Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State (384 Views)

Friends Wore School Uniform To Wedding Of Couple Who Wore Uniforms In PreWedding / Wedding Of Igbo Man In Malaysia To A Muslim Woman (Photos) / Lady Plays Groomsman Role At The Wedding Of Her Brother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State by oluwatosin400: 10:48am On May 22, 2017
A businessman in Yobe state, Mohammed Yakubu Jacob, has married off 50 young girls to their prospective suitors in Yobe state. The marriage ceremony took place in Gashua town in the state yesterday May 21st.According to reports, Jacob organized the wedding for the girls who are too poor to organize a wedding themselves. Most of the girls were children of Internally Displaced Parents.

This isn't the first time Jacob would be organizing a wedding in this manner. Sometime in April, he organized a wedding for 40 girls with poor suitors.On why he organized the recent wedding,the businessman said he got inundated by calls from the girls after they found out about the previous weddings he organized for other people."These girls will call me crying for help that their parents have no means to marry them off.

I know how it feels for a father to have a grown up daughter that is due for marriage but he does not have money to do that. Some of the girls even lost their parents and I don’t want their dream to remain unfulfilled,” he said

Source: http://www.flexygist.com.ng/2017/05/22/photo-businessman-pays-for-the-wedding-of-50-girls-in-yobe/

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State by Yhelay(m): 10:52am On May 22, 2017
Okay... Thats good of him but I bet those girls are below 18
Re: Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State by auntysimbiat(f): 10:54am On May 22, 2017
Hmmm.... bride ready but no groom
Re: Photo: Businessman Pays For The Wedding Of 50 Girls In Yobe State by Baawaa(m): 10:55am On May 22, 2017
When these Aboki people go stop this useless generosity,teach them how to fish rather than given them fish

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day / Once Boo �don't Don't Trust You Again / Promo! Promo!! Promo!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.