Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,995 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' (519 Views)

Jamb Website Hacked, Some Results Upgraded” Orders Fresh Exams On May 26 / JAMB 2018 Exam Slip | How To Enable Pop-up On JAMB Website On Chrome Or Firefox / I Collected Over 600,000 To Hack JAMB Website & Created 400 Usernames – Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' by omaolowo(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2017
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/231851-jamb-website-hacking-kingpin-arrested.html

JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin ‘Arrested’

May 22, 2017
Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji

THE Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, on Monday said it arrested fraud kingpin who hacked the board’s website to perpetrate illegality.

The Registrar of the Board, Is-haq Oloyede, made the disclosure at the maiden edition of the 2017 Ogun State Education Summit held at June 12 Cultural Centre, Abeokuta.

Mr. Oloyode, who delivered a lecture on the topic, “Baseline and Assessment” lamented that the suspect was his kinsman from Abeokuta, and said he felt ashamed to be share the hometown with the suspect.

“I was ashamed to have come from Abeokuta the day we discovered that the greatest criminal to have hacked into the website of Jamb for the 2017 UTME exam came from Abeokuta,” the registrar stated.

He said the suspect had been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.

“As a matter of fact, I was ashamed and I had to claim that I came from Ake, and there is no difference between Ake and Abeokuta. However, as expected, the suspect is where he should be, he is in detention,” Mr. Oloyede said.

The Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, said he was set to rehabilitate cyber criminals to turn new leaf and be useful to the state.

Mr. Amosun also expressed dismay that the arrested kingpin was a native of Ogun State, but said he would do everything possible to ensure the talents of hackers were used positively.
Re: JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' by eezeribe(m): 7:20pm On May 22, 2017
OK
Re: JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' by chibatov(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2017
AF_NJ_
Re: JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' by PEPPERified: 7:33pm On May 22, 2017
Brown roof republic.
Re: JAMB Website Hacking Kingpin 'arrested' by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2017
The guy must be a genius... No need being tribal in such issue!!

They should employ him ASAP!!

We need such talents in Nigeria....

I guess other IT firms will pick him up ASAP [ After serving his jail term tho ] cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State University (RSUST) Suspended/dismissed Ten (10) Students / UI Student Union Press Statement / JAMB Change Of Institution/course 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.