Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Let Kindness Set Us Free, Be Kind Everytime - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let Kindness Set Us Free, Be Kind Everytime (381 Views)

The Lifehack For Handling Criticism!this Image Is What You Need To See Everytime / This Cracks Me Up Everytime! Totally Unexpected / 1 Day To Go! Attend #empowertech Free Be Part Of Free Career Changing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Kindness Set Us Free, Be Kind Everytime by rkennyking(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2017
Will be sharing some sweet,true stories here , wishing we can get moved to keep being kind or start sowing the good seed of kindness as you never know who reaps from the Tree called Kindness

Posted by Unknown person"
I used to work at Burger King and a mother and daughter were coming through the drive through, they seemed like they had been through a lot... I know that's weird to say because I had literally just seen them, but when you've been through a lot too, I dunno, just the way that mom looked at me in the eyes.. Anyway, the daughter was so kind and I was working the pay window. I always tried to make a customer's drive through experience memorable and I was telling jokes and made the daughter laugh, she couldn't have been more than 10 years old. She got a kid's meal and a hershey pie and the mom got a Whopper meal. Their total was about 15 dollars. I had run the woman's card 3 times each time said declined. As an employee, I always have about 10 in ones on my person, just in case someone was short and needed that extra little bit to get what they wanted. Plus, it always made me feel so good seeing the look on people's faces. Well this time, I had plenty of cash I just got paid the day before. I paid for the woman's meal and handed her 5 dollars. I said, "I paid for your meal, unfortunately your card got declined, but no worries smiley". She said back, "Thank you so much, but why the 5?" And tried to hand it back to me. I told her "Well, your daughter is wearing a little mermaid t-shirt and I think I saw an Ariel doll at 5-below or something of the sort right across the street, could you please get that for her?" Right away, the mom started tearing up, and chocking back tears, she said "It's her birthday and I couldn't afford to get her anything other than that pie as something special for her, and it seems I couldn't even afford that." Feeling like a baby, I too started tearing up, so I handed her a 20 and said "Everyone falls on hard time miss, and you and your daughter should celebrate her birthday like hard times don't exist." She was so happy and told her daughter to thank me. She did, politely, and they went on their merry way. I'd like to think that girl had an amazing birthday, and I will never forget that day. Always stay humble, remember that the more you give, the more you receive, whether it be immediate or not. Have a blessed day and thank you for reading this, whoever does smiley.
"

Posted By Unknown Person"Once I was on a date a Chinese buffet and there was a older man eating alone and for some reason I felt for him because I spend most of my time by myself with little human interaction. So I paid for his meal. When I went to tell him he nearly cried. He was the sweetest guy I've ever met
"

You are encouraged to please share your experience of some kind act, with the hope that our community can get more of this
Re: Let Kindness Set Us Free, Be Kind Everytime by rkennyking(m): 2:01pm On May 22, 2017
Posted By Uknown Person
" I remember one time I had left McDonald's and there was a homeless man standing outside asking for food. I had bought a pretty good amount of food and I decided that I would give my part of the food to him and just share with my bf. So I gave them the two McChicken's I had bought as well as one of the fries.

He was extremely grateful and when I got to the car my bf remarked that he saw the guy walk down with the food in hand. Curious, he drove us further down and we saw him kneeling and giving all the food to two girls that were sitting on the cement. I remember getting so emotional that I asked my bf if we could just give them the rest of the food.

He got out of the car with me and we handed the man and the children the other meal and the drinks and my bf handed him a $20. The man began to cry and refuse but we insisted. Since I work in social services I also gave him a list of places he could go with the children for temporary shelter and assistance. At the end of the thing the man promised he would go and get himself and children back on track. He was an immigrant that was laid off and had no family. He had paid to bring his children to the US and was even contemplating being deported back.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to the family. All I can do is help when I am able to and hope for the best. I believe that's what it means to be human."

"
I was in subway the other day on my break. This lady was in front of me . She saw my work shirt and said oh your on break. I daid yeah. She said well get in front I can wait. I said thank you. When I paid for my meal I tole the chashier. That ladys meal is on me. And walk out."

"
Once I was holding up the self checkout line, counting change over and over because I came up short. I had to put back 2 packs of Ramen because I couldn't afford them. Equivalent of 2 dimes. The lady behind me, instead of being impatient, asked me if she could buy them for me. I refused but she asked again, and I just stepped aside. That was the most poor I've ever been. Fast forward a couple months later when my job is giving me better hours and I have help on bills, a lady in front of me was buying juicy juice and diapers but was short a dollar. She walked out to her car to look for change, visibly upset. I paid the difference and thought of the woman who did the same to me. I wasn't impatient. I wasn't angry she took too long. Kindness is what we need more of."

"
Something like that happened to our family. I was at the orthodontist with my 3 girls, 2 of them getting their monthly check up. Then in the middle of their appointment (both in chairs side by side) the receptionist got a call from a hospital where my husband was taken by ambulance he was having a heart attack. Husband was able to give the Dr. the place of where we were at. Dr. D pulled both girls from the chairs immediately after quickly fixing them enough to hold them over for a few days. All went well with husband then when I went to pay our monthly payment Dr. D came out and said there was a 0 balance. We had about another 10 months to pay but he insisted it was a 0 balance. We were so thankful because husband was out for 6 months. Dr. D also did this for dozens of young kids. His family also had the local apple farm and he would hire young college kids to help pay off their treatments. A wonderful man and family.
"
Re: Let Kindness Set Us Free, Be Kind Everytime by rkennyking(m): 2:06pm On May 22, 2017
Posted by Unknown
"A lady from my church was in an abusive relationship and had severe damage to her teeth as a result. The surgeon doing the repair work set up a budget of 150 per.month for paying him back over several years, he normally asked for full payment in advance. She explained her situation and said could not afford it and would have to wait. As she was leaving he stopped her and she what about 75 could you afford That? She said it was stretching it but she could afford 75 a month. He said no just 75 dollars and she could.take as long as she wanted to pay him. We are talking 1000's of dollars. Some people just have huge hearts
"

"I was eating at McDonald's in Muskogee back in January and a mother and son came in he had lost his job and they were trying to get some ok lunch but didn't have enough I got up and told the lady to give them what they wanted because I have walked in their shoes not long ago
"
"When I worked at a toy store, we had people that would come in and pay off other people's layaway orders. I'll never forget the tears in people's eyes as they heard. One little old lady broke down completely as she was afraid her payment would be late since her social security check had come in late and those were the presents for her grandkids.
"

"I was working the drive thru at a fast food place one time this car pulled up and she wanted to pay for the car behind her. She started a chain that day each person was paying for the next car it lasted through 16 cars. Little things warm my heart!
"
"I work in retail and when I see these types of things it warms my heart, it lets me know people still have a sense of humanity left I remember on Christmas eve I was working and the family had come through my line with about 4 or 5 children a mom and a dad and they had two huge cartfuls of groceries (totalling up to about $450) at the end of my register an older woman is standing there looking and the mom is still unloading while dad was watching over the kids all of a sudden the women pulls out a 100 dollar bill comes up and hands it to me and tells me to put it towards their groceries and then walked out, when I had told the mother what has happened she turned around in shock and nearly started crying I will never forget that day and I hope all of you that can act in some sort of way... I see these types of situations all the time and it kills me that I can't help everybody... Spread kindness we need more of it even if it's just a little gesture <3
"
"That's so weird I'm seeing this. I work in a pharmacy and lady came to get her medicine but didn't have enough money to pay for it and a man overheard and paid for the medicine for her. Needless to say I was choking back tears.
"

" I am in the military and a few years ago I went home on leave to visit my mother. I wanted to take her out to eat but I didn't have a lot of money at the time. So we went to Dennys and I was prepared to spend what I needed to so she would be able to get what she wanted. I didn't tell her that I didn't have a lot of money. We got our food and ate and had a great time. At the end of the meal I asked for the check and the waitress brought me a piece of paper with a note on it. It said that our meal had been paid for by an elderly couple who had already left. They had seen us and said that I was the only young man in the restaurant who took his hat of at the table to eat. They thought it was nice to see a young man who still had proper manners and wanted to bless us. Unknowingly, they gave me blessing far greater than they realized that day. Years later and I have never forgotten their kindness and I hope to one day repay that with the same kindness to someone else
"

" I offered a homeless man some money one day.. he said "you're the 3rd person in a half hour to offer me money so, no thank you, I have enough for today".. I said "then use it tomorrow ", he said "No, because you might meet someone who needs it today!".. TRUE STORY.. never judge!
"

(1) (Reply)

SARS Officer Shoots A Man On Camera In Delta State / Dear Nairalanders, Opinions And Points Please For A Debate, Kindly Contribute / Acting President Sends Final Warning To Arewa Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.