s NUC quota as at the 2017/2018 admission session was 11,000 to be matriculated for an admission session. I know this because OAU admitted about 15,000 the said session and NUC had to put a check on that (that was the year NUC was hot and dis-accrediting departments and schools anyhow). This said session, OAU had to scatter the about 15,000 names they had cleared for admission to remove thousands of them so they could fit into their NUC quota. I do not know what the NUC quota for OAU is at this time, but let’s assume it’s still 11,000. This would mean the 60:40 ratio OAU is using to admit from the two admission sessions merged together would mean 60% of the NUC quota from one session and 40% from the other. OAU had admitted the 60% (6,600 of 11,000) from the 2020/2021 applicants who wrote the Post-UTME earlier in 2021, and the remaining 40% (4,400 of 11,000) would be admitted from the 2021/2022 applicants who wrote the Post-UTME later in 2021, and the two admission sessions would resume together in January 2022 for the 2021/2022 academic session. READ MORE HERE>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2021/11/something-20212022-oau-aspirants-must.html

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 2:40pm On May 16, 2022
The Next Things for OAU Aspirants Now that they have Passed their UTME
Yearly, I always advise OAU aspirants to never have a reason to wait till OAU says something about post-UTME before they start making moves about their admission processes; there are thousands (if not millions) of UTME applicants who chose OAU as their choice of school, but the 200/400 total UTME score required by OAU for an aspirant to qualify for their post-UTME cuts the competition down by lots of thousands to fewer thousands who will also have to compete in the post-UTME before the school’s departments would give out their cutoff marks to cut more thousands of applicants off to the level of having just a few hundreds or less per department. This would mean that from the level of picking up a UTME form and choosing OAU, to the level of admission, being an OAU aspirant would mean that you are competing with thousands of people who want the same thing you want, and there are a lot of things you must do differently and better to be what determines whether you win in the competition or you lose in it. CONTINUE READING HERE https://www.pecngr.com/2022/05/the-next-things-for-oau-aspirants-now.html

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
The Danger of Having a High Aggregate Score in OAU’s Post-UTME and not Getting Admitted
Like many other highly competitive schools in Nigeria, OAU’s model for admissions changes every now and then to level up with events, so it’s okay to say OAU does not have a fixed system for determining who gets admitted and who doesn’t. Don’t get me wrong, the Post-UTME system of screening out thousands of applicants is a constant thing and it has proven itself effective over the years, so this is not what I’m talking about when I say OAU does not have a fixed system for determining who gets admitted and who doesn’t; what I mean is that after the Post-UTME has screened out thousands of applicants who couldn’t score the required average mark in the Post-UTME aggregate score to make them earn the “Eligible for Admission” comment, there are still thousands of candidates remaining who would still have to struggle to earn one admission from the mere 10,000 to 15,000 admission spots available in the school every admission session. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2022/12/the-danger-of-having-high-aggregate.html

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 12:40pm On May 15, 2023
When is OAU Post-UTME?
One of the most asked questions amongst OAU UTME and DE aspirants at this time is the question of when OAU is going to be conducting their Post-UTME screening. This is because the competition is obviously high as usual, and lagging behind could make anyone miss their chances of getting admitted. People who are not used to OAU and people who don’t have anyone around OAU to give them the vital information needed may be found lagging behind in one way or the other; people like this could be learning about the Post-UTME just when it’s one week to the exam or even when they have already written the exam. People like this may not know there is a Post-UTME study pack they are supposed to buy and use to prepare for the exam, if they know about this pack they may not know where to get one. Some people would write the exam, go home and not hear anything again until all admission processes are over; they would come to school much later only to see “ADMISSION IS OVER” on every door. All these can be caused by lack of information, late information or misinformation. This is why as early as after UTME results are out, every serious OAU aspirants and their parents would already be on the lookout for every information and connection they may need. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/05/when-is-oau-post-utme.html

Re: OAU Admission Thread by PECng: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2023
Important Information on OAU’s 2023/2024 UTME/DE Admissions
For the 2023/2024 admission session, I want to discuss one situation that would make so many OAU aspirants not get admitted this year even when their scores are good enough to qualify for a university admission. The Post-UTME is fast-approaching, in fact the registration for it is currently going on, but many people who have chosen OAU as their first choice and have scored at least 200 in the UTME as the school requires do not know that this year’s OAU admission race is not the race to enter with the average points; this year’s admission race is strictly for people who have—as par what they have applied for—scored crazily high in their O/Levels, UTME, and consequently in their Post-UTME, or they have not scored really high but they know people. The reason for this is that OAU is only admitting 40% of their admission quota from the 2023/2024 applicants, they have admitted 60% of the quota from the 2022/2023 applicants. I hope you understand this is not me saying OAU is only admitting 40% of the 2023/2024 applicants? Because this is me actually saying OAU has their quota—as directed by NUC—which they should admit per one academic session, and because OAU needs to merge the 2022/2023 and the 2023/2024 applicants together in one academic session. Like I said, they have admitted 60% of the quota from the 2022/2023 admission session, and the 60% from 2022/2023 admission session and the 40% from the 2023/2024 admission session are to resume together in October 2023 for the 2023/2024 academic session. Are you seeing why the 2023/2024 admission selection process is going to be a war? You must score very high or have the longest legs to be part of the 40%. CONTINUE READING HERE>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/08/important-information-on-oaus-20232024.html

(1) (Reply)

OAU 2017/2018 Admission Screening Details Released (UTME & DE) / Caps Admission Acceptance Page Is Now Working / NEWS ASUU Strike Update: OAU Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.