Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,947 members, 7,845,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) (104488 Views)

Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos) / Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by iukpe: 7:25pm On May 23, 2017
Kobicove:
If all Nigerians were this honest this country would be a much better place smiley

It's dishonesty that has made us a country with a currency lesser in value than Ghana.
No just honesty, but if Nigerians glorify right against wrong or evil, the country will be a better place. many people are ready to go into conspiracy just to take what is not theirs, especially youths of today.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by phreakabit(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2017
WhistleB:
Nigeria will be great again.

Trying to recollect Nigeria being great. . . . All that comes to mind is football.
Its always been a dump yard.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 23, 2017
If you run your mind through how mobile bank apps are structured, you will find it a little incredible that someone will transfer money to someone else. First you will need to select the recipients destination bank, then enter account number and the platform will pull up the beneficiary's name. Won't the person look at the recipient name pulled up? If it turned out the sender selected a random name from saved beneficiaries it then means they have had a previous transaction in the past. This recipient then isn't so much of a stranger. My tots sha.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by curvilicious: 7:27pm On May 23, 2017
There are more good pple than bad ones in Naijuria
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by iukpe: 7:28pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

You are absolutely right

Only illiterates would imagine that she could get away with it. Even though it was the man's mistake.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by sapientia(m): 7:30pm On May 23, 2017
There is still hope for humanity.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ifeanyi83(m): 7:30pm On May 23, 2017
I thought online platforms show the name of the recipient after inputing the account number...he's lucky though...
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by platinumphotos: 7:30pm On May 23, 2017
There's more to this story jare... How did he get her number the same day?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by heenriiy19(m): 7:30pm On May 23, 2017
Lies err where how did he got god mobile number
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by oyienootieno: 7:31pm On May 23, 2017
egbaguy2:
How the person get her number though

My thoughts too..
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by felixawe(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:
Even in this current situation in Nigeria, some people are still kind hearted. 

This is the story of a young lady that returned some money that was mistakenly transferred to her account. Her name is Zinny Adajiugo. She was minding her business when she received an sms bank alert. After a while the person called her and was begging her to return the money that he did it in error. She calmed the man down and told him she has a daily limit of 500k a day, so she transferred 500k yesterday and promised to transfer the rest today, and true to type she sent the rest of the money today. She said the reason why she did it was because of the way her mom trained her not to take what belongs to other people. 

Attached are screen shots from her Facebook page of her narration on the incident ‎

THERE'S A SHARP CONTRAST , I MEAN BIG LIE THAT'S TOO AMBIGUOUS TO BELIEVE !
IF U TRANSFER VIA MOBILE BANKING APP OR INTERNET BANKING PORTAL, THE RECIPIENT NAME MUST BE DISPLAYED OTHERWISE IS ATM MACHINE.
1: HOW COME THE SENDER ABLE TO TRACE THE RECEIVER TELEPHONE NO ? BANKER CANNOT REVEAL SUCH TO U FOR PRIVACY AND SECURITY REASON.

2: DIDN'T THE SENDER AUTHENTICATE THE RECIPIENT'S CREDENTIALS BEFORE THE TRANSFER ?

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.
Orie wambe grin
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by AYOMITIDE1982(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2017
Nice gesture... Did same sometime in 2015 when #90,000 was mistakingly transferred to my account... Sincerely,I was tempted to withdraw #20k from it initially,but returned the 20k to my account and transferred the whole #90k back to the owner when my conscience would not allow me to have peace..Only the blessings of God maketh rich and add no sorrow

4 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by eipreel(f): 7:36pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:

Easy, the person that sent the cash would have complained to the bank and they'd have released the recipient's number.

Not true. If the sender actually went to his bank to lodge a complaint,the receiving bank will get across to account holder on behalf of the sending bank to get approval to reverse such funds transferred in error. The only way he could have called the lady in question is if he had her contact or knows her before.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ElDeeVee(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2017
ednut1:
some paid 20k into one of my accounts i dont use again last week, since den nobody don claim am cheesy. reference"trf". wont spend it sha

Bros na me abeg. Kindly send it back.

Cheers
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by ednut1(m): 7:43pm On May 23, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Bros na me abeg. Kindly send it back.

Cheers
undecided thunder wan fire ur a@@ abi

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 23, 2017
waxxydude:
Yes oh, naso my mumsy, grandmama & papa too train me, but walai if that money jus mistake miss road, we'd share that money 60-40.

Pikin wey mistake carry spoon with food nak nose instead of inside mouth don chop belleful.
I go collect the 60k on top .I dey tell u
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by DMerciful(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2017
Was Nigeria great before?
WhistleB:
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by sniperr007(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2017
WhistleB:

Was Nigeria ever great? Jus curious
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Organs(m): 7:45pm On May 23, 2017
hakeem4:
I would return the money oooo but I'd collect convenience fee maybe 10% of that money

Ole, barawo.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Josmila(m): 7:45pm On May 23, 2017
EmekaBlue:
People are good out there like me but this your story na Fake I bet.Bloogers undecided

While I applaud honesty which is what I would done too, but the story has some errors making it hard to believe.

She claimed due to her daily limits she couldn't send the entire money at once so she had the transfer twice. The smh notification she posted shows the entire money sent at once, how was that possible??

Again, no bank will release their customer's phone number to you for any reason. So how then did the guy in question get her phone number??

2 Likes

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Donbosco46: 7:46pm On May 23, 2017
She just form that SMS alert so that she can be paint as a good girl in social media. People can do anything to get popular on social media.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by omooba969(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2017
sbashir10:
she's a good woman, slay queen's will never return it oh

Are you tryna say slay queens are e-robbers? cool
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by expert1(m): 7:48pm On May 23, 2017
slawomir:
Good to be good. That was I saw 1000 naira note inside a note book in one of those lecture halls in Uniben(petroleum engineering). Luckily the person wrote down the phone number of her close friend on the note book. So I called the number. And she immediately inform the owner of the book. The Next day, the owner met me and I gave her the book and money

Mean while this is how some nairaland members will be feeling right now wishing it was their account.

What is this one saying ?
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2017
Josmila:

While I applaud honesty which is what I would done too, but the story has some errors making it hard to believe.

She claimed due to her daily limits she couldn't send the entire money at once so she had the transfer twice. The smh notification she posted shows the entire money sent at once, how was possible??
angry Blog story...Just take a look at her name also.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by expert1(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2017
zabuur:
It happened to me. 128k. The girl didn't wanna return it until I got them all arrested. The mother, brother, their pastor and the girl. That was 2 years ago
liar
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Benoxvals(m): 7:57pm On May 23, 2017
Not really a big deal...7 million was wrongly transferred to my acct sometime last year and I called my acct officer and reported..after one week the money was redirected to the right owner.
It all depends on the kind of acct that u r running..besides u cannot keep the money that is wrongly transferred to u...banks have a way of dealing with such issues.
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by YelloweWest: 8:00pm On May 23, 2017
M pls make her finance minister
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by jjcena(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2017
Don't mind this bloody lieing bloggers, this is nothing but a potpurry of lies and egopolishing of an orangutan from the serengetti wilderness. [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by bkool7(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2017
Well, there's actually no way she could have kept the money to herself if she had left a valid contact with her bank .
She will just end up being a fugitive
Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by Kolababe: 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
obidevine:
Now here's what actually happened . The lady opened up to me that this is what actually transpired

"Ok this is what happened... this guy was supposed to buy something from me.. so he already had my account number... he told me that d secretary will pay 20k to me, but instead 860k was paid... so I was surprised when I receive d alert
And I waited for his call"

She would have easily made away with the money, but she didn't.

FYI, she sells stuff online.

Oga, stop this! How would she have "easily" made away with the money when she could have been easily traced. She should thank her stars she returned it because, if she didn't, the bank would have immediately freeze her account that she won't be able to withdraw the money and she will be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2017
You ultimately become who you were trained to be ... did you guys read where she said her mother used to beat d hell of them if they were found with others possession?
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

What type of training do we give our children nowadays?? ? People/parents only care for their children but have continually failed to TRAIN them :- undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes / What Profitable Business Can I Invest N50,000 In Current Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.