Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? (34702 Views)

Igwe Umenyiora Donates Food Items To His Community In Anambra (Photos ) / Oyo Twins Festival: 2034 Sets Of Twins Participate / Omu-ekiti: A Community Filled With Strange Tales And Mysteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by pek(m): 1:41pm On May 27, 2017
tetengi4life:
pic 1 and 2 : are the couples taking care of the children (during the interview with camera man)
Couple you mean.

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by sinisters(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2017
Nobody should complain of colonial masters setting Africa backward.Traditions and customs in this part of the world was truly horrible and wouldn't have paved the way for any reasonable growth.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by micholo123(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2017
I think these orphanages should create more awareness about their activities so that those that dump babies in dust bins will give their babies to them instead of throwing them away
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by whitebeard(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2017
Biafra also does the same thing imbedding violence into young children..!! abeg swerve jare..!!
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 27, 2017
All these happening right under the nose of our hopeless politicians in abuja who only know how to steal public funds.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by katchagboro(m): 2:03pm On May 27, 2017
Tete carry on. I love your work, the sky is your limit. Have faith in God and things will get better soon.
Alfa
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 27, 2017
don't they have a police station there?
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by ucheemmadu18(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2017
lie from the pit of hell.i stay in KUJE Abuja, there's nothing like that.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 27, 2017
presented007:
In this century but why is the North so backward like this cry
You may be surprised it still exist in other regions
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Jaideyone(m): 2:21pm On May 27, 2017
at least those of us in ewedu land didn't need a certain mary slessor to tell us to stop killing twins grin later you ipob ignoramuses will still come here and yab your colonial masters. if not for the intervention of the whites and ajayi crowther you cvnts will still be chasing bush meat bare footed and dancing around a fire naked grin

edited
let me give you bonus
those of us in ewedu land value our children. we don't get pregnant fr 9months just because we want to sell the baby for 200dollars grin
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by brojoshua: 2:21pm On May 27, 2017
That is in obedience to the demons of the gods they are worshipping and serving, killing their own offspring. Very evil and satanic. When you don't serve God in truth, through His Son Jesus Christ, and you believe in Satan rather than God, then the devil will ask or command you to do any evil, and you will do it, and because you yourself is evil and love evil.
But now let the wicked believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God and the saviour of the world and God will save them. Let the ones who believe among them repent from their sins and God will forgive them, remove their sins and give them eternal life, and they will no more; serve the devil, be slaves of Satan and sins, and commit evil, but will be serving God in truth and do only what is good and right by the power of God
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 27, 2017
AworiLagosian:
This happened in other parts of Nigeria, mostly in the East till about shortly before independence.

I don't know why anyone would regard Giving birth to twins or triplets as bad, when some couples are praying to have just one and are unable to get.
We need to thank Mary Slessor
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by genieluv(f): 2:26pm On May 27, 2017
tetengi4life:
On the (Saturday) 20th of May, i was called by a foundation (live-bridge foundation) to follow them to a Community that still kills twins and 3plets children in FCT. i thought it was a joke, until we got there.

The communities name is KIYI along Kuje-Gwagwalada road Abuja. When we reached there, we saw hose children that where saved from this cultural carnage. If the child grows upper teeth before the lower teeth, he/she will be smashed on a tree trunk as sacrificed to the Oracle. And if a breastfeeding mother dies, the child will be buried alive.

Also, they kill albinos children. Livebridge is working tirelessly to stop this cultural carnage. In addition to that, we did several medical examinations to treat those children, and took some to national hospital for emergency treatments and surgeries.

Vin Heritage homes where the children are saved is founded by a missionary pastor, who usually goes to the 'evil' forest to pick some of them that are still alive. Sometimes, some of the mothers that give birth to twins/3plets had to run discretely to the orphanage to donate one and present one to the community.

below are some pictures starting from the 'evil' forest
http://livebridgefoundation.org

lalasticlacla pls do the needful lets the community be enlightened. You can also verify it yourself

Jesus!

This is terrible and despicable at the same time!

Kudos to the orphanage, may God continue to bless them
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Skubidude(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2017
whitebeard:
Biafra also does the same thing imbedding violence into young children..!! abeg swerve jare..!!

You just got the award of the dumbest post of the year. Now take it and get lost!
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by YelloweWest: 2:49pm On May 27, 2017
Africa cry cry cry
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by chiraqDemon(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2017
Was shocked when i heard INSIDE FCT. If to say na one island wey no man don discover. How at least civilisation of soke sort never reach some kind places inside that fct still de baffle me. My guy even tell me say e get places wey dem still de waka naked or de tie palm frond as cloth for fct
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by polydoctor(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2017
This sound awkward to hear
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by GSyntax(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2017
merit455:
I smell lies

It is not lies. I have actually listened to WE FM Abuja hold a show on this very topic/community during one of the episodes of Stanley Bentu's Morning Mojo show. So, it's very true. Thank you, op, for bringing up this issue to the public domain.

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by fakati(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2017
You don't mean it at this age things like these can still happen.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Lanretoye(m): 4:24pm On May 27, 2017
this post has n ulterior motive,instead of talking more about the community,it emphasizes on the foundation.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Houseofglam7(f): 4:36pm On May 27, 2017
jchioma:
Is this for real
Yup it's real.
I've been there.
We went with some media crew from ChannelsTv but were chased away.
They didn't want it publicized.
You can go see things for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by salt1: 4:42pm On May 27, 2017
This is why some of us are wary of traditional religion.
Many, if not all the African gods, demanded human sacrifice.
Or insisted on ostracizing people based on natural defects or gender. How can I worship a god that abhors women, albinos, etc?

How liberating to know that Jesus says 'whosoever will' may come! Black, White, red, yellow everyone is equal and precious. It makes sense. Great sense!
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Tisham20(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2017
hian

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Bondesniger(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2017
THERE are some other communities like that they will soon be exposed

where is the member house of rep in that area
is the government dont have a pre-knowledge of this?
NGOs NGOs thumb up for this one

tetengi4life:
On the (Saturday) 20th of May, i was called by a foundation (live-bridge foundation) to follow them to a Community that still kills twins and 3plets children in FCT. i thought it was a joke, until we got there.

The communities name is KIYI along Kuje-Gwagwalada road Abuja. When we reached there, we saw hose children that where saved from this cultural carnage. If the child grows upper teeth before the lower teeth, he/she will be smashed on a tree trunk as sacrificed to the Oracle. And if a breastfeeding mother dies, the child will be buried alive.

Also, they kill albinos children. Livebridge is working tirelessly to stop this cultural carnage. In addition to that, we did several medical examinations to treat those children, and took some to national hospital for emergency treatments and surgeries.

Vin Heritage homes where the children are saved is founded by a missionary pastor, who usually goes to the 'evil' forest to pick some of them that are still alive. Sometimes, some of the mothers that give birth to twins/3plets had to run discretely to the orphanage to donate one and present one to the community.

below are some pictures starting from the 'evil' forest
http://livebridgefoundation.org

lalasticlacla pls do the needful lets the community be enlightened. You can also verify it yourself
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by jchioma: 6:06pm On May 27, 2017
Houseofglam7:

Yup it's real.
I've been there.
We went with some media crew from ChannelsTv but were chased away.
They didn't want it publicized.
You can go see things for yourself.

Well, it is really unfortunate, that at this time and age, such barbaric acts are still being condoned. But, what is the govt at local, state and federal doing to stem this ungodly and barbaric act?

Anyway, kudos, to you guys. May more grace be supplied to you for your job at hand.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Prettyenit18(f): 6:50pm On May 27, 2017
I think its true oh, from my house to kiyi the transport fare is 50naira. I have heard that the orphanage harvests children there like yam.
merit455:
I smell lies

1 Like

Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by Houseofglam7(f): 8:12pm On May 27, 2017
jchioma:

Well, it is really unfortunate, that at this time and age, such barbaric acts are still being condoned. But, what is the govt at local, state and federal doing to stem this ungodly and barbaric act?

Anyway, kudos, to you guys. May more grace be supplied to you for your job at hand.
Thank you.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by tobrinskilanski: 9:42pm On May 27, 2017
tetengi4life:

indeed
Hmmmm

I perceive low brain.
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by VanBommel(m): 6:11am On May 28, 2017
AworiLagosian:
This happened in other parts of Nigeria, mostly in the East till about shortly before independence.

I don't know why anyone would regard Giving birth to twins or triplets as bad, when some couples are praying to have just one and are unable to get.
which eastern part of Nigeria abi is the amala with oily soup you're eating altering the functionality of your brain? undecided undecided o.de undecided
Re: Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? by VanBommel(m): 6:16am On May 28, 2017
whitebeard:
olo.do oshi undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanusi's Sons Go For A Horse Riding In Kano (Photo) / Wada Ibrahim Waziri Is Dead / The First Race On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.