Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards (24995 Views)

What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by number5(m): 3:39pm On May 31, 2017
ionsman:
Gators: Have "U" shaped snouts...Teeth isnt visible when jaws are closed...Found ONLY in southeastern America and eastern China...Afraid of humans but lose fear when they see humans regularly...Live in freshwater habitats(can sometimes be seen in brackish water).

Crocs: Have "V" shaped snouts...Teeth is visible when jaws are closed...Found virtually all over the world...Are bad-tempered and can attack adult humans even without provocation...Live in freshwater and saltwater habitats...

If you still decide to be ignorant after these cogent explanations,sorry is your case.

Leave them be..av been waiting for their pictures to prove their point but non has provided any..smh

Abi all them alligators for edo market don go hide ni
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 31, 2017
number5:

my post is very well confirmed sir..you can make your own research and report back here.

the boarder line between a croc and an alligator is very slim..so my guess is that what you see in ur benin market is a monitor lizard wich most nigerians mistake for an alligator..pls ooh that long slim one that looks like a glorified lizard is no alligator..an alligator is as big as a crocodile and looks like it in many features.

as for the fifth pix, the head of a little komodo and a big monitor lizard looks alike when compared. thats a specie of monitor lizard and not komodo..

komodos are found nowere near nigeria.

Mehn you're so wrong

Don't believe everything you read

Who told you alligators aren't found in Africa

In your defense you are saying its monitor lizard

You must really take us for fools that can't differentiate alligators from monitor lizards

When ever you're in Benin city give me a call and I'd show you an alligator
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 31, 2017
number5:

Leave them be..av been waiting for their pictures to prove their point but non has provided any..smh

Abi all them alligators for edo market don go hide ni

Bro if you could take your time to visit Google and do some research on this

. Also take that same time to visit Edo State to experience it with your eyes

If you expect anyone to leave the schedule and visit a market and start taking pictures for you

Mehn you sitting on a long thing

Note: you could also believe the white man theory as you already do, it's also allowed
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2017
In keeping with my promise,these are pics of alligators I got from uwa market in Benin. It was raining amf getting already dark when I took them.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2017
Still on the matter......

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2017
number5:

oya pls show us this ur alligator pix..

school us pls
hope u have seen d pics of alligators i took today?
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2017
number5:

Bruv...

We still waiting for you to wow us with your alligator pictures.
hope u are have seen d pics?
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by somehow: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
I am also waiting for him to tell us these aren't alligators or they don't have U-shaped mouth (the first picture ridicules that assertion)
oz4real83:
hope u have seen d pics of alligators i took today?
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by VoltageDivida(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
For those still arguing that alligators are also found in Africa, but are too primitive to use google, here are some proves for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by somehow: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chai..black man (most) with underdeveloped braincells. Incapable of thinking for himself.
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Even after supporting my claim with pics u still come online to use google as ur evidence? Na wa for u oooo
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by number5(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
I was banned by the jobless admin for my comment reply to ur picture post...

My comment loading...

Will reply as soon as I am less busy
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by somehow: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
SMH!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Funny enough,when I havent gotten picture evidence that alligators are also found in Nigeria,this thread was very busy. Since i posted my pics,almost nobody is responding or saying anything.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by ZACHIE: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
oz4real83:
Funny enough,when I havent gotten picture evidence that alligators are also found in Nigeria,this thread was very busy. Since i posted my pics,almost nobody is responding or saying anything.

We all left you to your unyielding ignorance.
Keep hunting for more members of the Lizard/Crocodilia family and do naming ceremonies for all of them.

You can even do Asoebi. It is all up to you.

I am out
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
ZACHIE:

Keep hunting for more members of the Lizard/Crocodilia family and do naming ceremonies for all of them.

I am out
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoramus!!!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
ZACHIE:

I am out
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoram.us!!!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
ZACHIE:

I am out
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoram..us!!!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by ZACHIE: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
oz4real83:
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoram..us!!!
oz4real83:
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoram.us!!!
oz4real83:
u are very backward with ur reasoning. Are u trying to say that the pics I took from a market in Benin city are not that of alligators? Try to argue with facts next time. Ignoramus!!!

And this merited 3 quotes?
Small boy!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by oz4real83(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2017
ZACHIE:

Small boy!
that shows i pissed I am with ur arguement. I wanted u to disprove the pics I posted instead of what u did/said.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by somehow: 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
you are the small boy here! when you saw a better argument, you resorted to insulting the guy. grow up!
ZACHIE:

Small boy!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by ZACHIE: 9:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Yawnnnnn no
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by dellaziz(m): 6:44am On Nov 08, 2017
oz4real83:

those are West African dwarf crocodiles

the ones u snapped
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by dellaziz(m): 6:54am On Nov 08, 2017
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_crocodile

notice d head shape of d orange one and d Bènin ones posted

Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by Mustiboy(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2018
oz4real83:
God bless u bro. u proved them wrong n they all ran into their hiding caves. kids!
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by greenmonk: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Mustiboy:
God bless u bro. u proved them wrong n they all ran into their hiding caves. kids!
Don't mind the mumu op who was challenging me to go ti our market by 10 pm and bring him a picture of crocodile. They take everything oyibo write about Africa as the truth. The crocodile trives in the subtropical part of the USA but won't be available in Nigeria because oyibo said so.
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by Mustiboy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
greenmonk:

Don't mind the mumu op who was challenging me to go ti our market by 10 pm and bring him a picture of crocodile. They take everything oyibo write about Africa as the truth. The crocodile trives in the subtropical part of the USA but won't be available in Nigeria because oyibo said so.
their brain is wired 2 believE what d whites say about them.
Re: Difference Between Crocodiles, Alligators And Monitor Lizards by ChineduObinna(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
You need to understand what "native to" means. It's a point of origin. Palm trees are native to Africa but you have them in Beverly hills for over 50 years now.
That it's native to USA, Mexico and China doesn't mean you can't find them in other countries.

As an animal scientist with good understanding of phenotypes, I can tell you for sure that there are Alligators in the country, just go to fresh water communities in the country and you'll find em.

A visit to some Zoos in the country can further enlighten you on it, then try to find out where they were sourced from, you'll be amazed it's from within, not imported

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Ui Pre Degree Form Is Out Again / The Misuse Of The Words 'ADVICE' And 'ADVISE'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.