Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics (44498 Views)

Nigerians Top List Of African Students Studying In U.S. In 2019 / Girls Show Less Interest In Mathematics – Presidency / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Axsetup: 7:31pm On May 22, 2017

The trio of Master Honour Olatunji, Master Daniel-Aguebor Emmanuel Jesutobiloba and Master Olatunde Oluwasemilore Olaposi have emerged top in the world in Mathematics at the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education IGCSE, the British Council has said. They were honoured Friday night at the Intercontinental Hotel, Lagos, along side other 63 awardees in a ceremony well attended by many stakeholders in the sector. Leading universities and employers worldwide accept Cambridge IGCSE as evidence of academic ability.

Master Honour Olatunji, student of Greensprings School, Lagos emerged top in the world at the 2016 Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics. In his response to the award, Olatunji said: “I love mathematics.” “Finding out about my award did not just make me joyful, but also increased my love and passion for mathematics! “I found the Cambridge IGCSE curriculum very interesting because it is skills-based and makes you think critically. “It was really helpful in exposing and preparing me to do well in international schools and universities in future. Also, I enjoyed the privileged of highly competent and committed teachers.”

Olatunji who urged learners to start exams preparations early, noted that early preparation makes your exams stress free. “My first advice to other learners is to start preparing early; I started preparing for my Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics four months early. “This makes your preparation stress-free. Also, practise a lot of past questions and learn from your mistakes. Finding a study partner would be very helpful too,” he said. In his future plan, he said: “I plan on applying to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Stanford University to study Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Similarly, in 2015 categories, Master Daniel-Aguebor Emmanuel Jesutobiloba, a student from The Ambassador College, Ota also emerged top in the World at the Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics. In his remark, he said: “I gave the exams a 100% focus and made sure I covered my textbooks and schemes. Also, my teachers taught me in easy-to-understand and interesting ways. “I find Cambridge interesting because I got to see learning in a more practical and exciting way, which taught me to think more critically, to solve real life problems more effectively, and to be passionate about learning. It was also challenging, because it was different from the normal curriculum I had been exposed to for years.” He urged students to acquire knowledge through in-depth learning, and not just reading to pass tests. “I have been accepted to study Electrical Engineering at university,” he disclosed.

Besides, Master Olatunde Oluwasemilore Olaposi, student of The Ambassador College, Ota also came top in the World, Cambridge IGCSE in Mathematics in the Nov 2015. He said: “The Cambridge IGCSE programme was quite demanding and yet interesting. It made me realise that education was more than just gathering information – it was about being able to apply it to challenges in the real world. I had teachers who were always there to help me through aspects I did not understand well and provide enough past questions to work on.

“I advice learners to put in their very best as they prepare for the exams, realising that the knowledge gained will go beyond receiving a certificate from Cambridge.” Top in the world were 8, top in Nigeria, 55 and the best across were 3. On the whole, a total of 66 were honored by the British Council at the Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards for the November 2015 and June 2016 examination series. The award night was grace by Country Director, British Council Nigeria, Connie Price, British High Commissioner, represented by Andrew Davidson, Deputy Head of Nigeria, Janet Morris, Director, International Network Cambridge and former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/cambridge-igcse-3-nigerian-students-top-world-maths/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by holywahala19(m): 7:41pm On May 22, 2017
we ipob says noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo9oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo9ooooooo.

we can't taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

three afonjas?

my chest ooooooooooooooo.

I live in Trafford, UK .

I drive Bentley 2030 model.

I'm very very rich my people.

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by daamazing(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
holywahala19:
we ipob says noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo9oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo9ooooooo.

we can't taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.

three afonjas?

I live in Trafford, UK .

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 22, 2017
Always REPing!!!

Afonja for life
I wont say much!

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Omofunaab2: 9:12pm On May 22, 2017
Okay

109 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by FlyoruB: 9:18pm On May 22, 2017
Afonja whyyy.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by SEEDORF441(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2017
yoruba lasa ati ise

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Caustics: 9:40pm On May 22, 2017
undecided
Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by AworiLagosian: 9:40pm On May 22, 2017
The Great Yorubas

Coming in and acknowledging the names like...

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by PharmaGirl(f): 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
cool
Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by AworiLagosian: 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
Grand master of The Flatron Name Checkers squad (The person Below me) Peeping at this thread from across the hole like:

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by IgbosAreGreat(f): 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
grin

I need to sleep now

Goodnte nairalanders

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by adesammy1(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
If only na drugs competition.. .i trust our developers won't let us down...meanwhile somewhere in Malaysia one of the developers is sweating with goods inside his bag hoping to scale through airport security

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by destiny322(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
I would av bin FTC bt dis java phone wan kill me.. Abeg make ona help me with likes.. Na God name I tk beg ona.. I go use some of d lyks add small money buy android

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 22, 2017
holywahala19:

three afonjas?

I live in Trafford, UK .

If Stupidity was power you would have been a god by now

13 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Teewhy2: 9:42pm On May 22, 2017
Nigerians are good at what they do and can succeed in what ever they put their mind too. the main challenges in Nigeria is enabling environment and leadership.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

5 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 22, 2017
holywahala19:

three afonjas?

I live in Trafford, UK .

You know....just for today, let's give up the name checking.

Back when I was young, I admired a lot of academically brilliant kids in my school from a variety of tribes.

We may be of different tribes....but underneath our skulls....our brain matter is the same colour.What we choose to do with it is up to us...not our tribes.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 22, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
When it comes to education, give it to the Igbos...

Afonjas have made Awolowo's education policy be in vain

AFONJA UNITED
AFONJA FOR LIFE
LONG LIVE AFONJA KINGDOM

PROUDLY AFONJA
PROUDLY OMO OODUA

EYIN OMO YORUBA, E SHOW LOGO YIN grin
[img]http://3.bp..com/-gBDyQqz4Flw/Ukm4jlW6-mI/AAAAAAAABB4/u6Oz6ugRlVI/s1600/DSC_7723.JPG[/img]

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Epositive(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2017
good to see my fellow citizens doing wonderfully great8)

4 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Tenim47(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2017
IPOB 2+2=nna its 22

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nizguy(m): 9:44pm On May 22, 2017
daamazing:
congratulations to the awardees, do we say the era of Chikobi has passed? grin
Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Moreoffaith(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2017
by their names you shall know them.
Afonja rebublic.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by eitsei(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2017
Seriously, nairaland haff spoil me ooo.... When i saw 3 Nigerians I secretly hoped they would be Yoruba... We should stop this tribalism oo

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by hucienda: 9:46pm On May 22, 2017
Congratulations boys!

All the best in your academic pursuits.

cc: NCAN

7 Likes

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by mrmrmister: 9:46pm On May 22, 2017
undecided

Only on Nairaland will you see people who have no idea where their next meal will come from shouting "afonja and ipod"

Stupid things!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by holywahala19(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2017
Averted:
If Stupidity was power you would have been a god by now
poor jambito.
fuc.k off.
I'm very rich my people.
Trafford, UK.
Bentley 2030 model.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Nizguy(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2017
Tenim47:

IPOB 2+2=nna its 22
have u forgotten that Chikobi was the first mathematics graduate in Nigeria undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Nigerians Top The World In Mathematics by Aminu212: 9:47pm On May 22, 2017
Wow this is good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / When You Have Been Misbehaving In School And Your Grandma Goes To PTA Meeting / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.